Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #43
Justcallme61

Drives: 2000 honda accord v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikarus View Post
no, not really. it means Fly Wheel.

If you looked you would see I own a 2SS and would more than likely know the car is RWD, but you wanted to toss that fail slam to badly.

It happens, I do it to myself routinely.
Lol. Type fwhp into google and you'll find front wheel horsepower every time. There's fwhp and rwhp, and almost every single time its front and rear, respectively. I did see that you have a 2SS, but you would be surprised what people don't know about their cars. This is a stupid argument, though, so I'm just gonna stop.

To get back on topic, I agree with what everyone has said so far. There's always the aftermarket to make your car exactly how you want.
Justcallme61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #44
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Whining

Life lesson: Nothing is free!
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #45
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
Great post greenrail. Dude you really should have done your homework, i wanted the 1lt because i didn't want the leather but wanted the c/c package. Did you look at a car before you bought it. I love the 1lt interior, i thought the gauges didnt look too great where they were and i didn't want the leather heated seats either. I know i'll be happy when my car gets here, any day!!!!!!!
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #46
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
Great post greenrail. Dude you really should have done your homework, i wanted the 1lt because i didn't want the leather but wanted the c/c package. Did you look at a car before you bought it. I love the 1lt interior, i thought the gauges didnt look too great where they were and i didn't want the leather heated seats either. I know i'll be happy when my car gets here, any day!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Had I needed this car for a daily driver, I would have gone with much less than I did. I think it is a wonderful car.

LS - Great Starting point - FBODFATHER - has pointed out it is a blank canvas on which to build.

1LT and 2LT - Great comfortable coupe with side benefiots of great gas mileage and good performance

1SS and 2SS - Great Bang for the Buck. Great Looks and pretty decent all around performance coupe.

AS far as I am concerned, GM did one heck of a job covering a pretty broad range inthe marketplace. Just wait until the Convertible and Z28 hit the streets. Zowie!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #47
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
My wife specifically got the 1LT because she's a crazy animal rights person and refuses to have any leather. That trim was almost perfect for her. She was able to upgrade the sound system, wheels, etc.
Wow, crazy is an understatement if a leather wrapped shift knob is too much! Hmmm....just for her I'm going to run out and grab 1/3 lb Angus burgers at McDonald's for everyone.

That said, I don't care at all for leather interiors in cars. Like the leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, but that's where it ends. Took me forever to find our 2004 Suburban because I wanted every option EXCEPT leather seating.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #48
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justcallme61 View Post
Lol. Type fwhp into google and you'll find front wheel horsepower every time. There's fwhp and rwhp, and almost every single time its front and rear, respectively. I did see that you have a 2SS, but you would be surprised what people don't know about their cars. This is a stupid argument, though, so I'm just gonna stop.

To get back on topic, I agree with what everyone has said so far. There's always the aftermarket to make your car exactly how you want.
I typed in google, Fort Williams Historical Park pops up a bunch, we both are wrong!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #49
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
The 1LT is a great buy. The leather Wrap and Connectivity are not bad for the extra money either. Should've known exactly what you were buying.

Personally I did'nt want the gauges because of my only disappointment with the car interior - lack of room in the console. I came from a Toyota Tundra so I was spoiled with a 'carton' as a storage box in the console, but the '010 Camaro console needs more storage room. Even the old 2nd Gens had more console storage space.

The gauges not being there gives extra room for change, sunglasses, etc., which is more or less why I did'nt want them. Beside, outside of Oil Pressure, the rest of the gauges are unnecessary as far as I'm concerned. Looking at the console to read those values during driving is not a great idea either. They put that cluster there for retro affect and I like it ... on other cars, not mine.

Leather wrap, sure would've been nice, but I'm not disappointed at all with the plastic .. and I do not compare the console storage on the Tundra to the Camaro, that's unfair and foolish. Enjoy what you have. Every car has their up and down points. The Camaro has way too many positive points for me to concentrate on the negative ones. My biggest beef is visibility - blind spots - out the back corners of the car from the drivers seat, but I knew that when I bought it and am adapting. I can see that being a major factor in future Camaro's though. the blind spots are not good at all. BUT ... I LOVE THIS CAR !
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #50
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
It seems like GM makes you pay more for little things and imports are including them as standard in their cars.
I've always noticed just the opposite. American brands tend to give you more standard than their foreign counterparts.

A Toyota/Honda loving co-worker of mine said, after I made a similar statement, that the American brands HAVE to include more standard in order to compete. (ie- get you to overlook the shoddy reliability) Of course, I disagreed...
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #51
KFH
1SS Victory Red Manual

Drives: 2010 1SS 6 Speed Manual
I think the C&C option package should be a standard feature on the 1LT Camaro.

1st Camaro - 77 Type LT Rally Sport, 3 Speed Manual, Inline 6 2nd - 94 Z28, 6 Speed Manual LT1 V8
3rd - 2010 1LT, 6 Speed Manual LLT V6 4th - 2010 1SS, 6 Speed Manual LS3 V8, RX Catch Can, Holley iNTECH CAI, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #52
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
I typed in google, Fort Williams Historical Park pops up a bunch, we both are wrong!
Acronym Definition
FWHP Fort William Historical Park (Thunder Bay, ON, Canada)
FWHP Flowing Well Head Pressure
FWHP Front Wheel Horsepower
FWHP Full Width at Half Peak
FWHP Friends of West Ham Park (London, England)

Fly Wheel Horse Power appears in NASCAR, search for NASCAR FWHP

So you're both right!
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #53
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
lol, yaay!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #54
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
um seriously:

2010 Chevy Camaro 1lt

v6- 304 FWHP

2004 Eclipse

2.4 liter L4 152 FWHP

just for starters.
Nuff said, quit your . Appreciate what you have.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #55
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I've always noticed just the opposite. American brands tend to give you more standard than their foreign counterparts.

A Toyota/Honda loving co-worker of mine said, after I made a similar statement, that the American brands HAVE to include more standard in order to compete. (ie- get you to overlook the shoddy reliability) Of course, I disagreed...
Strange...I was car shopping recently and it seemed like all the imports were well equipped with standard features compared to the american models where you paid extra for just about everything.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #56
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Strange...I was car shopping recently and it seemed like all the imports were well equipped with standard features compared to the american models where you paid extra for just about everything.
Please name the imports STANDARD with 425 H.P. ?
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote