Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Talking Me dad and I test drove an SS.

So first off, I'd like to give you a little disclaimer. This is all my opinion and you don't have to agree with me. It's just what I think.

Now, to begin.

I've seen lots of Camaros. And by seeing all of these Camaros, I've come up with a simple but true statement that I'm pretty sure most of you guys can agree with. The closer you get to it, the better it looks. Especially the wheels. Those 20's are SMOKIN'.

Now, on to the interior.

First impressions were "Wow, this dash sits really high. It's almost hard to see outside. But It's laid out very nicely. I don't see what all the reviewers are bickering about. (Reaches out and touches the passenger side of the dash) Whoa. That is... quite rough. It's pretty disappointing that they couldn't put a soft touch material on the dash. The blind spot is massive. I'll just put that out there. And it was conveniently placed where the fender flares out. . . . HOWEVER, (and that's a big however) the seats are PHENOMENAL. They almost make up for everything wrong with the interior. They are just so supportive and. . . I can't even explain, they are just great seats.

Now to the part where the Camaro flexes its muscles; Confirms its superiority. The drive itself.

We drove an L99. So of course it lacks the 26 extra horsepower that the mighty LS3 has. But 400 horsepower is still more than any responsible human being should have (you have to be a little crazy to drive a big V8, good ol' American muscle car... Or just a badass )

So we pull out of the lot and the car just starts accelerating. Supplying us with plenty of beautiful sounds and G forces in the cabin. Then when my dad lets off he says, " and I was barely touching it." . . . Well damn. So we keep cruising and we come to a stoplight. Unfortunately, there was no 'racing start', but to my delight, when we got enough room from the other powerless car wielding civilians, he mashed the fun-dispensing pedal to the floor; that thing TOOK OFF. Whew doggy, this car is blazing fast. 400 horsepower and you can feel every last one of them.

We did a U turn and commenced to flog the car down the highway. The sounds the car surrounds you with are amazing. They nailed the sound right on the head. Just one sound wasn't right. When he pressed the brakes it made an awful sound. Don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it just didn't sound right.

As we pulled into the lot I evaluated the car in my head. It only came down to one word: Damn. All the minor problems aside, this car is a complete, utter, major beast of a machine. If you haven't driven/ had a ride in one, go do it asap. If you own one, I will join up into your ranks one day

Then it was back to my dad's 2001 Toyota Solara V6

Camaro SS
Attached Images

ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote