Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #99
mike@newera

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Now, of course we can make anything work with testing this scenario. But obviously due to the answer I just gave you, I don't have a true answer to your question right now considering the circumstances at this time. I love new technology, so I have been following this thread, I have an adjustable extension kit already premade to work with something else, and I would really like to have something to work with this as well. Time will tell what happens, Techco please contact me when you have your prototype done, or before that if you like, not just for intake testing...
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #100
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
WE GOTTA' WAIT 'TIL MONDAY!???

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #101
SCREWED

Drives: MZ DAIZY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans ls1 View Post
I acutally like the sound of the Techo...sounds mean to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@newera View Post
I am interested.
PM me or call on number below. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@newera View Post
Now, of course we can make anything work with testing this scenario. But obviously due to the answer I just gave you, I don't have a true answer to your question right now considering the circumstances at this time. I love new technology, so I have been following this thread, I have an adjustable extension kit already premade to work with something else, and I would really like to have something to work with this as well. Time will tell what happens, Techco please contact me when you have your prototype done, or before that if you like, not just for intake testing...
Mike, give me a ring @ 949-813-4363 when you get a chance. Headin for Vegas in an hour for the weekend but I will have my cell. Talk to you then. . . Ned
SCREWED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #102
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Just came back from techco today to go look at the new quiet version of there superchargers. Man you cannot even hear it at idle, its so quiet and smooth. But of course with the quiet system when you punch it, it wont be as loud as the regular one.

So you could have the monster sound from the regular with a bit louder idle or a quiet sleeper until you punch it.

But rest assured you will still hear the whine from both system, just a bit less on the quite system.

LET ME PUT THAT AGAIN- YOU CANNOT EVEN HEAR THE QUIET SYSTEM AT IDLE
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #103
Dark Sin

Drives: Black 1SS Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Just came back from techco today to go look at the new quiet version of there superchargers. Man you cannot even hear it at idle, its so quiet and smooth. But of course with the quiet system when you punch it, it wont be as loud as the regular one.

So you could have the monster sound from the regular with a bit louder idle or a quiet sleeper until you punch it.

But rest assured you will still hear the whine from both system, just a bit less on the quite system.

Is the quiet system replacing the old one or are they going to make both?

Last edited by Dark Sin; 07-03-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Dark Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #104
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:

I heard about that today on Corvette Forum. That was the only thing I didn't like the idle sound.
Man, you're ganna have a nice car. Is yours black?
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #105
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sin View Post
Is the quiet system replacing the old one or are they going to make both?
They are making both, so you have a choice. loud or quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I heard about that today on Corvette Forum. That was the only thing I didn't like the idle sound.
Man, you're ganna have a nice car. Is yours black?
Thanks, yea mine is black
Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #106
White Devil

Drives: Summit White 1SS Soon
Whats the status on this thing? I heard the 2 corvettes getting done will be finished today or tomorrow.
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #107
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Devil View Post
Whats the status on this thing? I heard the 2 corvettes getting done will be finished today or tomorrow.
yea they are done, just tuning is taking some time of course. I saw them run and rode in them, all i could say i WOW!!! cant wait till mine is done.

They are getting close to finishing the camaros system too. Think i am gonna go with the quiet system. But i love how loud the regular one is when you step on it.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #108
White Devil

Drives: Summit White 1SS Soon
Do you have an ETA on when the camaro will be done and have some numbers?
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #109
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Looking forward to the results. Techo is quite popular with the Challenger crowd. There have been a couple of engine issues on Challengers, so I'm curious to see the tune on the Camaro.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #110
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Devil View Post
Do you have an ETA on when the camaro will be done and have some numbers?
Probably be fully completed by the end of the month or beginning of august is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Looking forward to the results. Techo is quite popular with the Challenger crowd. There have been a couple of engine issues on Challengers, so I'm curious to see the tune on the Camaro.
Cause the 6.1 motors have shity ass pistons.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #111
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Cause the 6.1 motors have shity ass pistons.
This was on a few 5.7Ls actually. I've heard the top ring is pretty close to the top of the pistons on these cars (I have the 5.7L).

Mine's got a lifetime power train warranty, so I'm not sure if I'll do a blower or not.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #112
Boost

Drives: ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
This was on a few 5.7Ls actually. I've heard the top ring is pretty close to the top of the pistons on these cars (I have the 5.7L).

Mine's got a lifetime power train warranty, so I'm not sure if I'll do a blower or not.
Actually there was only 1 5.7 challenger that had a engine failure (no 6.1s) this car had already been run on n20, had a non techco tune, and broke at the dragstrip running in the 11s
Boost is offline   Reply With Quote