Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #99
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Kill it....problem solved
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #100
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Unfortunately I think some of you might be serious but I think the majority are just talking and making fun. I have the same Fn problem here on he beach. there are so many Fn stray cats and something needs to be done about it as it is getting worse and worse every month. there are some buildings that you can smell a block away from the smell of all the cats living around them. We some of these "cat" people that continue to always walk around every morning and put food out for them and it makes my blood boil. I get in arguments all he time when I catch them on my property. I cant stop them from doing it anywhere else but not at my place. They have ripped my custom motorcycle seat twice already and now i have found them on my car. I would never hurt one but it does get frustrating. More with the people always feeding!~

neuf cruz
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #101
SS_Matt
permagrin

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
"CAT" it's whats for dinner.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #102
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
I remember one time I hopped into my friends truck and when he started it we heard the most god awful scream. We got out and opened up the hood. I guess a cat got up under the hood to stay warm. It got caught in the belts when we started the truck, what a mess under his hood.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #103
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post
I remember one time I hopped into my friends truck and when he started it we heard the most god awful scream. We got out and opened up the hood. I guess a cat got up under the hood to stay warm. It got caught in the belts when we started the truck, what a mess under his hood.

But still
Hahahaha
Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #104
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Two words: Porter Cable to fix the paint, followed by another one word: repellant to prevent the problem.

DON'T get a car cover ... you think the CAT will damage your paint? There's a certain BTO song I could quote here right now.

I've seen that vid of the cat getting its head chopped off and I'm thankful it's not real. Everyone saying it's just a cat - well, it's JUST A CAR. The car isn't alive, it doesn't have a heartbeat.

Every once in awhile, I'll wake up to see paw prints on my hood and trunk, but that's all I see. There's no reason the cat will scratch the paint unless it's startled. It's a little annoying, granted, but it's nothing Quick Detailer won't fix.

There's humane ways of handling this other than "killing it", which I'm sure 99.9 percent of the guys on here saying that don't seriously mean, anyway. They're just joking around.

In all seriousness, setting up a trap and then impounding it would be the best way to handle it, or buy a cat repellent of some sort. Especially that one that makes a loud sound that sends them bolting.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #105
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Seriously, people? "Shoot the cat." That is the best answer you can all come up with? How about BUY A CAR COVER. The cat is not doing anything to intentionally damage your car, unlike all the vandalism stories I've read on here. Look, I'm not a PETA member, and I'm not a gun control nut, but if you would shoot a cat for sitting on your car, you need to seek professional help. Seriously. I'm not trying to be funny. I'm anal about taking care of and protecting my car, too. I wash and detail her every weekend. When I'm not driving her, she stays in the garage. Because if I parked her outside, she would be subject to weather, debris, vandalism, birds, squirrels, racoons, cats, and other animals. To you, its an amazing car. To them, it's just a big something they don't understand. Park it inside, or buy a car cover. It is your job to take care of your car.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #106
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
Animals go missing all the time. When someone once ask what Camaro stood for the answer was a vicious aninmal that eats Mustangs, I think your Camaro should add cat to its menu as well.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #107
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Ok! Lets spared the cats. So lets go after the cat owners than…
Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #108
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
It's not the cat who is at fault here it's the owner who is not taking care of their responsibility, so yes you should have a conversation with the owner or better yet adopt the cat. At the end of the day those little fuzzy f*ckers grow on you.

Most importantly do NOT use antifreeze to poison an animal. I have been at the vet's office when two large dogs were brought in due to a neighbor doing this crap. It was ten minutes of the most ugly painful death I had ever watched in an animal.

I hope your issue gets worked out satisfactorily.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #109
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Perhaps a radio control helicopter, and buzz the cat whenever he starts coming near your Camaro? Making your Camaro unpleasant to the cat is the way to get him to go elsewhere. Did you get the scat mat?

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #110
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Kill the cat or put the damn car in the garage!! Do what you gotta do to get it in the garage because thats BS. I would go nuts if a damn cat kept going on my car.
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #111
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozzbow View Post
Ok! Lets spared the cats. So lets go after the cat owners than…
YES! When my dog gets out and ends up in the neighbors trash, I clean it up and apologize. The cat needs to be brought inside and owners should pay for any repairs needed, and maybe a detail job as a "sorry bro".
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #112
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
Don't kill the cat.!! Just tie a tight enough noose around its neck and dangle it from your extended hand in front of the offending neighbor.

Then put it down and beat the f@#* out the neighbor using the cat as a bat!!!

There you go! Fixed both problems and the neighborhood would be extremely happy and thankful to you too.

Why garage the car? Who made cats boss anyway?
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote