Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Jenifers bee

Drives: 87 Fiero gt,01 sban, 2010 RY2SS
Changing color of the abl around gauges.

Has anyone been able to change the leds in the gauges? I started to pull it apart but stopped when I had to take the needles off. I already changed the color in the doors and added to dash.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
No that has not been done. When you take it apart some more you will see that it is a bunch of tiny LEDs that are soldered to the circuit board. If you search you will see that someone on here tried it but gave up.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
dont do it

i did that on my cbr 1000rr gauge cluster. and it looks great. wouldnt recommend it at all. takes alot of skill. soldering on the circuit board wrong can mess it up and you dont want to fry your cluster. and IF you do do it sucessfully and it messes up 3 months later due to a "warrantable" mishap. GM wont cover it either because they know you have been in it. WOULDNT RECOMMENT it and good luck trying to find out what type of lights they use on that motherboard. the ones i found for my bike for like $0.10 a light. but it took me 4 months to find out the type of lights let alone find somebody that sells them.

my advise is wait till your warranty is up on the electronics lol or find somebody who wrecked there car and you just buy a used cluster off of them.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abl, gauges, led