Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #141
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Funny thing is the weight difference between the Camaro and Challenger is the same as between the GT5.0 and the Camaro. Do you mind if the 5.0 owners call your girl Kirstie? Or do you prefer miss Alley?
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #142
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Funny thing is the weight difference between the Camaro and Challenger is the same as between the GT5.0 and the Camaro. Do you mind if the 5.0 owners call your girl Kirstie? Or do you prefer miss Alley?
I couldn't care less what you call my Camaro, because it is a 1982 Indy 500 Pace car edition and has absolutely zero to do with the current model. The guy wanted to know how to improve his car, I made a suggestion. Fact is, all these cars are too heavy thanks to our friendy "gubment" and their beloved heaps of regulations involving crash safety.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #143
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
If you want to improve your Challenger, take it to Jenny Craig...that girl of yours is a bit on the heavy side there, shallow Hal.
Your attempt at humor is neither asked for nor appreciated. Right now, as it stands, my car is running in the low 13's (adjusted to just over 13 flat) with extremely, extremely minor mods.

I also wasnt asking for your help on mods at all, so kindly take your "advice" and keep it to yourself until I ask for it from you.

Thanks.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #144
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Your attempt at humor is neither asked for nor appreciated. Right now, as it stands, my car is running in the low 13's (adjusted to just over 13 flat) with extremely, extremely minor mods.

I also wasnt asking for your help on mods at all, so kindly take your "advice" and keep it to yourself until I ask for it from you.

Thanks.
Sure, no problem. Jackass.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #145
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Sure, no problem. Jackass.
...why am I not surprised?

Thanks for insulting both me AND my car, unprovoked.

ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #146
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
...why am I not surprised?

Thanks for insulting both me AND my car, unprovoked.

He must be 12. You know the sad thing is I bet he doesn't recieve an infraction for it like us others would.

Last edited by meanmike; 05-07-2010 at 12:51 AM.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #147
n2oSS

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
we still talkin bout these ford Si's? I am personally happy for ford these days, i mean all these divorced midlife women can finally buy a car with the mustang badge that is actually a sports car.

But on a different note, when you mustang guys go to the strip do you still park and talk vtec with the ricers or you guys gonna man up and cross over to the v-8 arena? There are some challengers and camaros waitin for ya, and don't worry we'll keep the v6 models off the track so the older mustangs can at least say they lost to a v8 and not a six lol.

oh to stir the pot.
Appearance Mods:
AAC Concept Sidemarkers, P13W Plasma LED Bulbs, Iforged Classics 20".
Next Mods:
Cam and Fuel System.
n2oSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #148
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
What where they when they favored the camaro? just wondering.
Dude...what is your game anyway? Not to sound like a fanboy...because I enjoy all American muscle. I just find it a bit strange that you post a picture of a camaro, but then attempt to antagonize camaro-lovers with just about every one of your posts. What are you...some kind of "sleeper agent?"

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #149
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Man.. Genesis were did that come in and V8 to V6 not a good comparison. 2011 I think GM and ford are both on track Based on the person both cars are nice. My main sticking point on those two will be dealership and who gives best deal. As for dodge they still are overpriced, I like the challenger but really the SRT8 is the equal to the SS and the GT but it cost a bunch more and I beleive for the average budget mid 30's is starting to push it.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #150
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
He must be 12. You know the sad thing is I bet he doesn't recieve an infraction for it like us others would.
Awwwwww... Come on now. We're all better than this. Sticks and stones... We all love Camaros. And Challengers. Annnnnnnd Mussssstangsssssss. Go ahead, take a deep breath and say it. There wouldn't be the passion if it weren't for real. It's OK. Car rivalry is supposed to be fun, not a drag... (Pun intended)

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 AM   #151
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Rallysport, you need to grow up and act your age, seriously.
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #152
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oSS View Post
we still talkin bout these ford Si's? I am personally happy for ford these days, i mean all these divorced midlife women can finally buy a car with the mustang badge that is actually a sports car.

But on a different note, when you mustang guys go to the strip do you still park and talk vtec with the ricers or you guys gonna man up and cross over to the v-8 arena? There are some challengers and camaros waitin for ya, and don't worry we'll keep the v6 models off the track so the older mustangs can at least say they lost to a v8 and not a six lol.

oh to stir the pot.
Guess you've not ran any 03-04 Cobras, stock or with Kenny Bells putting about 600hp to the wheels. Or how about the GT-500's with 500 horse power or the GT-500's with 540? Also bet you haven't seen any of those super snakes with over 600 hp or 700hp.
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #153
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Really guys, I cant believe some of you are really this immature. I have a love of all pony cars, they all have there advantages and disadvantages. Your letting someones words get under your skin. MT's Reviews are based on the fact the the mustang is the popular new toy to have. It's just marketing. As for the Genesis, I don't know how an import fits in as a pony car.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #154
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I'm still stunned by the mustang , simply because ford has never tried to keep up with the Camaro for as long as i can remember.
You must not remember the mid 80s-early 90s then.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote