Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
SixSixVette

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Procharged
For Sale: Factory Sub Box

SOLD on 6/22/2010

I just purchased an SS/RS with the factory MTX sub box installed by the dealer. This is the trunk mounted, rear facing, twin 10 inch speaker system. I am upgrading the stereo system and will not be using this setup.

Jim C

Last edited by SixSixVette; 06-23-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Item Sold
SixSixVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
will this include the necessary hardware for installation? i do not have the BA system will this still work?

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
SixSixVette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
will this include the necessary hardware for installation? i do not have the BA system will this still work?

I have the BA system as well. This adds significant bass capabilities, however I am taking my system to another level. It will come with everything 100%. This is an OEM system so it will have all of the factory hardware and wireing for a simple install in about an hour. I do not have the original packing material, but I will package it BETTER than the OEM packaging and insure the item in shipment.

Jim C
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

i think the fact that this system is 700 even ebay or gmpartsdirect is silly...comparable systems...even better systems...cost far less...individually buying the parts still comes out to 400-500. ill throw my hand in the mix $500 plus whatever shipping is to 01085

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
SixSixVette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
i think the fact that this system is 700 even ebay or gmpartsdirect is silly...comparable systems...even better systems...cost far less...individually buying the parts still comes out to 400-500. ill throw my hand in the mix $500 plus whatever shipping is to 01085

I have received several offers on this system. I will consider all offers that are less than my asking price over the next couple of days. I hear what you are saying and I have considered the same points you make. But the OEM also has some advantages that I will miss and you may want to consider as well.

-It is a true plug-n-play system. No extra wiring throughout the car for power and other speaker crossovers.

-It is significantly smaller than some of the other systems on the market, thus more trunk space.

-It has an excellent mounting system which properly secures it in place in the unfortunate event of an accident or an aggressive turn.

-It is an OEM system and will not take away from the value of your car. It just may be that "RARE" option some years from now that we all wish we had put on our order list.

-It is a fully self contained unit that is easily installed and removed later if needed.

In the end I am not saying that I think a $1000 price tag is appropriate for this system. But that is what they cost and I have discounted a very slightly used system accordingly. If you want the Factory sub option, I think mine is extremely competitively priced. If you want to go another route...then there are many cheaper and/or more expensive options out there. If mine does not move soon, I will consider all offers and may get back with you soon.

Thanks.
Jim C
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

******** has almost the exact same box for 149...an amp for lets say 200...subs...mtx's go for like 79 a piece i think i saw...so 160 (really GM is making MTX look like the GOD of sound systems with their pricing)....all together 509...sounds like a good deal to me...right in the middle of a comparable system (400) and your price

Old 06-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
SixSixVette

PRICE DROP!!!

First $650 shipped takes it.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
jcchevy
jcchevy.com

Drives: 04 Silverado, 10 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixVette View Post
PRICE DROP!!!

First $650 shipped takes it.
Best price around for sure, would have jumped on it but just got my ******** dual 12" box delivered for my 2 12" MTX's I had from my previous sound system, so no going back now

2004 Silverado 4x4 | 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
jcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
PM Sent
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
SixSixVette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcchevy View Post
Best price around for sure, would have jumped on it but just got my ******** dual 12" box delivered for my 2 12" MTX's I had from my previous sound system, so no going back now
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to a much LARGER all around sound system real soon myself. This box sounds awsome, but I am doing a complete system upgrade next.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
SixSixVette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
PM Sent
PM replied.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
ta421

Drives: dont have
what is the GM part number for everything ?
ta421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
SixSixVette

Got me at the moment. But there are several threads in the audio tech section that you can search for that info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta421 View Post
what is the GM part number for everything ?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
SixSixVette

SOLD!!