Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Eibach adjustable sway bar question

I am looking at the Eibach 38144.320 Anti-Roll-Kit Front and Rear Sway Bar http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=38144.320/3269.0
  • Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit, Incl. Front Tubular Adjustable Bar 29 mm/Rear Tubular Adjustable Bar 29 mm, Bushings
  • Further Reduce Body Roll
  • Million Mile Warranty
  • Performance Tuned Handling
  • Position: Front and Rear
It looks that the adjustable holes are vertical instead of horizontal. Other manufactures have them horizontal. How does this really affect the adjustability if at all? Does anyone have them on their car? How easy/ hard was the installation. Any info anyone can help with would be appreciated.
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGA2D View Post
It looks that the adjustable holes are vertical instead of horizontal. Other manufactures have them horizontal. How does this really affect the adjustability if at all? Does anyone have them on their car? How easy/ hard was the installation. Any info anyone can help with would be appreciated.
The front bar adjustment is worthless. Have no idea why they did that but it's been mentioned several times before.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Bump....to see if anyone suspension Mfg's have any instight on this.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
chrisp@lsrperformance.com

Drives: 2010 yellow ss
The adjustments on the Eibach are also horizontal. The bars also have stamped ends. LSR bars have billet ends that are welded on NOT coined,which prevents unnecessary stress.They are made out of 4130 high strength chrome moly tubing and tig welded for maximum strength.The front bar is adjustable from 159%, 212% and 285% stiffer then stock. While the rear bar is adjustable from 204%, 364% and 495% stiffer then stock.
I will PM you a link for some additionial information.

Chris@lsrperformance.com
lsrperformance.com
229-245-9045

Last edited by chrisp@lsrperformance.com; 06-09-2011 at 07:42 AM.
chrisp@lsrperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
As mentioned above, the vertical holes do nothing for rate change as they do not change the leverage of the bar. The holes need to be horizontal to change the length of the lever arms. The shorter the lever arms, the higher the rate is...
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp@lsrperformance.com View Post
The adjustments on the Eibach are also horizontal.
Not from what I've seen and heard. Take a look at the pic. The front bar has veritcal adjustment wholes.

I've got a set of sway bars on the way so I'm good. Just wanted to get more feed back on the Eibach because I had some people suggest them when I was researching which bars to get. Never had a good gut feeling about Eibach's sway bars anyway but after hearing about the vertical adjustment not doing anything and then realizing all other sway bars for the Camaro are made with horizontal adjustments I decided to go with a different brand.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp@lsrperformance.com View Post
The bars also have stamped ends. LSR bar have coined ends and are made out of 4130 high strength chrome moly tubing and tig welded for maximum strength.
BTW....for mine and others knowledge, what is a coined end and why is it better than stamped? Just curious because I've seen this statement made before.

I'm assuming stammped means that after the bar is made they press the ends (stamp them) together and then drill a whole? I also assume by coined it means they are pre-made ends that are welded on to the end of the tube?
Build Journal
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Looking at this photo this probably isn't a Camaro specific bar, but rather stock photography, so take that photo for what it's worth. If you head to the Eibach website that specific photo is actually what is used for multiple vehicles.

Our bars are designed to get maximum rate change with minimum effort, and are also designed with horizontal adjustment. Welded in fabricated sway bar ends are superior from a durability standpoint, and are used in our design rather than stamped material that is then drilled.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
As can be seen by the following video, Eibach sway bars have vertical holes on the front sway bar.

http://www.streetfire.net/product/20...-bars_5785.htm

There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to this as it does nothing but pivot the sway bar to a different position along it's rotation. A properly engineered adjustable front bar for the Zeta platform will have horizontal holes that change the length of the lever arm. BMR front sway bars have 3 holes allowing rate adjustment from 818 lbs/in up to 1298 lbs/in depending on which hole is used. See image below.

BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
2quick

Drives: none
coined ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
BTW....for mine and others knowledge, what is a coined end and why is it better than stamped? Just curious because I've seen this statement made before.

I'm assuming stammped means that after the bar is made they press the ends (stamp them) together and then drill a whole? I also assume by coined it means they are pre-made ends that are welded on to the end of the tube?
A quick and simple review of coined end and stamped ends. Coined and stamped are close to the same thing. The two that are different are coined / stamped and billet ends. The billet ends are cnc machined then ,welded to the bar. This is the stronger of the two methods that are being asked about. The LSR bars actually have the cnc machined ends.

When you stamp you heat up the end to basically form the material. This changes the grain structure of the material in a less favorable way than cutting a material.

When you cut material it helps keep the metallurgy ( grain ) of the metal in a better predictable manner. Using finite analysis software you can see the week points of each.

I hope this helps.

BTW thanks for your purchase of the LSR bars.

To the op I can get you a better price on the bars your looking for if you don't go with another brand that is. If you want LSR bars i'll pass over the Camaro 5 discount.

A few things you want to consider is how well are the bars going to balance your car. The type of material so it can be as light as possible. Also consider the percentages over the stock bars. Adjustably is great to get the feel more suited to YOUR driving style.

Pm me if you have any questions or if there is anything i can help you out with.
Aldo@lsrperformance.com

Last edited by 2quick; 06-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
BTW thanks for your purchase of the LSR bars.

Bars are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Making plans to work on them this weekend along with installing the cradle inserts.

Thanks for the pkg deal!

My mod fund thanks you as well...
Build Journal
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #12
2quick

Drives: none
Always trying to help the mod fund. Glad your happy.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote