Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
As some of you might know my baby ( my 2011 camaro ) was hit and totaled about 2 years ago, and I was to impatient to wait on an SS, and I made the decision on a 2007 dodge charger SRT8. Needless to say I'm not to happy with my decision, within 4 months I had to get a new transmission, and within a couple months I found out the car was in an accident and the first owner never reported it on the carfax! The car does have problems but nothing major, seeing all of these camaros recently I feel the urge again to get another camaro I miss my car extremely! I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 camaro SS just like my old one and it had an edelbrock supercharger ( 645 horses!!!! ) but it couldn't happen.

I'm starting college in September at UTI to become a certified BMW mechanic and I need some help making a decision, I know I want another and I'm determined to get one I just have one problem should I be a little more patient and find an SS? Or should I just pull the trigger ASAP and get a pretty sweet v6 again? I need help brothers and sisters

Edit: my old camaro was an RS/LT v6 I test drive the supercharged SS and WOW! My srt8 is a monster in my opinion and I'm not sure if the v6 with satisfy my needs but I know at my school ill be able to do loads of stuff to it
The saying "good things come to those who wait" really does apply in your situation. Just be patient and look for the right SS to come around.

Good Luck.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366

If you can't get a ZL1 fast enough then get an SS you can get them anywhere your dealer should be able to find you one and have it delivered to your area pretty quick!

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Mrpaintballordie, Nightmare2012 couldn't say it better about your decision. He was gunna go to school as well, but didn't have the financial resources! "FINANCIAL RESOURCES!" College $ + V6 = . College $ + SS = , than
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Be patient save and find an SS that you like. From what you are saying you won't be happy in a V6.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
I heard UTI was a joke. According to my friends that went there :/
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
nshuff

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
As some of you might know my baby ( my 2011 camaro ) was hit and totaled about 2 years ago, and I was to impatient to wait on an SS, and I made the decision on a 2007 dodge charger SRT8. Needless to say I'm not to happy with my decision, within 4 months I had to get a new transmission, and within a couple months I found out the car was in an accident and the first owner never reported it on the carfax! The car does have problems but nothing major, seeing all of these camaros recently I feel the urge again to get another camaro I miss my car extremely! I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 camaro SS just like my old one and it had an edelbrock supercharger ( 645 horses!!!! ) but it couldn't happen.

I'm starting college in September at UTI to become a certified BMW mechanic and I need some help making a decision, I know I want another and I'm determined to get one I just have one problem should I be a little more patient and find an SS? Or should I just pull the trigger ASAP and get a pretty sweet v6 again? I need help brothers and sisters

Edit: my old camaro was an RS/LT v6 I test drive the supercharged SS and WOW! My srt8 is a monster in my opinion and I'm not sure if the v6 with satisfy my needs but I know at my school ill be able to do loads of stuff to it
For the record, Carfax gets records from states, insurance companies, dealers, etc. They do not get accident records from the previous owners. I've seen cars that were almost totaled, that had perfect vehicle history reports. Don't buy into the carfax bull shit.
nshuff is offline   Reply With Quote