Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
MAZZ77X
www.njminigp.com

Drives: 2010 IOM SS M6
Lowering Springs...... What are my options???

I am very impressed with the way the BMR 1.4" & 1.0 combo looks. Absolutely love the subtle rake and profile of the car.

My question is what other options do I have when wanting this type of lowering and who makes the best product. So far I'm leaning heavily towards the BMR springs but that's just solely based on the pics of there car.

Links and prices would be great as well as referrals.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Anthony
Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The BMR staggered drop is the only staggered drop I am aware of. We offer that set up for $235.

Pfadt 1.25 inch lowering springs are our best sellers. They improve handling and do a really good job of maintaining ride quality. They run $330 shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
Hey guys, I just bought my Pfadt drop springs from Chase at Apex. They are awesome. The instructions are some of the best I've seen yet. Awesome product, no squeeks, and the perfect drop. The rears do rub every once in awhile, but it's not that bad.

Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakestang65 View Post
First off, many thanks to Chase at Apex! I ordered a set of the Pfadt springs from Apex and they were out for delivery that same day! They came in yesterday evening. The install was not difficult, the 2 most time consuming events of the install was getting the car off the ground and removing the sway bar end links. Goofing around (taking my time) I had the entire job done including cleanup in about 3.5 hours... Took the car in this morning for an alignment and just got back from the test drive...

I cannot say enough good things about the way the car handles now!! I wish I would have done this months ago! The ride is not quite as compliant as prior, but it is not rough by any means. Just a bit firmer... The car does not feel quite as heavy as it did with the stock springs. Cornering is nice and flat. I cannot say enough good stuff about the engineering that Pfadt has put into these springs! The drop height and ride is perfect.

Many thanks again to Chase and Victoria at Apex!

Pfadt, you have a great product!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Got my Pfadt lowering springs thanks to Chase @ Apex Motorsports. Did a self-install yesterday and was pretty easy. Any body can do it as long as you have a T50 torx wrench.....had to run into work to pick one up

Now the car handles like how it should.....feels like as if it were on rails and I don't know if its me or not, but I think it has a better ride quality than the stock suspension.....no bounce or pounding at all!!! I'd recommend these to anybody looking a good set of lowering springs....Pfadt nailed it on this one!!
Before Pfadt

After Pfadt

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The BMR staggered drop is the only staggered drop I am aware of. We offer that set up for $235.

Pfadt 1.25 inch lowering springs are our best sellers. They improve handling and do a really good job of maintaining ride quality. They run $330 shipped.

Before Pfadt

After Pfadt

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.
Chase,

Do you have any input on the Hotchkis springs as to ride, not on the ss but on the v6? I don't know if the shock valving is the same as the ss and all seem to make the springs tuned, if they do, to the ss.Don't want a bad combo.

Thanks
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
I have the Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit and it rides and handles great.

[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/fenemij/DS****01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/fenemij/DS****06.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/fenemij/DS****15.jpg[/IMG]
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I have the Pfadts and love them. Also added the sways and love them as well. Has anyone had a problem with alignment with the 1.4in drop on the BMR's?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #6
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Chase,

Do you have any input on the Hotchkis springs as to ride, not on the ss but on the v6? I don't know if the shock valving is the same as the ss and all seem to make the springs tuned, if they do, to the ss.Don't want a bad combo.

Thanks
I don't have much first hand experience with the Hotchkis springs on this car so I can't really speak on it. We have had excellent results with the Pfadt springs on both V6 and V8 applications.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #8
silverfox

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Just get the Pfadt coilovers and you can adjust the height anyway you want.Then if you don't like the look adjust again!
LS2 Darton sleeved 427 stroker.Callies dragonslayer crankshaft. Callies I beam rods. Wiseco blower pistons. Mast cnc 12 degree big bore ls3 heads-2.2 intake &1.6 ex. 6 bolt 270cc-.750 deck. Lunati link bar lifters.T&D roller rockers.COMP-VA. Speed special cam 605 lift, 238dur. Procharger F1R @15psi. ARH headers with custom 3'' exhaust all the way.Magnaflow mufflers. QTP cutouts.Rossler built 6l80e trans. DSS 1400hp axles.
Pfadt suspension.-Coilovers, sway bars,motor mounts,trailing arms. Aeromotive eliminater pump.
907rwhp.
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I have the Pfadts and love them. Also added the sways and love them as well. Has anyone had a problem with alignment with the 1.4in drop on the BMR's?
The front alignment slots in the struts have plenty of adjustment to accommodate the 1.4" drop, it's mainly the rear where you run out of adjustment, and it's a rare occasion. We did a lot of testing with the 1.4" drop springs and it is the absolute lowest point you can go and still stay within specs in the rear. Every once in a while we'll run across someone that falls out of spec in the rear but never in the front. This is why the split drop kit is so popular for us. 1.4" in the front and 1" in the rear is very easy to align. While our 1" drop springs are our most popular, we sell almost as many split drop kits...
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote