Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-19-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
mombo390

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE Non-RS w/NPP & Recaro
My 1LE Saved My Life

Hey everyone, I would like to thank everyone on this forum for being so supportive to me through the ownership of my car. Unfortunately while I was going to work in the morning an idiot waiting to make a left cut right in front of me while it was my right of way and blocked both lanes horizontally and froze. In an attempt to avoid a fatal collision I swerved to the right and slammed on my brakes but I just didnt have enough time to save the camaro. I hit an 8 inch curb at about 40 miles an hour jumped over a sidewalk and landed in a ditch. Surprisingly the airbags did not deply but the subframe wheels axles suspension are all trashed. It looks like the car is going to be a write off. Sorry to spoil the good mood everyone always shares on this forum but I just thought I'd let everyone know. From the type of impact any other car would have caused massive damage to the occupant but the car held together incredibly well. I love my car and would buy another in a heartbeat.
mombo390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
R19

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Wow. I'm in the LA, and hope that you make it out ok without any pain or injuries that onset later. I just got a black on black one, and we hope that you can get a replacement. LA drivers...

Still plenty of 2015's around - Allen Gywnn has had a Red Hot 2SS 1LE in their showroom for quite a while.
R19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Glad you are OK, sorry for the loss of your ride. With the '16 being released soon, you won't have to wait long for replacement.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombo390 View Post
Hey everyone, I would like to thank everyone on this forum for being so supportive to me through the ownership of my car. Unfortunately while I was going to work in the morning an idiot waiting to make a left cut right in front of me while it was my right of way and blocked both lanes horizontally and froze. In an attempt to avoid a fatal collision I swerved to the right and slammed on my brakes but I just didnt have enough time to save the camaro. I hit an 8 inch curb at about 40 miles an hour jumped over a sidewalk and landed in a ditch. Surprisingly the airbags did not deply but the subframe wheels axles suspension are all trashed. It looks like the car is going to be a write off. Sorry to spoil the good mood everyone always shares on this forum but I just thought I'd let everyone know. From the type of impact any other car would have caused massive damage to the occupant but the car held together incredibly well. I love my car and would buy another in a heartbeat.

A camaro-grief stricken person would have found out where that idiot lives and had his way with his house and car at night.

Last edited by Bizaro; 04-19-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Bizro and I are always on the same page..........Glad you are OK though, cars can be replaced, you cannot...........
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
mombo390

Thanks guys I just came out of the ER looks like I have some spinal compression. So it looks like I might be on meds for a while. And to r19 I actually got my car from allen gwynn my cousin used to be the fleet manager there and he gave me the deal of a lifetime on my car. I hope I can get into another one soon!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombo390 View Post
Thanks guys I just came out of the ER looks like I have some spinal compression. So it looks like I might be on meds for a while. And to r19 I actually got my car from allen gwynn my cousin used to be the fleet manager there and he gave me the deal of a lifetime on my car. I hope I can get into another one soon!
Glad you are okay although it seems you did get hurt. The unveiling of the 2016 is in a few weeks so you could see what to expect and decide to get a 2015 or 2016.....best of luck to you.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Good luck to you. Sorry to hear about your injury. With everything said sounds like you got lucky. Car can be replaced, people can't.

I had something similar happen to me many years ago, guy pulled out of a driveway and panicked and hit the gas instead of brake, and t-boned me, which ended up rolling my car over. Got a disc protrusion in my back, with radiating pain etc.

I still count myself lucky as my son and wife were in the car, had my wife been sitting in the front seat like normally she does probably not be here today (that is the area that got crushed in the rollover) They both came out uninjured.

May you heal fast, sitting upside down taking pressure off spine really helped me heal.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #9
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. And like others, glad to hear you weren't too seriously hurt. Hopefully the injury you incurred will have a quick recovery. Prayers and well wishes sent your way.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #10
jumpshot233

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss 1le Summit White
Glad to hear you're okay, hope you to have you back in the saddle again soon.
jumpshot233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #11
mombo390

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone! I thank god I came out with only a slightly hurt back when it could have been much worse. Hope everyone has a safe and fun time with their cars I sure wish I could be cruisin in mine right now.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 AM   #12
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I have been in a few serious wrecks in my life and it is a bit more comforting everytime I find out the injuries are nonexistant or minimal with the camaro. Not trying to diminish your injuries at all, but it could have been alot worse it sounds like.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #13
SASQUATCHelvis

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Sorry to hear about the loss of your car, but the important thing is that you're ok.
SASQUATCHelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #14
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Bizro and I are always on the same page..........Glad you are OK though, cars can be replaced, you cannot...........
I trust you both are joking about the guy that caused this, but agree that all that really matters is that OP is ok.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote