Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
rvd4now

Drives: fast, white- me
telegraph chrysler jeep.. should i be mad

OK as you guys my car is at the dealer for the oil leak and an wheel aliment.

well one reason i choose this dealership is because they said that they would keep my car in the inside of the shop when they close.

first let me say i drop my car off to them Thursday..

the issue stared Friday night, i drove by at 2am to see if it was out side or if in fact they had put it in side as they said they would. to my surprise it was out side on the back wall with out other cars around it... at this point i was angry, so angry i wanted to just pull out my spare key and hide the x fire..

OK so i go home and go to sleep, i wake up at 9am and call the service manager, and explain to him i was assured that they would put my car in the bay when they close. he says no one should of told you that, then he goes on to say we have 30 million dollars worth of cars out there we don't put them in side when we close. i go on to tell him i don't care about a charger or a challenger or any dodge they have on the lot. after a few words he says i will drive it in personally. i agree that would be best and we end the call.. "this was Saturday" now Sunday morning at 10am i drive by and what do i see.....

well you see the picture. my car out side after the manager told me it would be inside. so today is Monday i call the general manager and explain to him what was said. he says no one should of told u they would bring my crossfire in side, but because they did he would check in to it and ensure my car would be put in the shop if there not done with my car tonight.

so when i get off at 1am i will drive by to see if my car is out side.

my question is do i have the right to be upset at what has happen... also am i the only one who does not what there car left out side
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
If it is still outside, I would take my car home and tell them to go do things to themselves about the bill. They made a verbal contract by saying it would be parked inside, and obviously they breached that contract by not doing that. So when/if they call to tell you your car was stolen, I would politely tell them they lied to you three times, so you moved your car to a dealer you trusted and they would no longer get your business.

FYI yes I am prepared for the legal beagles to debate and correct me on how a contract works, I do not care.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
now you know what i have known for 55 years.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
rvd4now

i was really wanting to pull my spare key out and drive it home.. so bad, i just didnt want a vist from the local police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwinning View Post
If it is still outside, I would take my car home and tell them to go do things to themselves about the bill. They made a verbal contract by saying it would be parked inside, and obviously they breached that contract by not doing that. So when/if they call to tell you your car was stolen, I would politely tell them they lied to you three times, so you moved your car to a dealer you trusted and they would no longer get your business.

FYI yes I am prepared for the legal beagles to debate and correct me on how a contract works, I do not care.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
masterwinning

How can the police bother you for having something you own?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
rvd4now

Quote:
How can the police bother you for having something you own?

they called at 4pm to day and told me that my car was done, i was already at work so when i drive by at 1am less she if they left her out side
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
rvd4now

just wanted to give an update.

they did fix the oil leak and the alignment is great now.
i have called Chrysler and filed a complaint. The complaint dept manager called me back but i missed her call. Chrysler seems to want me to be happy so lets see how they fix this. when i filed my complaint they wanted to know what kind of comp i was looking for. i told them i was not looking for any comp, i just wanted to know when a dealer says they will do what a customer asked for, they do it. They seem to wanna give me something so i will she what there offering.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
masterwinning

Sounds like Chrysler is trying to make it right. The dealership may not of done the right thing but at least Chrysler is stepping up. If they mention they want to give you something or ask what you are looking for, I would just say a written apolgy for the dealer lieing to you and ask that the dealership receives a copy of it. That would get the dealership owners attention fast.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
rvd4now

Quote:
Sounds like Chrysler is trying to make it right. The dealership may not of done the right thing but at least Chrysler is stepping up. If they mention they want to give you something or ask what you are looking for, I would just say a written apolgy for the dealer lieing to you and ask that the dealership receives a copy of it. That would get the dealership owners attention fast.
that sounds like a great ideal.. when she call's tomorrow i will let her know
Old 04-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
rvd4now

got a call from chrysler today. to fix the problem they will give me a year worth of free oil changes. now seeing that i only put 6k miles on my car a year its truely not worth it, but i will take what i can.

I would of liked a written apology.

so i go in for my first oil change in 2 weeks wish me luck. It will be some were else . i would never go back to that dealer
Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
masterwinning

At least the realized the dealer f-ed up and offered the oil changes to make up for it. Hopefully the new dealer steps up and gives you good service.