Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #15
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyG View Post
I finally got to take this beauty on a few turns after having the bushing reclocked (bush timing) and the alignment set to aggressive street Pfadt specs. Very impressed with the Pfadt Racing set up. Feels more like a sports car now! You can really feel the improvement with the sway bars.
Yea, my last Camaro had the same set up. The mechanic that drove my car after installing Pfadt said, "This is the way it should of come from the Factory".

Enjoy I bet its like having a new car all over again!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Yea, my last Camaro had the same set up. The mechanic that drove my car after installing Pfadt said, "This is the way it should of come from the Factory".

Enjoy I bet its like having a new car all over again!!!!!
It really is! Turns are much more fun to take now. As far as the drop, I can see why gm had it setup the way they did. I think it's all around more comfortable to drive at oem height . Drop it an inch or so and all of sudden you have what you paid for, A sports car!

How's that 14' 1LE? How would you compare it to your last camaro? I believe other than the 1.25" drop the 1LE has a similar set up as well as far as sway bars correct?(zl1 sway bars)
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyG View Post
It really is! Turns are much more fun to take now. As far as the drop, I can see why gm had it setup the way they did. I think it's all around more comfortable to drive at oem height . Drop it an inch or so and all of sudden you have what you paid for, A sports car!

How's that 14' 1LE? How would you compare it to your last camaro? I believe other than the 1.25" drop the 1LE has a similar set up as well as far as sway bars correct?(zl1 sway bars)
I would say that the 14 is a softer ride and the corners seem to absorb or load different. With my springs and sways on the 2011 seemed stiff. Not bad just different feel, it may be based on the shock design.
Funny I am not sure if the sways are like the ZL1 or not. I will need to look that one up.
I will know more as I get to track the car.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Found this,

"ZL1 and 1LE have the same part number rear sway bar, and the 1LE front sway bar is only 1mm larger than the ZL1 front sway bar so really there is just a very small difference, we bought our zl1 sways long before the 1LE was even heard of but if I were you I would go 1LE for the 1mm larger front sway"
Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
tonyG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Found this,

"ZL1 and 1LE have the same part number rear sway bar, and the 1LE front sway bar is only 1mm larger than the ZL1 front sway bar so really there is just a very small difference, we bought our zl1 sways long before the 1LE was even heard of but if I were you I would go 1LE for the 1mm larger front sway"
I thought the Pfadt Racing ZL-spec sways were the same as ZL1 and 1LE but after losing a bracket and having to search for a replacement since Pfadt has closed I measured the sways and they're are both 32mm front and back. Pedders also have the same set up, but unfortunately they're no longer around either. Glad i was able to get this setup before the closure of the two top suspension companies for theses cars… I hope others come out with similar parts and fulfill the demand.
tonyG is offline   Reply With Quote