Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
First "Mod" done

So today my 4-pack came and I decided to put them in, had a few hiccups but everything seems to be working well now. They didn't come with screws/clips to hold the actual gauge pack to the new plastic part so we designed our own. The wiring and everything else as many of you know is simple. The only down side is their is a bit of a gap between where the radio plastic meets the new plastics for the gauges. I'm not sure if it's normal but you only notice if you actual look for it. While driving or in the passenger seat you cannot tell. I'm not sure if the gauges are acting correctly, or if I got the right ones because the part number doesn't match the ones on the website for Phastek (which was a GM Parts House box and shipping label... so guessing they just buy from them). And when I say they don't match, it doesnt match any of the parts numbers for any of the makes or models.. so it could be a 2011 part number, who knows . Not too worried about it right now.

Some pics of the finished product:

MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...

Congrats man!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

Congrats man!
Thanks man! Oh I'm meeting with the girl for the photo shoot this week probably. I'll have more details and hopefully give you a date shortly.

Sorry I missed out on Hooters, gonna try for the next meet.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Looks good Mike!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
Looks good; what's next?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
Looks great!
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
MikeL

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rod View Post
Looks good; what's next?
I have a Hurst STS ready to be installed! So hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a STS in my Camaro . Just waiting for a new shift knob since the pattern it comes with is V8 and I would just prefer the V6 pattern on it. But if you want a true list haha:

Hurst STS
Leather Interior (Have it just have to tackle it, I'm a bit worried about that one, never done seats before)
Interior Trim Kit
California Legal Window Tinting
CAI
MRT v2 Axle Back or Corsa Cat Back
Shorty Headers

Then maybe in the long run some cosmetic exterior stuff like T2 or T3 ports/new hood.

The reason I'm holding off on performance mods right away (except STS) is if anything major happens within a few months with the power-train I don't want any issues with warranty. That is just some whacky reasoning I have lol.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Great mod! The gauge pack was one of my first mods to my LT/RS as well. Also one of my favorites. Every owner who takes care of their car should have some proven method of monitoring oil pressure and temp. The GM gauge pack does this job fairly well. The readings look to be correct. At start up your oil pressure should be high, near up around 70PSI. Once your oil starts to reach its normal operating temp, a slight tick over 200F, your oil pressure will read between 30PSI at idle, to near 70PSI under load. As far as the gap between the bottom of the radio to the top of the gauge trim, it's normal
Old 06-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Great mod! The gauge pack was one of my first mods to my LT/RS as well. Also one of my favorites. Every owner who takes care of their car should have some proven method of monitoring oil pressure and temp. The GM gauge pack does this job fairly well. The readings look to be correct. At start up your oil pressure should be high, near up around 70PSI. Once your oil starts to reach its normal operating temp, a slight tick over 200F, your oil pressure will read between 30PSI at idle, to near 70PSI under load. As far as the gap between the bottom of the radio to the top of the gauge trim, it's normal
Thanks! And thanks for the info on the gap/readings I wasn't too worried but happy for the confirmation that it's normal. If that is your car in the sig it looks amazing. I love the blacked out lower fascia.