Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #169
2013zl1guy

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
RJT-SS, I did request to cancel my order (see post #167 of mine with all dates of communication).

Yesterday I finally got an email from PayPal that I got money from RX - my refund. Not sure if it was because of my request or the fact that I initiated a dispute with my credit card company. Either way, I'm happy the money is back (almost, it's stuck in paypal land instead of my bank account).
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #170
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Understood. Glad to hear your money is on it's way back.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #171
SynergyGreenMachine

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS M6
Also to be fair, I guess my can showed up at home today. I'm told the paint is ok and all parts are there. Not exactly overwhelmed with the time to get it, but it did eventually get there. Hopefully all goes well installing it when I get back home from work.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #172
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
Cancel your order, get your money back, and get an Elite.

I just got my RX can this past Friday. I ordered it 04/04. To try and get my can, I called, PM'd Tracy, E-mailed Tracy, and ultimately had to call daily the last week before it shipped.

Here's the thing - I did ALL the "non-public" communications to ensure my order was fulfilled but, I get it after 8+ weeks and it had paint issues (I ordered it RJT to match my car). The missing paint/scuff/scratch is on the can by the bracket so you can't really see it after it is installed. So, I installed it. The main reason I bought this can is because of it's effectiveness; cosmetics second. However, they did such a good paint job on my VMax TB a year or so ago, I was expecting a much better outcome on the paint.

It gets better......

The RX decal on my TB is a red R and white X which stands out really well against the TB. The catch can comes with black X instead which, on top of RJT is hard to see. No problem....I will just take off the decal.....but nooooo....the paint starts coming off with the decal!!!! Now I got a bad paint job to begin with and now a decal that looks like crap with the paint coming off underneath.....after 8 weeks no less.

I realize I can just remove the can, sand it down, and touch it up but that is NOT the point. I expected a quality product; inside and out. Didn't get that.

I know I can just return it for a refund but, at this point, I am so tired of dealing with RX that I will just leave the can alone for a while and touch it up after I get motivated enough.

I work with anyone to try and make things right, many times over, and I don't do it in the court of public opinion. However, when it gets this ridiculous, I just need to let others know.

By the way, the can is easy to install. The RX instructions are not the best but they get the idea across.
FYI - the Elite is anodized, not painted.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #173
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenMachine View Post
Also to be fair, I guess my can showed up at home today. I'm told the paint is ok and all parts are there. Not exactly overwhelmed with the time to get it, but it did eventually get there. Hopefully all goes well installing it when I get back home from work.
The biggest pain in installing it is removing the stock PCV connector. The locking mechanism on it is a huge pain especially if like mine the tab you need to move is pressed against the side and top of the engine. I had to use a fork and screwdriver to get it off. Other than that the install should be quick and straight forward.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #174
RJT-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
The biggest pain in installing it is removing the stock PCV connector. The locking mechanism on it is a huge pain especially if like mine the tab you need to move is pressed against the side and top of the engine. I had to use a fork and screwdriver to get it off. Other than that the install should be quick and straight forward.
I agree!! I had to remove a couple of the surrounding connectors to fit my hand in there. The tab on mine was in the same place. Since you have to cut the hose anyway for the install, I cut it first and it made it easier to rotate the connector so I could reach it.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #175
cbass

Quote:
I agree!! I had to remove a couple of the surrounding connectors to fit my hand in there. The tab on mine was in the same place. Since you have to cut the hose anyway for the install, I cut it first and it made it easier to rotate the connector so I could reach it.
I was trying to preserve the connector in case I needed to put it back to stock, but I was very close to doing what you did and that is just cutting the damn thing off. I don't understand why the tab can't face up where it's more easily accessible. Oh well. It is what it is. Catch can has been installed and that's what matters.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #176
RJT-SS

Quote:
I was trying to preserve the connector in case I needed to put it back to stock, but I was very close to doing what you did and that is just cutting the damn thing off. I don't understand why the tab can't face up where it's more easily accessible. Oh well. It is what it is. Catch can has been installed and that's what matters.
I didn't cut off the connector. I cut the hose where you are supposed to for the install. That allowed me to rotate the connector so I could reach the tab on the connector. I saved mine too - just in case.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #177
cbass

Quote:
I didn't cut off the connector. I cut the hose where you are supposed to for the install. That allowed me to rotate the connector so I could reach the tab on the connector. I saved mine too - just in case.

Looks like you have a L99 so you install differently than me. I noticed I have a check engine light on after the install. I wonder if unrelated or I did something wrong. I am running the can without check valves.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #178
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Looks like you have a L99 so you install differently than me. I noticed I have a check engine light on after the install. I wonder if unrelated or I did something wrong. I am running the can without check valves.
Check & make sure you are not also leaking oil.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #179
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
You do know you can buy a new tube for under $10, don't you?

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #180
RJT-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
You do know you can buy a new tube for under $10, don't you?

Sent from my 2SS/RS
With the connector? No, I didn't. I have not had the need to buy one before. Good to know....one less thing in the garage. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #181
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
With the connector? No, I didn't. I have not had the need to buy one before. Good to know....one less thing in the garage. Thanks!
Yep, with the connector. Here is the part # 12610768
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #182
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Well, 5 weeks passed since I ordered two 1LE separators. I emailed him and didn't receive a response for 5 days. However, when in did get one, I received a picture of both breather a (complete) and a tracking number and he said they will go out in the morning. I still have some faith in RX and like their products. I hope these show up in nice shape and that they can work past the long lead times and slow communication.
Attached Images

Closed Thread