Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Ethomas34

Drives: 2012 camaro ls
solo HFC stock exhaust

I was wondering how do you think the solo HFC would sound with the stock exhaust and if there would be a drone? if anyone knows or has a opinion. should i get the MRT v2 before i get the solo HFC?
Ethomas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
With the stock exhaust in place there is no reason there would be any drone. With the MRT v2 there will be some. You will need a resonated x-pipe to kill it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
No drone with the SOLO HFCs. I've had mine for about 6 months.

Here is my car done with a go-pro camera from a stop to ABOVE highway speeds.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Ethomas34

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
No drone with the SOLO HFCs. I've had mine for about 6 months.

Here is my car done with a go-pro camera from a stop to ABOVE highway speeds.
Sounds great, do you think the solo HFC are a good mod to start with or is there other mods I should consider first?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
etmx183

Your signature shows some mods are those already done to the car? If not start with a catch can, intake, exhaust, tune.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Ethomas34

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Your signature shows some mods are those already done to the car? If not start with a catch can, intake, exhaust, tune.
The intake is already done as well as the HID lights and emblems. The rest is things I want to do, I'm in the military and am deployed over seas so it all got put on pause.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
etmx183

First let me say THANK YOU for serving. I would go for the catch can next, it does not make you faster but it SAVES your engine from oil vapor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethomas34 View Post
The intake is already done as well as the HID lights and emblems. The rest is things I want to do, I'm in the military and am deployed over seas so it all got put on pause.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Now this is JMO but I would do the MRT V2's before I would do the HFC's. I have both and I really didn't feel any performance gains in the HFC's but love the sound of the V2's alone and the HFC's make it sound a little deeper and more aggressive at WOT. I really like the sound after I installed the HFC's but still kind of thinking it was a hard pill to swallow at the price of them. If it was for the group buy that was available when I purchased them I would not have bought them. I really don't know how much difference in sound it would make to just the stock mufflers by just putting on the HFC's alone. Feel free to click on my build link below there is a sound clip of both installed, it is not the best clip but it will give you an idea of what both sound like. The clips do not do the exhaust any justice at all as it sounds way way better in person.

Dean.

PS, Thank you very much for serving our country! I greatly appreciate it.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
Ethomas34

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Now this is JMO but I would do the MRT V2's before I would do the HFC's. I have both and I really didn't feel any performance gains in the HFC's but love the sound of the V2's alone and the HFC's make it sound a little deeper and more aggressive at WOT. I really like the sound after I installed the HFC's but still kind of thinking it was a hard pill to swallow at the price of them. If it was for the group buy that was available when I purchased them I would not have bought them. I really don't know how much difference in sound it would make to just the stock mufflers by just putting on the HFC's alone. Feel free to click on my build link below there is a sound clip of both installed, it is not the best clip but it will give you an idea of what both sound like. The clips do not do the exhaust any justice at all as it sounds way way better in person.

Dean.

PS, Thank you very much for serving our country! I greatly appreciate it.

Watched the video it has a nice sound to it. How much do you like vmax ported TB?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethomas34 View Post
Watched the video it has a nice sound to it. How much do you like vmax ported TB?
I like it. What I noticed was how much better the response is when you are cruising behind someone at around 50 MPH and kick it down to pass how fast it downshifts and gets hauling. Lot better response at around 2000 to 2500 RPM.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote