Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #57
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
If not you pay court costs!
You obviously have never been in small claims before.

There isn't any court cost. You don't go to court. Hell you don't even see a judge. It's all done in the magistrates office. If you lose the only thing you are out of is the 10 mins it takes to do the whole thing and the $50 filing fee that you had to pay up front to start with.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #58
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
That isn't even close to what you implied earlier when you posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're just trying to antagonize people at this point for whatever reason b/c it seems like you're trying to start an argument intentionally. You might succeed, but it won't come from me.
This.

Deadmike is one of those antisocial folks who insist on purposely pissing people off, just as long as it's legal to do so.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #59
rez333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
How? What if a fellow Camaro owner parked next to you? Would you think he did it to be a dick, or because he knew that you are careful with your car, so you obviously won't be dinging his - as he won't be dinging yours?

Now, what if that same Camaro driver happened to be driving a different car? Automatically, he's being a dick? He might just think that parking next to you gives him a better chance of not getting dinged, since you obviously care about your car.
Yes. If I park at the far end, and you park next to me when the lots around me are empty - you are a dick regardless of what you drive and what your intentions are. I have made my intentions clear by parking in the middle of nowhere and you have disregarded them - therefore = dick.

Social rehabilitation class over.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #60
rez333

I think I need to make a set of business cards that I can put under people's wipers.

They will read:

Asshole. I park on the far end to avoid people parking next to me, and you have disregarded my efforts by parking next to me when there are many other empty spaces. You sir/madam are a sociopath.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #61
rez333

I talked to my colleague about this, and he said that if I made those cards I'd be giving the other driver a trophy. He said that people see a nice car and purposely park their POS car next to it to piss the other driver off out of jealousy.

It's like "I can't afford such a nice car, so I'm going to park my beater next to yours just to bink you on the nose". It's like the bully mentality - they have to show they are better through bullying.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #62
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I'm going to go ahead and assume you're just trying to antagonize people at this point for whatever reason b/c it seems like you're trying to start an argument intentionally. You might succeed, but it won't come from me.
I'm arguing both points.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
DeAdMiKe187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Yes. If I park at the far end, and you park next to me when the lots around me are empty - you are a dick regardless of what you drive and what your intentions are. I have made my intentions clear by parking in the middle of nowhere and you have disregarded them - therefore = dick.

Social rehabilitation class over.
I guess we agree to disagree, since you are saying that the person is a dick, no matter their intentions.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #64
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I don't think the officer even bothered to get the people's information but I'm going to call the records office tomorrow to verify. After closer inspection of the damage today it's even worse than I thought and I believe the entire door will have to be repainted so I'm not just going to let it go as I'd planned. I called Geico today as I over heard the lady's husband mention that was his carrier but they couldn't do anything with only a tag number. Hopefully I can at least get the people's name. I may lose but $50 is worth the chance to save upwards of $1K.

Last edited by jeremy3721; 08-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.
jeremy3721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #65
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
***kers!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #66
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Any thoughts on Dr colorchip once I get the dent removed? The paintless dent guy I'm going to use is pretty good and I think he'll get that out 100%. I'm not sure what I should do after that's fixed though (try to do it myself or take it to a paint shop) I haven't cleaned up the door good yet in case I need more photos for insurance but I'll probably go ahead and polish it up (and remove the bits of their paint) tomorrow to see how much of my paint is damaged.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #67
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
WHAT A GREAT THREAD!! So true , you park all the way to the end and some jerk parks right next to you. I will take up 2 spots and sometimes 4 , i only do it at the farthest point and i dont give a shit who gets pissed , they can kiss my ass if they dont like it. ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
DeAdMiKe187

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
I will take up 2 spots and sometimes 4 , i only do it at the farthest point and i dont give a shit who gets pissed , they can kiss my ass if they dont like it. ,
And people wonder why some people think Camaro drivers are a-holes. And people also wonder why other people key their cars. Guys, stop making yourselves targets.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #69
MoneyMike

Drives: 2009 Aveo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
Any thoughts on Dr colorchip once I get the dent removed? The paintless dent guy I'm going to use is pretty good and I think he'll get that out 100%. I'm not sure what I should do after that's fixed though (try to do it myself or take it to a paint shop) I haven't cleaned up the door good yet in case I need more photos for insurance but I'll probably go ahead and polish it up (and remove the bits of their paint) tomorrow to see how much of my paint is damaged.
Dr Colorchip worked wonders on my bright blue Aveo. My dad has some of that stuff for his Camaro as well. We are going to order some for my mom's truck eventually.

Speaking of my mom's truck... A few weeks ago, me and my mom went to take some yard waste in at a local dump site. This guy pulls up next to us, not paying attention, and just throws his door into my mom's front passenger door. I didn't hear anything, as I was behind the truck, emptying the yard waste, in my own world. Although, I did hear my mom yelling about something. Knowing her, I thought she was rambling about what I was doing. When I got done, I jumped back in the truck, and she told me what happened. I wasn't paying attention, and didn't see any damage at the place. My mom still insisted on getting the guy's plate. When we got home, I took another look, and sure enough, it's a pretty good ding. With the info, she called the police. They couldn't do anything (non-traffic incident), and suggested to call the insurance. They couldn't do anything either. My dad said that Dr Colorchip should help it considerably.

All in all, I hate morons who don't pay attention to what they are doing, park so damn close to your car, and just throw the door into your car without even saying "sorry". I don't care if the car I take out is my Aveo or my dad's Camaro or my mom's truck (theoretically implying that the Camaro and truck were mine), watch what the hell you do around my car.

Also, for those talking about things like this happening out of envy, let me leave you with this:
Attached Images

MoneyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #70
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I suppose I will never understand some people...

I don't have an extremely amazing car, but I do LOVE my Mazdaspeed 3. I park it as far away as possible from people. If I have to park in a full lot I will park next to an island and hug as close to it as possible. I still have two door dings...

The other night, leaving a Publix, I watched a women empty her groceries into her SUV and watch the cart roll slowly into an adjacent car. She just watched it roll, then hopped into her SUV, and started to back out.

Normally I am a pretty reserved person but I couldn't hold back from making a comment. I walked over to the cart, pulled it off the other car (which then blocked her from leaving) and placed the shopping cart right behind her bumper as she was getting ready to leave. She just started at me until I walked away.

As she got out of her car, disgusted, I told her she should learn to clean up after herself because her mom didn't tell her how. She looked at me and shook her head in disgust.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote