Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Use plenty of lubrication between the bar and the bushing. None is required for the interface between the bushing and chassis, or bushing and bushing bracket. We supply an extremely tacky, high quality marine grade grease with all of our poly bushings that should provide a long squeak free service life. They may need to be periodically relubricated, it's something to keep an eye on every few oil changes.

Let us know if you have any more questions!
Thanks for the info. They weren't so noisy last year when they went on. But we installed some newer nuts and washers that you sent me and the snapping started. I'm not sure what torq they used, but they were put on with the tires hanging. I still have to get a dyno tune and some brake pads installed so we'll give it another shot at torquing those nuts and aligning the links. This time with the car weight on them.

Let us know when the new end links come out.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #16
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Review time!

This kit was fun to install had zero problems with installing it took my time and had a friend with me hanging out during the whole install. It took about 5hrs to get the whole kit installed including rear swaybar. Front swaybar pending arrival, I would highly recommend to everyone to not be scared to do drop springs or coilovers yourself because its not that hard and starting from the rear and then doing the front is an awsome idea. By the time you finish doing the rear you will feel even more confident and knock out the fronts with zero problems. Initial driving impression is exactly everything that everyone said about the car feeling lighter and more confident going into corners, I now know to be 100% true. I don't recommend people do drop springs or coilovers I'am telling people your CAMARO MUST HAVE coilovers or drop springs for the car, unless of course you bought this car for looks and nothing else. I still need to get it aligned before I really slam it around some hard turns. Havent heard any clanking or bad noises, but I feel the road alot, which I like because its like I can feel my car gripping the road as I'm driving around town. The ass end feels better when I floor the car now also, not like it did when I put the supercharger on which was way to soft for the power I was putting down. So like I said before this is a must have mod for our cars and I'm kicking myself for not doing this mod along time ago.

Last edited by madmaxx18; 07-25-2011 at 07:37 PM.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
madmaxx18

Heres before and after pics

Oh and the car definetly looks alot better lower!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
thats the perfect stance
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #19
madmaxx18

YUP!!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Looks Great. And like you said, these mods really improve the handling and feel of the car. Wait till you get it to a track. I ran mine at Mid Ohio last Sept. a couple of weeks after all my Pfadt installs. Ran the autocross and race track with total confidence. It was my first autoX and I had the lowest time of all the camaros there. Turns on a dime.

Get it out to a track fast.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Great looking car MadMaxx! I love hearing stories of everyone pushing their Pfadt equipped cars hard. Make sure you go out and have a blast with the new found handling as soon as possible!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #22
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Review time!

This kit was fun to install had zero problems with installing it took my time and had a friend with me hanging out during the whole install. It took about 5hrs to get the whole kit installed including rear swaybar. Front swaybar pending arrival, I would highly recommend to everyone to not be scared to do drop springs or coilovers yourself because its not that hard and starting from the rear and then doing the front is an awsome idea. By the time you finish doing the rear you will feel even more confident and knock out the fronts with zero problems. Initial driving impression is exactly everything that everyone said about the car feeling lighter and more confident going into corners, I now know to be 100% true. I don't recommend people do drop springs or coilovers I'am telling people your CAMARO MUST HAVE coilovers or drop springs for the car, unless of course you bought this car for looks and nothing else. I still need to get it aligned before I really slam it around some hard turns. Havent heard any clanking or bad noises, but I feel the road alot, which I like because its like I can feel my car gripping the road as I'm driving around town. The ass end feels better when I floor the car now also, not like it did when I put the supercharger on which was way to soft for the power I was putting down. So like I said before this is a must have mod for our cars and I'm kicking myself for not doing this mod along time ago.
great review, man...

you stated you do like "feeling" the road. If you don't mind, im new to the suspension game but can you elaborate a bit? Also any issues with scraping the bottom after the one inch drop? it is pretty flat here in FL so I don't think that will be an issue for me when I take the jump...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Quote:
Heres before and after pics

Oh and the car definetly looks alot better lower!

Very nice post! I love the blue color. Looks killer! I really like the stance. I am about to lower my car soon so this helped in my decision a lot!

Pictures much appreciatted. Just another reason I love this forum!

GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
madmaxx18

Having the suspension a little stiffer than stock makes the ride a little less comfortable than stock but in a good way because you can feel the road more through the suspension and I wanna say it helps make you more confident through corners because you can feel when the cars gonna break loose. Plus its a sports car not a caddy and anyone who complains needs to realize a real performance car wont feel like a caddy unless you got cash lol. Also my jeep is lifted but the suspension on it is tighter than stock so I could actually feel myself sliding around corners and am able to tell its not gonna roll over people call me crazey when they ride in the jeep they swear im gonna flip and I laugh cause I know the jeep and know it wont flip. Im just going off my own experience in my 2 cars so I don't know much but I do know they set the springs and sways up the way they did for good reason. I wanna say to tight or to soft a suspension is bad and comparing these to the stock ones especially with my supercharger is way better. The ass end felt way to soft with the stock suspension. It feels way better now you will feel the difference as soon as you do springs and you wont regret it. For 600 for sways and springs makes me wish I went suspension first because its only 200 more than a cold air intake.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #25
madmaxx18

I've only scraped once stock on a really steep driveway and on the new suspension I've hit a few pot holes and had zero clearance issues so far on the new drop springs. So I don't think you will have any issues.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #26
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Congrats! I love my Pfadt set up!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
madmaxx18

Finally got the front swaybar in so I'm putting it on tommorow and then either Monday or Tuesday mailing bakc the other one. Also going to get the cars alignment done just don't know which pfadt recommended setup to go with. I don't care about tire wear but I also never get to take her to the track every weekend(really wish I could).
Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #28
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Finally got the front swaybar in so I'm putting it on tommorow and then either Monday or Tuesday mailing bakc the other one. Also going to get the cars alignment done just don't know which pfadt recommended setup to go with. I don't care about tire wear but I also never get to take her to the track every weekend(really wish I could).
Street performance specs have worked well for me. While tire wear might not be important to you now, having to shell out $1k+ on tires every 10-15k miles will get VERY OLD. The other alignment specs are purposely designed for track or road course use.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote