Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #15
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
totally, you just can't help but notice that it is different. From slow 10mph turns, to freeway accel, more balls everywhere. It's awesome.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #16
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
I felt the same thing until I added high flow cats I think you have to work on both ends to make it breath better
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #17
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...possibly the guy with the ZL1 claiming loss of low end power after installing Roto-fab CAI is running on the low octane table.., has too little miles on the motor yet, or has an incorrect instalation with some obstruction or loss of vacuum. From my personal experience there is another issue at hand other than that of a properly running ZL1 with a properlly installed Roto-fab ZL1 CAI to make one say it has a low end problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...possibly the guy with the ZL1 claiming loss of low end power after installing Roto-fab CAI is running on the low octane table.., has too little miles on the motor yet, or has an incorrect instalation with some obstruction or loss of vacuum. From my personal experience there is another issue at hand other than that of a properly running ZL1 with a properlly installed Roto-fab ZL1 CAI to make one say it has a low end problem.

I tend to agree I noticed it spins wheels a lot quicker,I have been running 104 from the get go .I found it very noticable not even really pushing it.
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I don't see how you couldn't feel the extra power unless something else is not ideal. The additional airflow allows for more boost which is noticeable throughout the power band. I can understand not feeling the difference in normally aspirated car, but with most of the dynos adding over 30 at the wheels, this should be a butt dyno improvement.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post

I know California is mentally hilarious, but what is the deal with the 91 octane, have they started banning having fun unless you are a pot head out there?
I was just trying to explain my situation lol

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
pull your fuses then do a run with the nannies off.

post in a pic of the install to make sure the tube and maf are oriented correctly.

I did pulley, TB, CAI all at once so in my case it was like I was driving a differnt car. never drove it will just CAI.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #22
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I feel a little bit of extra pull in the upper RPM's when going WOT but for the most part you can't really feel a 25hp increase on a car this heavy. Once you do more mods like a pulley, headers, tune, etc. along with the rotofab you will feel the extra power. I just love the sound of the supercharger whine now when going WOT, especially when outside temps are somewhat cool

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
It's a great ROI and easily reversible for the purist. I was surprized to see how little air intake ports there are on the stock box after I got it off. So, it certainly gets much more air with the RotoFab.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #24
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I didn't really notice a gain in power with the Roto-Fab install, but I absolutely love the sound of the supercharger whine. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't hear the supercharger very much when I got the car, but now I'm even more in love with car because of that sound. I didn't feel any loss of power, though.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
What mode are you driving in? The torque management may be kicking in.
nannies off/ traction control off. Anyway .. guess i should have done my homework before deciding on this mod.. Now i have a head turning super charged air sucking machine that screams under the hood when i exhilarate, but it is now not as fun taking off from dead stop w/ less torque.

I have read that with a CAI mod for most cars it seems to be normal that low in power/torque is compromised .. but the gains are pushed towards the upper rpm range which is basically only a benefit for track driving.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #26
Mil

Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
I've ran nothing but 93 octane since the day i took delivery. My ZL1 was ordered, it wasn't purchased off the lot. Just to be sure and out of curiosity I done the fuse pull way before i've done any mods. I didn't experience any difference from the fuse pull so I guessed I were the lucky few that actually took delivery of my ZL1 with the proper 93 octane. I have up to 4,500 miles logged. I had all my traction assists off. I went back to check and made sure all my hoses related to this mod are on tight.. they were fine so still puzzled how some are claiming increase on all ranges of the rpm. Anyway its a pretty simple mod.. i don't see how i could mess it up.. I'll post pictures some point over the weekend for those who suggessted it.. so you could see if i messed it up or not.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #27
Enough

Drives: 2013ZL1
Give it some time (couple of weeks) for the car to self adjust your fuel trims. This flat is normal for adding something which adds more air and creates a slightly different flow path over the MAF sensor. I felt the same right off idle low end flat spot and it corrected itself over time.
Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
I've ran nothing but 93 octane since the day i took delivery. My ZL1 was ordered, it wasn't purchased off the lot. Just to be sure and out of curiosity I done the fuse pull way before i've done any mods. I didn't experience any difference from the fuse pull so I guessed I were the lucky few that actually took delivery of my ZL1 with the proper 93 octane. I have up to 4,500 miles logged. I had all my traction assists off. I went back to check and made sure all my hoses related to this mod are on tight.. they were fine so still puzzled how some are claiming increase on all ranges of the rpm. Anyway its a pretty simple mod.. i don't see how i could mess it up.. I'll post pictures some point over the weekend for those who suggessted it.. so you could see if i messed it up or not.

I took delivery of my ordered car with 8 miles on it and ran nothing but premium. The fuse pull woke mine up for sure. even my wife noticed it.

just make sure you pulled both fuses and they were the right number. I thought the fuse pull was BS until I did it. Now some say it does nothing but on my car it was noticable. this was even before mods.

need to get on a dyno or at least datalog the car. right now it is all speculative posts. The butt dyno is not calibrated very well.

to people who say 25hp is not noticable it disagree you should be able to feel 25hp. so if you don't it is either some kind of wied misconception IE the power is just even more linear not and is fooling you or you maf transfer function went off for soem reason and you running rich robbing power.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote