Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
mwhitnee

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS convertible
Camaro top retrofit procedure

Here is the retrofit procedure for anyone interested. I just got my vert back and it looks good, we will see if it stands the test of time. Car seems quieter when on the highway and the top is definitely tighter when down.

It was a battle to get this done and am working n a 2 year parts/labor warranty for it. Wish me luck!!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro top retrofit.pdf (3.57 MB, 517 views)
mwhitnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Just to be clear, did they give you the "new design" mechanism parts as well?
Old 09-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
mwhitnee

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS convertible
It was a situation where if they saw something that was worn/damaged they would replace it. They would not agree to replacing bows/other pieces that were not listed/supplied in the retrofit procedure unless they saw visible damage.

Looking at the earlier design and the later design and replacing all the pieces Chevy changed is perfect logic. They just wouldn't agree to that and they were getting pissy at me already.

I got my two year warranty in writing through speaking with the Chevy representatives at Camaro 5. I figured this should be good enough to cover me if I see something go wrong.

Hard to argue to replace parts that I can't prove are damaged or worn. Let's hope my top is fine. It seems like many people are coming out happy with their retrofits so I'm optimistic...
mwhitnee is offline   Reply With Quote