Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
A-Roid

So what do you all think of A-Roid?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I say leave the guy alone. Take what you want. They sold tickets off this guy and now they don't want to pay. Straight garbage.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I just saw he got suspended until 2015 season.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Such a circus, no one has handled it well and the press loves it. I think he's a moron, but I hope he does really well (during his appeal), so it'll be an even bigger circus.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Poor A-ROID, so now the guy that I would think was proven to be juiced up and had a chance to write new records showed his true colors of how he got to those numbers and sorry but you do what you do be ready to take responsibility for it !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool A

HE STILL HAS ONLY 92.0000$ LEFT
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Whatever happens, the yanks shouldn't be able to clear him off the books. They know 100% what they were getting themselves into with that contract and reaped the benefits of his performance.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #8
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Whatever happens, the yanks shouldn't be able to clear him off the books. They know 100% what they were getting themselves into with that contract and reaped the benefits of his performance.
Yes, the contract horrible, but I don't think they knew he was on anything. At the time he was promising he was clean (and still has never failed a drug test). Also the contract is filled w/ incentives for hitting HR milestones, which are obviously tainted w/ PED use....not sure they would have offered those incentives if they suspected he wasn't clean. Maybe if teams could void contracts if players get suspended, it would serve as more of a deterrent. If any "normal" employee got busted or failed a drug test, they could get fired, by should athletes be any different?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Ok, I can understand that they might not have known anything was going on. Regardless, they did reap the benefits, and while you can't go and take previous wins/stats/etc away, you can still punish the team for the unfair advantage by ensuring they are still on the hook for the contract.

And not that that money should go to A-Rod, he shouldn't get paid anything obviously, but it shouldn't just come off the books either.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Ok, I can understand that they might not have known anything was going on. Regardless, they did reap the benefits, and while you can't go and take previous wins/stats/etc away, you can still punish the team for the unfair advantage by ensuring they are still on the hook for the contract.

And not that that money should go to A-Rod, he shouldn't get paid anything obviously, but it shouldn't just come off the books either.

Naaaaa, can't blame the teams....For many years there were no rules against it and no testing, and MLB certainly benefitted from the Mcguire/Sosa/Bonds HR derby....so if you're gonna blame teams, might as well just blame MLB as a whole.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Who's A-Roid?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
he's a guy that's made about $400 million and claims to be "fighting for my life"
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Let NY keep paying for a old, busted, hated 3rd baseman. They signed the contract. If NY gets out of that bad contract they will spend that $100 million on someone else.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #14
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Naaaaa, can't blame the teams....For many years there were no rules against it and no testing, and MLB certainly benefitted from the Mcguire/Sosa/Bonds HR derby....so if you're gonna blame teams, might as well just blame MLB as a whole.
Why not? Buck Showalter brings up a great point. The Orioles were punished for having to play against someone for the past however many years who had an unfair advantage while the Yankees reaped the benefits. So not only are that it's fine for the other teams to be at a disadvantage, but in addition to that perk, you're advocating the Yankees are off the hook? Why should the receive any additional benefits other than those they got from a juiced player?