Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
summitwhitess

Drives: 2012 summit white LS
How hard is it to install SS brimbo calipers on V6 help

Was wondering if I had the calipers , pads , rotors , and lines . What else would I need and would it work ?
summitwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
strych9
Gone Euro!

Drives: 6spd Manual Mercedes, Daytona 955i
You won't likely be able to find any parts for Brimbo brakes, but Brembo brakes should be no problem.

You may need different steering knuckles as well. Check to see if they are the same. Otherwise, your parts list looks correct.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
The only thing that is different is the dust shield, but you can easily trim those down
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Why not look in the Do It Yourself section. Not trying to be smart but guys have taken the time to write detailed DIY Threads. Instead of getting Bit By Bit on this thread.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I would replace the caliper bolts at the same time. The rear dust shields will have to either be trimmed or replaced. I'm replacing my dust shield since I'm upgrading to 1LE hubs/axle/diff at the same time. Since I will have the rear knuckle taken apart, might as well replace the dust shield.

You can keep your master cylinder, but it may make the brakes a little more touchier.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I would also swap out the V6 Master Cylinder for a V8 Master Cylinder as the V8 one gives more pressure and is recommended by GM Performance Parts. At least that is what most of us did when we did the Brembo swap. I trimmed my rear backing plates.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I would replace the caliper bolts at the same time. The rear dust shields will have to either be trimmed or replaced. I'm replacing my dust shield since I'm upgrading to 1LE hubs/axle/diff at the same time. Since I will have the rear knuckle taken apart, might as well replace the dust shield.

You can keep your master cylinder, but it may make the brakes a little more touchier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I would also swap out the V6 Master Cylinder for a V8 Master Cylinder as the V8 one gives more pressure and is recommended by GM Performance Parts. At least that is what most of us did when we did the Brembo swap. I trimmed my rear backing plates.
Yeah I forgot about that piece. I myself didn't replace the master cylinder, just a stiffer brake pedal feel. No problems running it though