Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
OOOUUCH, bet you saw that coming at you!
Yes I dont relish the idea of people messing with the car, gotta realize though that I buy it to drive and enjoy, gotta give a little someplace so I expect some road rash and normal stuff......not a painted windshield LOL.
I hope your windshield came out ok, have you had it replaced yet?
Hopefully with Factory Glass.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #58
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Never saw it coming...

Think I was fiddling with the stereo.

Sounded like a gun. Caught a Jeep SUV fading away in the rear view mirror headed the other way. There is a lot of crap and stones in the paved median there and he must have picked something up and tossed it. 60 mph both ways = 120 mph impact. A Monday morning less than 4 miles from home. 4500 miles on the car.

I did get factory glass but GM already disco'd the original part number. The dot matrix around the mirror is different now. Lets in a bit more light. I'm guessing their stab at quelling the complaints about visibility and feeling like driving a tank. Bummed me out but I did the best I could and the replacement went seamlessly. Cost me $0 out-of-pocket. Thank you, American Family.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #59
Phantom.5SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Think I was fiddling with the stereo.

Sounded like a gun. Caught a Jeep SUV fading away in the rear view mirror headed the other way. There is a lot of crap and stones in the paved median there and he must have picked something up and tossed it. 60 mph both ways = 120 mph impact. A Monday morning less than 4 miles from home. 4500 miles on the car.

I did get factory glass but GM already disco'd the original part number. The dot matrix around the mirror is different now. Lets in a bit more light. I'm guessing their stab at quelling the complaints about visibility and feeling like driving a tank. Bummed me out but I did the best I could and the replacement went seamlessly. Cost me $0 out-of-pocket. Thank you, American Family.
Alls well that ends well.......
I had a chopped street rod so to me the visibility is better than ever LOL!!!
Carry on and enjoy that gorgeous car!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #60
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Will do

Best of luck with yours. Sorry for the pita dealer experience.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #61
Phantom.5SS

An update.

Thank you again Depaula Chevrolet for placing my family and I into danger yet again!

Stemming from the overspray on the windshield issue (STILL UNRESOLVED),
I rounded a corner last evening and the sun caught the windshield just right that the overspray lit up like the night sky causeing poor vision and at the same time distracting my eyes from the road.....the road where a bicyclist was riding partly off of the shoulder...by the time I saw him I had to jump over the double line nearly missing an oncoming car...Thank God I drive responsible...if I were going fast this could have ended poorly!

I think its time for me to just replace it myself with an OEM....been living with it and now it has escalated to a near miss incident.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #62
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Get your own glass man and have Chevy dealer sell you an oem windshield at their cost...your glass man replaces glass. side glass not that costly to replace with your own glass man...time to move on...

Why does anyone let a dealer do body work...there are great independent body shops...lesson learned and others beware...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #63
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
Thank you again Depaula Chevrolet for placing my family and I into danger yet again!

Stemming from the overspray on the windshield issue (STILL UNRESOLVED),
I rounded a corner last evening and the sun caught the windshield just right that the overspray lit up like the night sky causeing poor vision and at the same time distracting my eyes from the road.....the road where a bicyclist was riding partly off of the shoulder...by the time I saw him I had to jump over the double line nearly missing an oncoming car...Thank God I drive responsible...if I were going fast this could have ended poorly!

I think its time for me to just replace it myself with an OEM....been living with it and now it has escalated to a near miss incident.
I very much apologize for the danger that you may have been in. We are very glad that you are safe. Have you been able to speak with your dealership about this inconvenience and concern? Please let us know. We are available at your convenience.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #64
Carls2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
What Dealer

Phantom, what dealer are you using now? I have recently purchased my Camaro from Depaula, (I must admit, they gave me the deal i wanted) that said, I'm not sure about service though, now that i have read about your experience. Thanks