Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSBMCS View Post
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old
If you didnt have an iPod it would be easy as drag and drop!

iTunes SUX!

Go the mp3 way on your mp3 play ...way more versatile. Yeah who needs CD's in yor car anymore, they are a nuisance to me!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #16
lucerovski

Drives: '02 Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS
Send a message via MSN to lucerovski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS View Post
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

Yes, but the AUX jack is standard. You won't be able to control your MP3 player through the car stereo, but you can still listen to your tunes.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yeah, the aux input means even the cheapest digital music player can be played through the stereo, so if you're not getting the USB port (I'm not) you're still good. It doesn't bother me that I can't control the ipod through the car's controls, as I just set it on a playlist and let it go anyway.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #18
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just bought my first mp3 player, partly because the Camaro I have ordered will be able to play it. I bought a zune 120. I've never been a fan of Apple stuff. No issues getting the songs from the computer to the player.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #19
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
USB Ipod connection! who needs CDs??
i use CDs in the truck. when i got the new head unit, it was an upgrade over the AM radio (FM antenna input shorted out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ28 View Post
Also, if the CD player supports MP3 files directly, as most do now, then you can put something like 20 hours of music on a single CD (depending on compression).
compressed music... but then again, i'm an audio engineer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS View Post
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!
optional for 1LT
standard for 2LT & 2SS
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #20
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSBMCS View Post
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old
Pretty easy to do it. Just down load itunes. Once you link your ipod to your comp, its pretty much automatic after that.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #21
Liberty1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS; 2010
For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft.

Meet Black Betty...
Liberty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty1 View Post
For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft.
I like Itunes but it comes with it's own shackles. I would have next to no complaints if I could find a simple way to get Itunes to rescan my mp3 directory to detect any changes I've made, right now it's a serious headache IMO.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
you should be able to put music on a flash drive,which would be easier than an ipod

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #25
Tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ28 View Post
I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.
Well it makes it harder for doofuses to mess up their ipod, and it added another layer to the DRM protection. With DRM headed the way of the dodo as far as music though that part is less of an issue than it used to be.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
for those who don't know, iPods can be used as external hard drives. to listen to the music, it has to be loaded throught the software, but for just transporting, copying, moving files - you use it just like a USB drive. that's the reason i bought my last one (that & i got a $180 discount for buying a computer). i used it to transfer my small audio & video projects to & from school.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #27
CamaroBaby

Drives: Camaro
multi still woulda been nice tho =\
i mean i have an ipod and prollii will end up useing that, buht it seems like a hassle to me.
haha, im so use to just pressing tee CD buttons.
i feel lazy now XD
CamaroBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:37 AM   #28
Tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBaby View Post
multi still woulda been nice tho =\
i mean i have an ipod and prollii will end up useing that, buht it seems like a hassle to me.
haha, im so use to just pressing tee CD buttons.
i feel lazy now XD
If you listen to more than 6 cd's the mp3 player route saves the hassle of changing CD's which makes the mp3 player the lazy route IMO.