Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #155
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Hey what thread was that picture of the modded crash bar in where the backside angled up to improve airflow? I cannot remember wich thread it was in. And yes, I have the tweener pulley.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #156
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Page 7

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=225481&page=7
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #157
SIXJAK

Yep just found it in your thread, V6. Man your thread is a treasure trove of awesomeness? Waiting to hear back from my installer on what the game plan is.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #158
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Tweener right now seems the best option for the fuel issue.
Very interested to see how this plays out!

SIX are you going to get your car dynoed??
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #159
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Very interested to see how this plays out!

SIX are you going to get your car dynoed??
I would like to but I live in Branson, MO. Not exactly a tuner Mecca LOL. Another Camaro5 member and I located a dyno shop in Republic and were going to go up last fall and dyno our cars. They're kinda pricey (just cuz cuz they can be-thank you small town living). That's basically my option. Im not going to promise anything but I am certainly going to try. I have no baseline dyno numbers to measure what I'm about to gain. I'm sure I was somewhere in the 265-285rwhp range. I'm pretty maxed out as far as bolt ons go. My car walks away from my bros' stock V6's.

Here's where we were around noon today. His shop is 25 mins away and my honeydo list was calling loudly so had to leave. Installer had to leave too for a few hrs to go help his dad.

Completely off topic but hey it's my thread lol
Finally got a chance to ride my brothers Kawasaki 300LX Jet Ski yesterday evening. It's 300HP of supercharged insanity. It gets up off the water and to its governed 70MPH top speed in what seems like about 5 seconds. Your face flaps very violently in the wind. Think Hyabusa on the water. One of the most insane things I've ever piloted.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #160
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Finally got a chance to ride my brothers Kawasaki 300LX Jet Ski yesterday evening. It's 300HP of supercharged insanity. It gets up off the water and to its governed 70MPH top speed in what seems like about 5 seconds. Your face flaps very violently in the wind. Think Hyabusa on the water. One of the most insane things I've ever piloted.
That is insane and totally awesome! You are braver than most. Must have been such a rush. Congrats!

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #161
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Very nice my buddy has been building a race ski for the past four years now. Just finishing up the tuning and it will be g2g. I bet it's going to be a beast.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #162
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Very nice my buddy has been building a race ski for the past four years now. Just finishing up the tuning and it will be g2g. I bet it's going to be a beast.
I bet it wil but I'm not hip to g2g. What mean? My installer who also builds ski's-huge SEA•DOO guy-told me that my bro's blown Kawasaki sans all of its nannies would top 100. I guess by law nobody can sell a personal water craft that exceeds 70mph? This is what I'm hearing. Trust me, 70MPH on water on a ski is nuts. These guys that race them at speeds much higher than that have very large testicles.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #163
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
I bet it wil but I'm not hip to g2g. What mean? My installer who also builds ski's-huge SEA•DOO guy-told me that my bro's blown Kawasaki sans all of its nannies would top 100. I guess by law nobody can sell a personal water craft that exceeds 70mph? This is what I'm hearing. Trust me, 70MPH on water on a ski is nuts. These guys that race them at speeds much higher than that have very large testicles.
Oh I know what you mean, I was out on my boat in the Bay before the Gulf of Mexico, and I topped the boat out at around 60, and my buddy was on the ski keeping up and even starting to pull away.. F that, at that speed that water is like concrete!

A small water craft cannot go over 70, like a jet ski however I think my buddy is tuning around that...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #164
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Sixjax like the pics your build looks awsome as Tracy would say
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #165
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
^ yes they are! and guys with the ski's just think of it as a motorcycle on water, I have been on some of the race speck ones that do 75-80 chit I raced a Ferrari I was in the intercostal he was on US1, we made eye contact and went! I pulled him till I topped out.
Yes if you crash it, the water is like stone, but its the same on a motorcycle!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #166
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
looks like you're almost done with the install!!
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
Old 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #167
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
looks like you're almost done with the install!!
LOL. ^^^^

Well yes and no. Waiting on the correct clamps...you know how that goes. Installer still has to fabricate crash bar air inlets and measure cuts on the the stock under air scoop for the radiator. He's insistent on retaining it. Can't measure out the cuts until we can connect the IC, cannot connect the IC until we have the band clamps. We have the cheapies from NAPA for now to get the measurements. Loading the tune in today. Hopefully we can fire it up sometime today.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #168
SIXJAK

417 Performance in Springfield came through with correct clamps so I guess I'll have some extra in hand-not a bad thing. Just loaded tune. Waiting for Driving Miss Daisy to finish up with some errands with his mom and hopefully he can get all the plumbing finished up and get this thing fired up tonight.

Closed Thread

Tags
lol