Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #715
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
The SS four pots are quite good, however for 20 lap sessions run hard they are not as consistent as the six pots.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #716
Coolidge

Drives: Dodge 4x4 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
While I'd never in a million years pay it -- and frankly, thumb my nose at those who do...I can't blame the dealer. As business cases go - it's a good one...

Lose a few hundred dollars waiting just a little longer for that sucker who'll come by and pay an extra 10,000 for a car.
These people are your friend, some get there cars at dealer invoice because others pay $10k over MSRP, just a theory.
Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #717
BigV8LS3

Drives: 09 G8 GXP, 99 Silverado,10 Cobalt
I made a comment about no recaros, and all this talk about no mrc and no ZL1 brakes. I guess for a car less than $40k with the upgraded info system and the rest, you can't have it all. I just saw a Camaro SS A6 on the lot today with the RS package and ground kit for $43k. You can always upgrade the brakes, like us G8ers.
09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois maggie 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab, Corsa catback, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR, Pedders supercar coilovers. Show:CTS-V2 rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. Oracle yellow halos. HSV triple gauges.
BigV8LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #718
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
At this point I will probably Be ordering a 1le in the fall.
So you guys need to stop talking about a possible Z28. Just another reason for me to hold off another year.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #719
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Inside, the 1LE package incorporates the ZL1’s flat-bottom steering wheel, trimmed in sueded-microfiber and designed for easier heel-and-toe driving on the racetrack. The quick-acting, short-throw shifter from the ZL1 is also trimmed in sueded microfiber.
Is the sueded-microfiber going to be standard or optional like on the ZL1?

ZL1:

Quote:
  • Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
  • Optional suede microfiber interior package – steering wheel, shifter, shift boot
I like the exterior/performance changes to the car, but I am not sure I like any of the styling other than the black wheels.

Last edited by cbass; 04-03-2012 at 10:38 PM.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #720
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedCrank View Post
I too would like to know why the 1le didn't receive the ZL1 brakes? Or will they be an option?

I see Fbodfather, you are following this thread, care to comment on this?

we could throw "all kinds of stuff" on the car - but that also increases the price.

Remember - the 1LE still has Brembo Brakes - and I think people will be pleasantly surprised at the job Mark Dickens and company have put into the
1LE......

If you really want the ZL1 brakes, we do have a Chevrolet Performance Catalogue with all kinds of 'goodies' to select from.......

This is an affordable car that will shock many and be a pleasant surprise to our Camaro enthusiasts.......
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #721
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we could throw "all kinds of stuff" on the car - but that also increases the price.

Remember - the 1LE still has Brembo Brakes - and I think people will be pleasantly surprised at the job Mark Dickens and company have put into the
1LE......

If you really want the ZL1 brakes, we do have a Chevrolet Performance Catalogue with all kinds of 'goodies' to select from.......

This is an affordable car that will shock many and be a pleasant surprise to our Camaro enthusiasts.......

This is something I was thinking about today. Get either a 1SS/RS or 1LE/1SS/RS then from there mod the crap out of it even more.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #722
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Hey Fbodfather, what's the word on why they have two different wheel sizes but the same size tire front to rear? Glad they are making this car and looking forward to things to come.
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #723
cbass

Quote:
Hey Fbodfather, what's the word on why they have two different wheel sizes but the same size tire front to rear? Glad they are making this car and looking forward to things to come.
My guess is that's probably a typo since the car is suppose to have ZL1 Wheels, which has different tires sizes. At least that is my guess. Tires I'm not sure I want to know the price of.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #724
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i don't care for the black hood.
plus..um Boss mustangs had black hoods, right?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #725
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
My guess is that's probably a typo since the car is suppose to have ZL1 Wheels, which has different tires sizes. At least that is my guess. Tires I'm not sure I want to know the price of.
That would be interesting, considering how they worded it

"285/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires front and rear (identical to the front tires for ZL1)"

My guess is that the F/R wheels aren't interchangeable due to size, offset, etc. and that they're just re-using existing tech instead of creating one-offs and just using a square tire setup.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #726
cbass

Quote:
That would be interesting, considering how they worded it

"285/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires front and rear (identical to the front tires for ZL1)"

My guess is that the F/R wheels aren't interchangeable due to size, offset, etc. and that they're just re-using existing tech instead of creating one-offs and just using a square tire setup.
Good catch. Well that blows my theory out of the water. Please disregard my ramblings.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #727
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Good catch. Well that blows my theory out of the water. Please disregard my ramblings.
I wouldn't worry about it.... I'm not sure either..

BTW... You should stop by chicago5thgen.com if you haven't already.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #728
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

1LE......

Thanks for keeping it affordable! I can't wait to drive it! Will it be available at the start of 2013 production?
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?