Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #43
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Two types of people buy hybrids/EVs

1. Idiots who think they're actually cost effective. They buy all the hype, but they ignore the math that shows they'll lose money both long and short run.

2. Buyers who know the costs but want to make a statement with the expensive, flashy, high-tech car they buy and drive.

The head of an exorbitantly priced luxury brand selling gussied up Volkswagens should know that second group better than most people. The commenter had the A3/GTI comparison dead-on.
umm you do realize the Camaro is #2 don't you - an expensive, flashy, high tech car we buy and drive
Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #44
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
The 40 mile range recharge is supposed to be a small fraction of what the gasoline would cost. Well under $1.00 for the recharge I read. So, if you like economy and want to buy this car to possibly save some money on fuel, then you need to do a trememdous amount of driving to make up for the higher cost of the car.

If you want to buy this car because you are trying to "save the planet", then you'd better buy a bicycle instead because all the coal that the electricity you charge the batteries from releases more evil CO2 into the air than the gas it replaces.

EXACTLY
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #45
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Two types of people buy hybrids/EVs

1. Idiots who think they're actually cost effective. They buy all the hype, but they ignore the math that shows they'll lose money both long and short run.

2. Buyers who know the costs but want to make a statement with the expensive, flashy, high-tech car they buy and drive.

The head of an exorbitantly priced luxury brand selling gussied up Volkswagens should know that second group better than most people. The commenter had the A3/GTI comparison dead-on.
Well said
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #46
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm sorry -- my mistake. I thought it came out in 2006.

Well, this car is nearly identical to the Cobalt in size...and as nice as the interior will be, it's still not quite as good as the Malibu -- so I'm not sure what you mean but that.

As for an SS...see below:

Well...this isn't an SS, but the Cruze already has some racing experience.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...ruze-wtcc.html

And I would be absolutely floored if GM didn't make a car to replace the Cobalt SS. It spanks the competition...why totally get rid of it.
lol it's alright and yea the malibu comment is eh it's just the whole ss is gone thing that is makin me made about this car and i know that there are cruze race cars (that i can't afford lol) they need something to compete with srt,focus rs, si civic ect. but that's just me
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote