Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Talking BMR Launches New Product - 2010+ Camaro Delrin Rear Cradle Bushings (BK027)

BMR Suspension
Delrin Rear Cradle Bushing Kit for 5th Gen Camaro (Race Version)

Eliminate rear cradle movement in your 2010-2011 Camaro with a Delrin Rear Cradle Bushing Kit from BMR Suspension. These bushings are CNC-machined from Delrin which is known for its high stiffness, low friction and excellent dimensional stability. This product removes all movement between the rear cradle and chassis, eliminating the bushing deflection that occurs during acceleration, cornering, and braking. The BMR Delrin Rear Cradle Bushing Kit (BK027) greatly increases the rigidity and stability of the chassis to provide maximum control and consistency necessary for any form of competition or high performance street driving.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email sales@bmrsuspension.com, or contact them at BMR Suspension, 12581 US Highway 301 North, Thonotosassa, FL 33592, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Last edited by BMR guy; 09-01-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I bet will make it ride a bit stiff and any word on adjustable LCAs????????
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
What is the expected service life of these, I know delrin wears over time. Also, what type (grade) of delrin is used?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Diet Coke, this was asked in a previous thread. The answer was that the bushing is locked down and will not see any wear.

Olblue75, This bushing will not stiffen up the ride, they simply lock down movement of the rear subframe. Movement that shouldnt be there in the 1st place. Other members running an aluminum bushing have reported little to no increase in road noise so I would assume that this will absorb a small amount more of the vibrations xfered to the subframe than the aluminum.

These look to be priced competitively with the other solid bushings out there. These will probably be what goes in my car.

+1 on the Adjustable LCAs, or the version with extra clearance around the shock mount

Brad
Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
BMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
I bet will make it ride a bit stiff and any word on adjustable LCAs????????
The adjustable LCA's start production late next week so I would probably expect them by mid-August sometime.

Contrary to popular belief mounting the cradle solidly to the chassis does not make the ride stiffer. I have owned a few C5 and C6 Corvettes and from the factory they come with the rear suspension cradles mounted solidly to the body. This has always been typical of the late Corvette platform. In the Zeta Camaro every suspension link, the differential, and the cradle are all mounted in bushings so even when you mount the cradle solidly all of the driveline and suspension is still isolated from the body via bushings.

They will increase NVH slightly but during our testing we were pleasantly surprised just how minimal the noise transmission actually was.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
The adjustable LCA's start production late next week so I would probably expect them by mid-August sometime.

Contrary to popular belief mounting the cradle solidly to the chassis does not make the ride stiffer. I have owned a few C5 and C6 Corvettes and from the factory they come with the rear suspension cradles mounted solidly to the body. This has always been typical of the late Corvette platform. In the Zeta Camaro every suspension link, the differential, and the cradle are all mounted in bushings so even when you mount the cradle solidly all of the driveline and suspension is still isolated from the body via bushings.

They will increase NVH slightly but during our testing we were pleasantly surprised just how minimal the noise transmission actually was.
Baller! LOL

This is what I love about BMR! Always coming out with great products at a BETTER price!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
BMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
What is the expected service life of these, I know delrin wears over time. Also, what type (grade) of delrin is used?
We don't expect these to ever wear out in this application. Once they are locked down there is no movement and no potential for wear. Actually, even in high wear bushing applications that see lots of rotation cycles, we have found that Delrin performs better and lasts longer than any other non-metallic bushing. In this application, Delrin is simply overkill since all it must do is fill a void and prevent movement.

For this application we use Delrin 150.

Natural (White) - Delrin® 150 Bar

Acetal provides high strength and stiffness coupled with enhanced dimensional stability and ease of machining. As a semi-crystalline material, Acetal is also characterized by a low coefficient of friction and good wear properties, especially in wet environments.
Because Acetal absorbs minimal amounts of moisture, its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments. Low moisture absorption results in excellent dimensional stability for close-tolerance machine parts. In high moisture or submerged applications, Acetal bearings outperform Nylon 4 to 1.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
BMR guy

Just thought I would post a few pics of the Delrin Cradle Bushings installed...

Last edited by BMR guy; 09-01-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
I just got my Delrin Cradle Bushings today from BMR. All I'm gonna say is, if you are bitching about the price, don't lol. I never paid much attention to how big these bushings are on the car and pictures do not do them justice. The package weighs 13 lbs and that is mostly delrin! Very nice lookin bushings!

They look like they were made from Dinosaur Bones!
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Holy crap that is huge!!!!
Nice
Cheers
K
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
BMR guy

Yeah, you almost need something recognizable placed next to them to get the proper perspective of their size. Thanks for posting that pic, mine just didn't do them justice with no reference.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Great product guy! We'll be adding these to our site shortly!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #13
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Is this what it eliminates?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Synner

Drives: cars
Yes.

Closed Thread