Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #715
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
I just picked up a new glock 22c to replace my 8 month old gen 4 22. I still have the gen 4 for now, but it's on the chopping block. I just couldn't get used to the smaller grip size.
Didn't your gen 4 come with the backstraps? I'm using a Gen 4 as a duty gun and I prefer the no backstrap option. The other backstraps don't let the heel of my support hand grab anything because of the flat non-textured area there. In time, I will stipple the grip on it as I do all my glocks but it is working fine for me now.
blake-b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #716
mrchen

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6, 2013 Camaro 2LS
I carry a Taurus PT45 with custom loads for personal protection (multiple award US Marine rifle expert..Georgia concealed weapon permit holder)

I own many pistols, high powered rifles for hunting and target shooting, shotguns for trap, turkey, water fowl but the most fun and cheapest thing in the world to operate and blow stuff up with is a good ol AK47......I have many
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #717
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchen View Post
I carry a Taurus PT45 with custom loads for personal protection (multiple award US Marine rifle expert..Georgia concealed weapon permit holder)

I own many pistols, high powered rifles for hunting and target shooting, shotguns for trap, turkey, water fowl but the most fun and cheapest thing in the world to operate and blow stuff up with is a good ol AK47......I have many

Nice Yugo. I'm a big fan of AK type rifles too.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #718
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Didn't your gen 4 come with the backstraps? I'm using a Gen 4 as a duty gun and I prefer the no backstrap option. The other backstraps don't let the heel of my support hand grab anything because of the flat non-textured area there. In time, I will stipple the grip on it as I do all my glocks but it is working fine for me now.
Yes it does. I don't like the thinner grip itself, and the adjustable backstraps are cheese ball at best.

I also like the reduced recoil of the 22c. My first was glock was a 22c that served me well for 8 years, and 8,000+ rounds. I retired that one for the gen 4 22 and have regretted it ever since. So I went back and got a new 22c. it just seems to fit better for me.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #719
92rscamaro

Drives: red 92 rs.
what are everyones thoughts on the glock 19? i think thats what im leaning towards for my first pistol.
92rscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #720
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Yes it does. I don't like the thinner grip itself, and the adjustable backstraps are cheese ball at best.

I also like the reduced recoil of the 22c. My first was glock was a 22c that served me well for 8 years, and 8,000+ rounds. I retired that one for the gen 4 22 and have regretted it ever since. So I went back and got a new 22c. it just seems to fit better for me.
Gotcha. I can't really tell a huge difference between my old one and new other than the old had a really aggressive stipple job. In that respect, I guess the new one just isn't as grippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rscamaro View Post
what are everyones thoughts on the glock 19? i think thats what im leaning towards for my first pistol.
The Glock 19 is a fantastic weapon and you cannot go wrong with it. The only thing you will need to add are night sights unless it is coming with them. I also suggest a longer slide lock bar. You can get them 1mm longer than stock and make it so much easier to take it apart. Especially if you have fat or just big fingers.
blake-b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #721
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
I own a Mauser K98k (best bolt action rifle ever made!) and a Spencer Repeater Carbine....not sure if it works, lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #722
NicksVSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
Honestly, if I could readily buy/find the ammo, I'd prefer my Repro. MP44 instead of an AK.
Awww, that was a repro in that pic? :(
Those are worth a lot of money if they're the real deal! The AK47's daddy.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #723
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
I own a Mauser K98k (best bolt action rifle ever made!) and a Spencer Repeater Carbine....not sure if it works, lol.
Nice! My dad has a Czech mauser and i have a Turkish Mauser. Fun guns to shot. Almost bought a k98 on saturday haha
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #724
NicksVSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
Nice! My dad has a Czech mauser and i have a Turkish Mauser. Fun guns to shot. Almost bought a k98 on saturday haha
Yeah, they are really fun to shoot.
I got a sweet deal om Romanian 8mm a while back....it's corrosive though, so I gotta clean out the barrel with hot water after I shoot with it.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #725
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rscamaro View Post
Quote:

The Glock 19 is a fantastic weapon and you cannot go wrong with it. The only thing you will need to add are night sights unless it is coming with them. I also suggest a longer slide lock bar. You can get them 1mm longer than stock and make it so much easier to take it apart. Especially if you have fat or just big fingers.
THIS
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #726
D Day Dog

Quote:
Awww, that was a repro in that pic? :(
Those are worth a lot of money if they're the real deal! The AK47's daddy.

Indeed they are. Still, these repro MP44s ones from PTR last sold for $6,000 on GB and all 200 or so rifles brought into the country from German sold out with no plans to bring in any more of them in. So in the US, they are probably more rare than the original MP44s.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #727
D Day Dog

Quote:
I really like my K98 sniper - even though it is a Mitchell.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #728
92rscamaro

Drives: red 92 rs.
Quote:

oh ok. i still got about 6 months but i wanna be able to get it the day i turn 21 so im trying to do my homework ahead of time. Iv been back and forth between the glock 19 and the beretta px4 storm.
92rscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun