Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Ericinaz

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Radio Update fixed a lot of issues

I got my 2014 Rally yellow RS about two months ago. Since I got it I had random issues with the radio head unit. Random reboots and nav would pop up on its own. I was most annoyed by the Bluetooth. I have a Moto X android 4.4 and it would skip like mad 30% of the time and Pandora was really touchy. I took it in the other day for its 1st oil change and asked for them to see if there was a fireware update. Well, there was but after an hour downloading it was only at 8%. I brought it back yesterday and after an hour of installing the update took. There is no visual difference but the rebooting, nav popping up and skipping are all gone. I would recommend you have yours updated the next time it's in.
Attached Images

Ericinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Did you have A/C controls problems also?
Old 05-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Sorry that happened to you buddy! When I got my 2013 Camaro all that worked was my AM/FM radio portion and everything else you mentioned in your posting was dead. Since it was brand new it was still under warranty and the dealership had it for almost a week and a half trying to figure out why it didn't work. Finally they said they had to contact GM and get permission to replace the entire dash unit. After replacing the entire unit they uploaded all the necessary up dates and since then it began to operate fine. Moral of my story......It might just be the radio itself. In your case just have the dealership handle it for you. After all you paid for it. I did and got nothing for it.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Ericinaz

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Angel View Post
Did you have A/C controls problems also?
No, thankfully I never had a/c control issues.
Ericinaz is offline   Reply With Quote