Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #141
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genJordan View Post
I have the ability to do so. Why do you go walk outside, because you have the ability to do so. Your opinion of what I did is just that, and opinion. Your perception of what I supposedly said and did over the internet doesn't matter in the real world. You can post all you want over the forum and you can delete any posts you want. Why, because that's what you have the ability to do so. If you supposedly didn't care about what happens to my car or me why are you still writing about it. Why are you letting this thread bother you. Your not paying my bill. I don't even live remotely close to you. Find something to do to keep yourself occupied.
You werent attempting to pay your own bill. Its been said before and will continue to be said, YOU PAY TO PLAY.
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 AM   #142
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What do you base this on? I have no intention of ever racing my Camaro and don't get the impression that MOST are racing theirs either. Its a place for people who share an interest in Camaros in general.
Go to the boltons/camaro vs/racing/brake/chassis/suspension/wheels and other sections and youll find plenty of guys modding and racing their Camaro. 1LE package is a track package, I guess most owners will at least race the car one time on a local track for fun. Sorry but most forum members have at least an exhaust or a CAI.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #143
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
I just read this entire thread, and I think I have a brain tumor.

That being said, I'll tell a quick story. Back in '02 I bought a Sentra SE-R SPEC-V. Nice little car, and pretty quick. They used a very weak tranny the first year. (This is why you never buy the first year of a new model).
The problem was the main bearing was too small to handle the torque. The motor put out 175/180. It also had a weak 1st gear lock out, and a sloppy shifter. My car was bone stock.
Long story short, when racing, it was easy to miss third and go back into 1st. This would instantly destroy the main bearing. I did this at 3k, and the dealer replaced the tranny no questions asked. It happened again at 6k, and the dealer told me, "We're not going to keep putting trannys in this car." I told him he would as long as the warrenty was good.
He asked if I was racing the car, and I said 'Yes". He said, "Well there you go. you voided the warrenty." I told him to turn around and look at the poster behind him. It depicted an SE-R SPEC-V hitting an apex on the track. Under the picture it said, "Race on SUnday...drive to work on Monday." Kind of like the 60's muscle cars. At this point the Asst. Service manager was in corner laughing. The Manager still refused to fixed it. I went home, called Nissan North America, and opened a claim. I recieved a call from the Service manager within 45 minutes apologizing and trying to back peddle from his comments. They ended up putting in an '03 tranny which had larger main bearings and an improved lock out.

TLDR:
Don't post mod info on this site.
The GM Reps on here are not always here to help YOU.
You can race a car without voiding your warrenty, IF it was designed that way (1LE, ZL1, Z-28)
The internet is forever.

</rant>

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #144
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
That's a great story Kid, it reminds me of a 2011 Camaro SS that came into my dealership about two years ago for a vibration while driving any speed. Upon inspection we found the drive shaft was ready to fall out because the rear yoke was twisted and cracked. We checked for bulletins and found one for an updated yoke so without question we replaced the driveshaft and rear yoke. The service writer was asking why because it was not a defect, it was damaged due to excessive force and I said because it's an SS and they should have built it with parts that can take it!

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #145
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If you work for a law firm, have someone there look this up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

If everything you've reported here is 100% true, the dealer actions violate the above law.
This. I'm a paralegal, too. But it sounds to me from the research of everyone here... you've been lying. A lot. So suck it up and get out your checkbook, this seems to be no one's fault but your own.

Oh and btw, shit like this is why I will NEVER bottle feed my car.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #146
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
^^^This
</end thread>

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #147
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This. I'm a paralegal, too.
Just for the record, he never said he was a paralegal, just said he wasn't the janitor. I don't know of ANY paralegals that write so poorly and are so ignorant of the basic concept of law.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #148
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This. I'm a paralegal, too. But it sounds to me from the research of everyone here... you've been lying. A lot. So suck it up and get out your checkbook, this seems to be no one's fault but your own.

Oh and btw, shit like this is why I will NEVER bottle feed my car.
Theres a lot of ignorance about nitrous. Its not any worse than FI. Just use all the safety parts needed with nitrous and you can use it a lot without problem. I never had problem with nitrous on my 4th gen Camaro.

Theres a lot of horror stories with FI too. Modded cars are at risk.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #149
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
You can bring up anything posted in the past what matters is that the only real people who got to see the car took apart the motor had the car for over a month the second time and could only come up with the pistons and valves were too clean. They had my motor apart the first time in service and still came up with the pistons were too clean. So you can bring up anything posted. You were not the technician who physically took apart the motor and inspected it.
Sounds like a child here.

Quote:
Which reminds me I better go delete my search history. Don't want to spoil a surprise I got for my gf. Thanks for reminding me nothing is deleted forever over the web captain obvious.
...and a mad child here.....

Dude....just pay for it....its your fault, you know it, we know it, the dealer knows it. Like a child with a crayola in his hand and writing on the wall, but yet "i didnt do it" is all the child can say......

TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #150
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I think everyone here could enjoy this. I feel its relevant.

K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #151
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Theres a lot more horror stories about nitrous because a lot more people can afford the nitrous kits compared to FI. Not because its worse.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote