Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #29
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgrenon View Post
Good point, also can we find out if I can do it with the top down? It'll help with the visiblity with a helmet on.
While I'm not the ultimate authority on this, I would have to say, based on how many "open wheel" drivers there were last year, YES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
2. ive got a full face helmet for snowmobiling...can i use this for autox or?
It depends on the rating. While the SCCA isn't as strict on helmet ratings as some of the other clubs (from what I understand), there is a specific safety spec and number (year) that the helmet must meet. I'll see if I can find it on their web site.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #30
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgrenon View Post
Good point, also can we find out if I can do it with the top down? It'll help with the visiblity with a helmet on.
I am pretty sure you can have the top down. the vette's and lotuses run without their targa roof...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #31
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
im in for the show..and a maybe for the autox...2 questions

1. chuck...can you get me a dale jr style 88 for my car?

2. ive got a full face helmet for snowmobiling...can i use this for autox or?
For helmets, if it has a SNELL rating of 2000 or higher (2005, 2010) it can be used. Older DOT helmets are not allowed
Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #32
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
It's a week after my birthday. I might be sober by then.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #33
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I have a fun little something we can give out too - Maybe for the fastest track time.
(I only have one right now - I can work on finding more for each trophy we give out)
Old 06-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #34
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
This was from last year. What do you think, Dan? Are us V6'ers in the G class?

Oh, I see what you mean - I think what Dan meant by that was additional LED lights (actually, we have HID's not LED's on the RS), such as Chris has with this Knight Rider light bar. And non-stock installed spoilers. But to your point, what about those with the additional body packages? Some had them installed stock, and some had them installed aftermarket? I see some grey lines here...
We'll see how I drive this year...I hope it's better than last year...I only have upwards from my starting point...
The V6's should be in the G class. And for it to be considered stock it has to be an option on the car from the factory for the year of the vehicle. It doesn't necessarily need to have come that way, as long as it was an option.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #35
600hp-lpe

I just read through the rulebook... V-6's are in G Stock.

Although.. If I were Charlie (chevy 3), I would class my car in F-stock and kick some V-8 ass... like he did last year.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #36
molloni
Capt. Organization!

First off, for race29, check THIS THREAD from last year. It was more than just the autocross too, as we had our own car show, and NEC5 meet and greet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Okay, enough, move this to the other thread!
indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
You can be like some of the other people and wrap the front in blue painter's tape to protect against cone marks.
You were the one who recommended this...as the expert, we all listened to you...so, as you can see in Charlie's sig, we all have blue tape...but it was that blue tape that gave me the idea to stripe my car the way I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Quote:
I'll make sure Capt'n clipboard has an instructor to guide him along the righteous path this year.
I think that was his problem last year. He was trying to listen to what the instructor was telling him and he wasn't driving fast. He got better as the day went on though...
EXACTLY! I am not taking anyone with me this year...I have a plan for learning the track though in the morning, but I really don't think I'm having a ride along...my driving was disgraceful for autoX...but it shows you my mother did a good job teaching me to drive as a kid...I swear I heard her telling me to slow down that day....hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
You should just hookup a tow cable and tow him around.
interesting idea...
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #37
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Quote:
I guess I'll have to have Nick go for a ride with me if he can't find his way.
Dan, I would LOVE to do a lap through the course in your car! I'll be there all day, so if there's a point in time when I can go along, just let me know.

Does anyone have an extra helmet? The one I used last year has expired...I know they have loners there, but just in case...
Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #38
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
Dan, I would LOVE to do a lap through the course in your car! I'll be there all day, so if there's a point in time when I can go along, just let me know.

Does anyone have an extra helmet? The one I used last year has expired...I know they have loners there, but just in case...
I don't think my "special" helmet is racing approved

Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #39
molloni
Capt. Organization!

since everyone's keeping an eye out for this weekend for RICOA, I figured I would this up to the top.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #40
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Is it the 14th for sure? I want to do the auto-x. I am all stock. What about a number for the car, how do I find out what number I can use?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I'm def going f -stock. See if I can hold my own (I love a challenge ). Chris I'll see what I can do for 88 decals.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #42
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Is it the 14th for sure? I want to do the auto-x. I am all stock. What about a number for the car, how do I find out what number I can use?
definitely the 14th. As for numbers, when you sign up for the event (600 will give the web site and all when it's ready to open for sign-up), you can pick a number then. If the number isn't already taken for your class, you can take it. A few of us did our favorite NASCAR driver numbers last year.