Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
sstampa

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Thumbs up Florida Speed and Power

I just got my car back from Matt and Rodney at FSP on Saturday. I wanted to post my experience with them. To start with, I am a former bracket racer of old school carbureted muscle cars, so I know engine mechanics pretty well. I spent some time talking to Matt to get to know him and trust his knowledge of LS3 engines and the modifications and tuning he does on these cars before I decided to trust them with my car. They installed and ECS supercharger kit, new fuel system, meth kit and his blower cam with supporting modifications. We had some bumps along the way, but that is to be expected with a build of this magnitude. How they handled them is what matters. Matt always kept me informed at every step of the process and delivered on what he promised. The installation is very well done, with attention to detail on small things like routing of wiring harnesses. When a part didn't work as it should have, he made it right. The best example of this is the headers and exhaust. I purchased these parts myself and they were a brand that he was not familiar with. There were fitment issues, and he never charged me for the extra hours. He could have, and I would have paid it. But he stuck to his quote and chalked it up as a learning experience. I would recommend FSP to anyone and I will be taking my car back in the future for the necessary drive train and suspension mods to support my new power level. Rodney is also a very good mechanic and he did a lot of the actual installation. These guys have something good going on and I am very happy they decided to open up a shop in west central Florida.

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, tuned by Fasterproms 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison, 540 rwhp, 1100 rwtq.

Last edited by sstampa; 06-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.
sstampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Thanks Todd.. Good customers make it easier for Rodney and I to do our jobs properly. Like I've said we are definitely not the fastest shop out there, but we pride ourselves on maintaining the quality control on every build whether small or not (Yours would be the latter).

We look forward to providing this area with our expertise and working with all of our future clients.

Thanks

Rodney / Matt
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Thanks Todd.. Good customers make it easier for Rodney and I to do our jobs properly. Like I've said we are definitely not the fastest shop out there, but we pride ourselves on maintaining the quality control on every build whether small or not (Yours would be the latter).

We look forward to providing this area with our expertise and working with all of our future clients.

Thanks

Rodney / Matt
"Not the fastest shop shop out there". You mean the shop car?? :-)

Sorry could not help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Matt is a great guy, I've met him at a few shows and he always a great guy to talk too!

Now lets see some pics of the Dmax in your sig
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote