Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
This is getting ridiculous.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #58
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
All the drag racing video proves is the guy driving the Mustang (their main guy thats always testing cars) is a better driver.

And the Mustang only beat the Camaro by 1/2 a car. That's truely a drivers race.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #59
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chel_cee7 View Post
I despise hardcore favoritism and ignorance when it comes to cars.
yeah there's certainly no hardcore favoritism around here
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #60
BlackieRay

Drives: 2002 WS6
GM should stop advertising in Motortrend, and you guys should stop buying it.
BlackieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #61
Impact

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
You know last year when Motor Trend said the Camaro was the best car out of the three (Mustang Camaro and Challenger) most of you guys praised them and said they knew what they were talking about. Car and Driver last year said the Mustang was the better car and some of you same guys said Car and Driver were in Ford's pocket and you didn't trust them and they aren't as good as Motor Trend. Well flash forward to 2010 and you guys are now saying Motor Trend isn't reliable, they are in Ford's pocket' their numbers can't be trust and at the same time you are saying ''Car and Driver is reliable'' because they drove a Camaro SS faster then a Mustang GT.

It seems you are for who ever rates your car better and against who every doesn't one year to the next. Make up your minds and quit being complete tools. I drive a 2010 Camaro V6 and my car got smoked by the Mustang v6 and Genesis in those videos and you don't see me calling foul. It stings a little knowing that if I line up against those two cars in the real world I most likely will loose but that is life. I don't think the Mustang and Genesis are better then my Camaro because I like the Camaro more and no one can convince me other wise. My car weighs more then the Mustang, so I'd expect it to be abit faster but I think the Genesis is ugly as home made sin and the Mustang just isn't my cup of tea.

I don't let people's opinion bother me and I'm not going to tell someone they are in Ford's pocket or a Genesis fanboy because they prefer those cars over the Camaro. So again you guys only think anyone that agrees with your opinion is legit and anyone who doesn't is in motor companies pocket lol. Car and Driver from what I gather prefers the Mustang over the Camaro, so does Edmonds, and almost every other magazine rather the Camaro or Mustang is faster. They say it's the better all around car....do I lose sleep at night worrying about my Camaro may not be as valued by critics as the Mustang? Nope, unlike some of you children on this board I don't give a care what people says, my car freaking rules, is fast and chicks dig it.
Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #62
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I can see your point.

I'm sure there are others but ask most any mustang guy and he wont say the Camaro looks good in any way.
I will atleast give the last production years of 2005/10 a thumbs up compared to the car now.
Yes I give Ford a for stepping up with the HP as for the looks lol yeah well everyone I know even Ford people who have stangs say nahhhhh

I think every automaker is running out of idea's on where to go with looks.......... this is what you get when you retro a car where next ?

Out of the two other automakers in the pony car race dodge and Ford i have never had a Ford guy give me a kind word for my 2010 ( jealousy )
just like all makes everyone has there cool guys and there asses but Ford Mustang guys stick together and think nothing else comes close.

BS
You have just met the wrong people. I have Chevy people treat me the same way if I am in my mustang. But I know not all Chevy fans are like that.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #63
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Car politicians, their paycheck trickles down from the big kickbacks by the highest bidder.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #64
Impact

Oh and some of you think a car has be compared only to it's performance. Just because a car is faster then another car doesn't make it the better car. Motor Trend compares, ride, handling, looks, gas milage, build quality. So just because the Camaro SS is faster, alot of magazines prefer the V6 Camaro over it because of alot of reasons. Performance isn't everything.

I remember my friend Neil (who drives an 03 Cobra) going off and ranting about either Car and Driver or Motor Trend saying the RX-8 was a better sports car then the 2003-2004 Cobra and 2003-2004 350Z. Even though the Cobra pulled a 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and quartermile of 12.8 and the 350Z pulled a 0-60 in 5.3 and quartermile of 13.9 they gave it to the slower RX-8. Performance isn't everything.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #65
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Why can no one answer my question.

Why is the Genesis even compared???

Why are Hyundai pos cars being compared to American muscle!?!?!?
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #66
Craig

Because it's a 2-door, RWD 300hp coupe? Just a shot in the dark.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 AM   #67
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact View Post
It seems you are for who ever rates your car better and against who every doesn't one year to the next.
We have a winner.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #68
Impact

How in the world did the Mustang win this much in Car and Driver's voting? This sort of makes me pissed because I had no idea they were that popular. We've been winning sales most of 2010, where people just waiting for the 5.0 and 305 v6 Mustang? I believe I'll make a thread about this.

Results

Which Fanboy Are You?

Camaro 5% - Votes: 12485
Results

Mustang 94% - Votes: 242657
Results

Neither 1% - Votes: 1696
Results

256909 total votes Back home
Old 05-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #69
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Actually reading that the Camaro's styling is already old and "cartoonish" calls into question their sanity. "The Camaro's no match for the GT." As if dude.
Hey enjoy that Genesis too, loser!
With this much sense these guys must still be trying to flip houses and get into the nasdaq stock boom.
"Old and Cartoonish" Are these guys mad?? It won the World Design Award and they have the nerve to call it cartoonish??!! What asses!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #70
Impact

If dude feels it's cartoonish then thats his opinion. They don't have to enjoy it's looks for me to enjoy it. The Camaro winning best looks is also just opinion but a select group of people. I've seen real ugly cars win best design as well and I thought they were hidious! The Genesis looks like ass on wheels but I've noticed alot of people think it's sexy. Half my friends think my Camaro isn't that good looking and my dipshit friend Jonathan says it's a big boat and it's ugly. He drives a 94 Z28 Camaro that looks like a TN Vols car because it's orange, with white stripes and a bra lol, so why should I care what he thinks? Or anyone thinks for that matter as long as I love my car? Now granted the rest of my friends think my car is hot!

I do get shit for having a V6 Camaro though and everyone says ''why didn't you get the V8'' and that gets old FAST! My friend Jonathan talked alot of trash but I told him I have more horse power then his Z28, 304(312 now) compared to his 275. He then said he had more torque, 325 compared to my 274. We decided to run them and he only pulled me 2 car lenths up to a 100, so I wasn't impressed, since his was a v8.