Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #1

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
2013 2LT Camaro Car Cover Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a car cover brand and where you got it, looking for a basic cover too keep the dust etc off the Camaro while in the garage with some scratch protection.

Doesn't need to be a 100% total waterproof per they can be heavy / cumbersome to put on.

Thanks in advance...
3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
I bought a cover from Sam's Club for $50 shipped and just got it today and haven't even unpacked it. It imply's it is for outside or inside although I will only use it for inside the garage. The outside of the box says make sure car is dry before applying cover, duh!. It appears to have many holes in the semi-plastic fabric for breath-ability. Also it says it is not guaranteed to keep moisture off the car if parked outside. Again I purchased it to keep the dust of of it in the garage and it does come with a carrying case also. Also it has a zippered drivers door access when the cover is installed. Send me a PM in a few weeks and I will let you know how I like it. It does have elastic it appears around the bottom for a good fit. I bought the mid size. It also comes with a rope to tie to several grommets from the left to right front and rear (it appears) to tie it down in a windy condition outside. Again I don't think I would want to use it outside although it may be fine. The price is unbeatable @ $50 shipped, I figured it was worth the money to give it a try.
Item #: 508923 SamsClub.com
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
I bought a cover from Sam's Club for $50 shipped and just got it today and haven't even unpacked it. It imply's it is for outside or inside although I will only use it for inside the garage. The outside of the box says make sure car is dry before applying cover, duh!. It appears to have many holes in the semi-plastic fabric for breath-ability. Also it says it is not guaranteed to keep moisture off the car if parked outside. Again I purchased it to keep the dust of of it in the garage and it does come with a carrying case also. Also it has a zippered drivers door access when the cover is installed. Send me a PM in a few weeks and I will let you know how I like it. It does have elastic it appears around the bottom for a good fit. I bought the mid size. It also comes with a rope to tie to several grommets from the left to right front and rear (it appears) to tie it down in a windy condition outside. Again I don't think I would want to use it outside although it may be fine. The price is unbeatable @ $50 shipped, I figured it was worth the money to give it a try.
Item #: 508923 SamsClub.com
Thanks Ozzy I was kind of looking for a cover that has mirrior pockets with a little better fit, but it still might work - If you get a chance in the next couple of days to put it on i would like to see some pix. I also checked out Costco and they have Coverking XtremeWeave Custom Fit Car Cover but it doesnt list a price.:bangdesk:

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
I got mine at Chevy Mall, I got a discount and free shipping.
Very nice indoor cover. Not sure of the current price or avalibility.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
josephs8

Drives: 2011 Yellow 2LT RS Camaro
I bought a covercraft dustop, IMO best cover ever. When I took it out last year there was no dust on my car but I could clearly see dust on the car next to mine.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...9C16873TS.html
josephs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #6

Got this cover today from EBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/150903494500...84.m1497.l2649

for $36.99 with free shipping comes with a storage bag, fits great has mirror pockets etc.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephs8 View Post
I bought a covercraft dustop, IMO best cover ever. When I took it out last year there was no dust on my car but I could clearly see dust on the car next to mine.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...9C16873TS.html
I have had 6 Covercrafts, all bought directly from them. Great cover, perfect fit and a descent price. Great people
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Got Convertible

Drives: 14 RedLRockMetallic ConvertV6 2ltRS
Any new suggestions for Car Covers almost 3 years later ? Thanks !
Got Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #9
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Convertible View Post
Any new suggestions for Car Covers almost 3 years later ? Thanks !
Search through the first 3 pages of this forum, I'm sure you can find a half-dozen threads about this.