Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #99
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm4192 View Post
Thanks everybody for all of your kind words. I never expected this kind of a response..I was just overjoyed to find out my car is in good hands and that Scott's signature didn't get wiped away by somr unknowing dealer. I think from reading the responses in this thread I can say that Camaro5 really is like an extended family. I've heard other people say that but never believed it too much until now.
While it did hurt to lose my car and all the time and money I put into it I now have an 02 Z28 (see my signature). It might not be a 5th gen but it is a Camaro.
Also I'd like to thank Scott Settlemire for all the great things he does for us Camaro enthusiasts. One of those things being signing our cars at shows because if he hadn't done that for me I never would have found my car again.
On the flipside, you have yourself a Camaro...and one of the greatest Camaros out there RIGHT NOW. Dude...that 02Z28 you have??? I HAD THE SAME YEAR and color. BEAUTIFUL! I had mine with the T-tops and Hurst...and think that was about it. I loved every minute of it. I put on an SLP air lid and loudmouth exhaust. I got so many compliments on it. Take care of her and keep her pristine....those are GREAT cars@!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Very bittersweet story. Congrats to dsirmans! And to dtm4192: we all hope you find your way into 5th gen ownership again some time soon!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #100
Trey42590

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Very touching story!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #101
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
On the flipside, you have yourself a Camaro...and one of the greatest Camaros out there RIGHT NOW. Dude...that 02Z28 you have??? I HAD THE SAME YEAR and color. BEAUTIFUL! I had mine with the T-tops and Hurst...and think that was about it. I loved every minute of it. I put on an SLP air lid and loudmouth exhaust. I got so many compliments on it. Take care of her and keep her pristine....those are GREAT cars@!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I think I remeber seeing some pictures of your's in the 4th Gen section before and it was beautiful. I just put on a Volant cold air intake on it and it already had the SLP Loudmouth with quad tips when I bought it.

Some better pics of my 4th gen
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #102
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Very Cool story! I still smile every time I open the hood of Pumpkin.

Attached Images

Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #103
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Did the dealer tell you about the DEER LOL
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #104
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Al Oppenheiser, Camaro Chief Engineer
Peter Kosak, Vehicle Line Director
John Fitzpatrick, Chevy Performance Cars Marketing Manager
Cheryl Pilcher, Camaro Product Manager
Jim Stanick, Vehicle Development Engineer
John Cox, Camaro and Corvette Accessories Manager
Adam Denison, Chevrolet Communications

* Scott Settlemire, the Fbodfather, will join us at the event.

I must be one of the lucky one's. I've had these great people sign my car.
An everytime someone asks," Whats with the Signed car", I just say it was Big Dog's of GM.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #105
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
Awesome Story / connection..My car has an Fbodfather tattoo too! Scott S is AWESOME!!

1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #106
GhOsT-RiDeR 47

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS Camaro "Ghost"
LoL, I go to College in Hanover, IN at Hanover College! (Hanover, PA was mentioned in the letter.)
GhOsT-RiDeR 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #107
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
What an AWESOME story!!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #108
bdstealth

Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
What are the odds?Of him finding his car and the car getting a good owner.New owner then uses Camaro5 to find out details about the car(both owners), Love this story.When is the movie coming out?

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #109
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm4192 View Post
That's good to hear. My next mod to her was probably going to be window tint. For the signature (which was something else I was planning on doing) there is some clear vinyl that you can get. Just get some of that and cut to size and stick it over top of the signature. Like somebody else mentioned, don't clear coat it. I asked about that when she was in the body shop and they said it would cause the signature to smudge.

OK --------------this thread continues to get more and more interesting.........

SOMEWHERE -- I have a copy of the build docs for your 2002 -- you see, I decided that I was going to print off the last 100 or so........

Now - I'm headed for San Francisco (NADA convention) early this morning - and I'll be gone a week. When I get back - I'll go into my records in the basement - (they're next to Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Erhardt's flight helmet...)

.........and see if I can't find them.....and if I do - I'll need your mailing addy so that I can send you a copy.............

I just feel so bad that you lost your pride and joy - I very much remember talking with you and I could see the pride and enthusiasm you had for your new Camaro. You have a great 2002 - and I just hope that as you get older, you'll be able to get yourself a new Camaro every couple of years.

Not sure what would possess your father to do what he did - but I also know that there is a reason for everything............

Old 02-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #110
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Good show Scott.

Simply awesome.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #111
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK --------------this thread continues to get more and more interesting.........

SOMEWHERE -- I have a copy of the build docs for your 2002 -- you see, I decided that I was going to print off the last 100 or so........

Now - I'm headed for San Francisco (NADA convention) early this morning - and I'll be gone a week. When I get back - I'll go into my records in the basement - (they're next to Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Erhardt's flight helmet...)

.........and see if I can't find them.....and if I do - I'll need your mailing addy so that I can send you a copy.............

I just feel so bad that you lost your pride and joy - I very much remember talking with you and I could see the pride and enthusiasm you had for your new Camaro. You have a great 2002 - and I just hope that as you get older, you'll be able to get yourself a new Camaro every couple of years.

Not sure what would possess your father to do what he did - but I also know that there is a reason for everything............

Thank You again Scott! Check your PM's
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #112
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Great story, enjoy the car!