Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #57
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
what makes them loud is the lightweight sprockets in the back. Techco showed me this before i gave them the car. You could hear it when hood is opened, but when they closed the hood on the challenger i didnt hear anything.
There is a vid somewhere in my files...They are pretty loud on a stang even when the hood is closed
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #58
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
There is a vid somewhere in my files...They are pretty loud on a stang even when the hood is closed
yea never heard it on a stang, so it might be right. On the chally i heard it in person. Hood open you can hear it, when closed couldn't hear it. Probably the chally has a thicker hood or something that the sound cant penetrate

Last edited by gotpball44; 06-18-2009 at 11:48 PM.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #59
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I have a TVS kit on the way. I'd be willing to install the Techco kit afterwards and do a nice article and dyno/track/driving comparison testing. I shoot/write for a few GM magazines, I'm sure the Editors might be intrigued with the story. Contact me if you are interested

Tony
Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #60
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I have a TVS kit on the way. I'd be willing to install the Techco kit afterwards and do a nice article and dyno/track/driving comparison testing. I shoot/write for a few GM magazines, I'm sure the Editors might be intrigued with the story. Contact me if you are interested

Tony
that would be cool to see, maybe u should contact techco
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #61
SCREWED

Drives: MZ DAIZY!!
Quote:
+1 on this.
I saw one on a Stang and as he was driving up, I thought it was a Race Procharger on it it was so noisy....even at idle. Yeah they are pretty loud.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
yea never heard it on a stang, so it might be right. On the chally i heard it in person. Hood open you can hear it, when closed couldn't hear it. Probably the chally has a thicker hood or something that the sound cant penetrate
Being in So Cal, I have seen/heard most applications of TECHCO's kits in person at shows and what-not and they do have their unique sound. . . I don't know how everyone can assume that by listening to a video, probably taken by a digital camera with a poor mic, can compare it to real life??? Example(maybe not a good one) Has anyone else heard there own voice while talking and then listened to your voice over the phone while checking your voicemail. . . . different???

Ninjak, I think you were next to a Mustang?? So you know real life how it sounds. I dont think TECHCO, Magnusson, Vortech etc. . . is really sweating how loud their blowers are. Blownchevy, correct me if I'm wrong but the end result is the customers choice of what best suites their needs. I dont think any of the three companies mentioned are hurtin for bizz. Different strokes for different folks, IMO!!
SCREWED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #62
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWED View Post
Blownchevy, correct me if I'm wrong but the end result is the customers choice of what best suites their needs. I dont think any of the three companies mentioned are hurtin for bizz. Different strokes for different folks, IMO!!
Agreed, everyone has certain expectations on what they want out of their car. All I ask is that people do their own research and base their decision on facts not internet chatter. (I am not saying you are putting out web BS)

If everyone followed the advice they read on the web, they would be very unhappy with their cars.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #63
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Agreed, everyone has certain expectations on what they want out of their car. All I ask is that people do their own research and base their decision on facts not internet chatter. (I am not saying you are putting out web BS)

If everyone followed the advice they read on the web, they would be very unhappy with their cars.
Will agree to this. When I did my F/I I researched everything. I was in a unique position because I had a shaker hood as well. (Hole in the hood) So I went with a Supershaker, but not so much because of ease of app, but because of what I wanted, and how well it fit with my current mods. Sure in the end, it was the best fit, but I did my research non the less.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #64
SCREWED

Quote:

I am just glad you didn't pick apart my voice theory

Quote:
Will agree to this. When I did my F/I I researched everything. I was in a unique position because I had a shaker hood as well. (Hole in the hood) So I went with a Supershaker, but not so much because of ease of app, but because of what I wanted, and how well it fit with my current mods. Sure in the end, it was the best fit, but I did my research non the less.
As a result. . . you are happy and thats ALL that counts!!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #65
BlownChevy

Quote:
I am just glad you didn't pick apart my voice theory
Ehhh, sometimes things are better left alone Maybe I should come out for the next open house?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #66
SCREWED

Quote:
Ehhh, sometimes things are better left alone Maybe I should come out for the next open house?
Buy ya lunch??
Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #67
BlownChevy

Quote:
Buy ya lunch??
Sounds like a plan. I will get with you next week and iron out the details.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #68
Dans ls1

Drives: 1998 TA
Sounds fun count me in!
Dans ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #69
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
next one is tomorrow 6/20

then the one after that is 7/18
Old 06-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #70
SCREWED

Who ever started this thread. . . I will buy you lunch if you close the thread I cant buy lunch for everyone Open house tomorrow if anyone is hungry. . . TO SEE SOME BAS A$$ RIDES THAT IS!!