Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Resilient keys!

So, yesterday my husband was taking out the trash and he asks me, what the heck is going on with your car because the lights were coming on all by themselves? I was like, I dunno, did you hit the car with the trash bag when you walked by or something. He said "No." I told him maybe she was getting Pi$$ed Off because he was getting to close to her with the dirty trash and that she was about to transform and break out a can of whoop a$$ on him!! LoL! Anyway, I didn't think too much of it and continued on with my household chores and when I started folding my laundry out of the dryer low and behold I found one of my car keys in the dryer!! Turns out the buttons were being pushed while the key was in the washing machine! The crazy thing is everything on the key still worked!! The lock, unlock, autostart...everything!! Amazing!!
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
So, yesterday my husband was taking out the trash and he asks me, what the heck is going on with your car because the lights were coming on all by themselves? I was like, I dunno, did you hit the car with the trash bag when you walked by or something. He said "No." I told him maybe she was getting Pi$$ed Off because he was getting to close to her with the dirty trash and that she was about to transform and break out a can of whoop a$$ on him!! LoL! Anyway, I didn't think too much of it and continued on with my household chores and when I started folding my laundry out of the dryer low and behold I found one of my car keys in the dryer!! Turns out the buttons were being pushed while the key was in the washing machine! The crazy thing is everything on the key still worked!! The lock, unlock, autostart...everything!! Amazing!!
HAHA. I was washing my car yesterday and had the key in my pocket. Everytime I leaned over I either locked the car, unlocked it, or popped the trunk. It kept hitting just right and it took three times of the lights flashing and finally the trunk to realize why.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
HAHA. I was washing my car yesterday and had the key in my pocket. Everytime I leaned over I either locked the car, unlocked it, or popped the trunk. It kept hitting just right and it took three times of the lights flashing and finally the trunk to realize why.

LOL ... I have a bad habit of that. I keep my keys in my back pocket, and if I sit with them there almost every time I will pop the trunk with my butt ...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
LOL ... I have a bad habit of that. I keep my keys in my back pocket, and if I sit with them there almost every time I will pop the trunk with my butt ...
Here I was I thought I left it inside because I was washing it... so after the trunk popped I thought my wife was messing with me. Then it dawned on me. :emoticon7:

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Seems to be a GM tradition

My panic alarm goes off on my Envoy almost everytime I stick it mt back pocket
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
i have an "acid" for removing splattered concrete on my work truck and i had a bottle of it tip over on my key.. it totally took the shine off the key part and opens very slow now but the buttons all work fine. so im dealing with it.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Yowzer that is funny!!!!! I've nearly left my key in my pants pockets several times before throwing into the laundry. I'm almost tempted to throw the key in, and try out different settings...like "Heavy Duty" or "double rinse"...maybe the car would self-start! LOL!

Thanks for sharing!!