Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #71
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I hear ya brother, no offense taken. Admittedly, my own sense of humor does take some getting used to. Glad to have ya aboard, anyone who will put down multiple paragraphs to help out a fellow C5'r is alright in my book!
Yeah, man, glad we could clear this up. Sorry for misunderstanding you and spouting forth with my own hate and discontent so quickly. Like I said, years of dealing with idiots on the internet has made me pretty intolerant and given me quite a short fuse when I suspect someone is being an ass.

But, yeah, I love this forum. I've been on here a few months now (bought my Camaro in December and joined the forum right afterwards), and I found this place to be a wealth of knowledge, and plenty of good people around here. And, yeah, I'm always willing to help someone out.

Edit: Maybe I can remove my foot from my mouth, now, lol.
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #72
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama 2SS/RS View Post
Yeah, man, glad we could clear this up. Sorry for misunderstanding you and spouting forth with my own hate and discontent so quickly. Like I said, years of dealing with idiots on the internet has made me pretty intolerant and given me quite a short fuse when I suspect someone is being an ass.

But, yeah, I love this forum. I've been on here a few months now (bought my Camaro in December and joined the forum right afterwards), and I found this place to be a wealth of knowledge, and plenty of good people around here. And, yeah, I'm always willing to help someone out.
Reflex, I know. Not to worry, I'm not easily offended.

You definitely are in the right place, there is no better community for passionate enthusiasts than C5. Helps that Camaro seems to have a way of creating camaraderie amongst strangers... Either way, good chatting with ya man. Friend request incoming.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #73
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
Go on......

Ben stop being a jerk!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #74
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
sometimes i think.. why didnt i go for the 1SS.. even without the RS package.. looks too good!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #75
richie34
richie34

Drives: black 1ss/rs
I HAVE A 1SS ALMOST BOUGHT THE V6,THE POWER OF THE V8 FEELS GOOD & MY 25YEAR OLD SON PLEADED WITH ME NOT TO BUY THE V6,NO DES RESPECT FOR WHOEVER HAS A V6,I ALWAYS HAD LEATHER IN MY CARS & TRUCKS SO IF YOU CAN DO WITHOUT LEATHER GO SS ALL THE WAY.MYS DEL 0N 08-14 -09
richie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #76
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
If the car is your daily driver, it really doesn't make much sense to get the 1SS. You'll spend more in insurance & gas. You're not racing the thing so getting to 60MPH half a second faster isn't much use. The cars have the same top speed. One will get you there faster, the other will keep you there longer. The V8 just sounds better. It's a shame Chevy charges so much for leather interior and limits the options this way. It is what it is, and at least there are options. For me the choice is 2LT or 2SS because I think the cloth just looks cheap, but the price difference just to get leather interior is substantial. You have to do what works out for you.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #77
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
If the car is your daily driver, it really doesn't make much sense to get the 1SS. You'll spend more in insurance & gas. You're not racing the thing so getting to 60MPH half a second faster isn't much use. The cars have the same top speed. One will get you there faster, the other will keep you there longer. The V8 just sounds better. It's a shame Chevy charges so much for leather interior and limits the options this way. It is what it is, and at least there are options. For me the choice is 2LT or 2SS because I think the cloth just looks cheap, but the price difference just to get leather interior is substantial. You have to do what works out for you.
---------------
You're right as far as the Daily-Driver comment, BUT... i wont go as far as saying the cloth-seats look cheap (they look like leathers from a distance) and best cloth-seats ive seen and felt so far!

Price difference between the v6 and the v8 is very reasonable and realistic..
You were talking as if it was only the leather-seats that gave the price difference... dont forget:
1) Engine (HP + Torque),
2) Brake system (Brembo)
3) Audio system Coustics (thats what its called i think lol)
4) Exhaust system (as far as im concern, the diameter of the mufflers manifolds are larger).
5) Interior Panels (exc. leather seats).

What else... and you really think the price difference is crazy..?

Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #78
BlackJacket

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
We have a 2LT and love it. Since this car was to be a daily driver over long distances, we opted for the V6 but boy did I want an SS. I test drove a '10 1SS and I fell in love. I do plan on buying the ZL1 which will more than make up for my broken heart.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #79
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
Mine's a DD. Lemme check real quick... Just talked to my right foot, and yep! Still makes sense to him!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #80
Archias
Corvette Canine

Drives: Black 2008 Corvette M6
I asked the same of myself. I went as far as to order a loaded 2LT/RS from the dealer, but after only a week I really started to second guess the decision. For the money spent on a 2LT I could have easily gotten the 1SS.

I couldnt justify to myself spending that kind of money and not getting the SuperSport. I checked the insurance difference with several companies and found one that was quite reasonable. But really it came down to do I want to spend $34000 on a V6 with a bunch of shiny trinkets, or a bare V8 that I can upgrade myself with my preferences?

Think about it, EVERYTHING that comes on the 2LT, be it HUD, Leather, Fiberglass interior, Bluetooth, etc...all of it can be done aftermarket to the 1SS for (relatively) cheap...however, it will be a FAR more expensive proposition to drop a V8 into a 2LT.

So the question then becomes are you willing to put the effort into modding the car? If you just want something thats neat and tidy out of the box for the sacrifice of fun and performance, than stick with the 2LT.

As for me, a week after ordering a 2LT, I called up the dealer and changed my order to a 1SS and I have no regretted it since. My two cents
Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #81
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Mine's a DD. Lemme check real quick... Just talked to my right foot, and yep! Still makes sense to him!
thank you. i guess some people just will not understand.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #82
r7
Camaro SS :o)

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to r7 Send a message via Skype™ to r7
SS All the way

Havn tht V8 roar doesnt compare to anythng else...

Luv my 2SS
Attached Images

r7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #83
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Quote:
mines a DD as well creapin up on 38k miles. im not baggin on the v6 for what it is its a great motor. but imo i "never" wanted to be forced saying "its only a v6"
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #84
Bonj87

Drives: Silverado S
i myself, WANT the 2SS.. yes, i want the con/con.. yes i want the leather.. yes, im a sucker for the 4 pack guages.. yes yes, and yes.
now.. i have a 403 stroker in my Silverado SS.. big V8 power there.. thats the weekend "lets go 12seconds or faster" vehicle.. but $125 a week in mandatory 93 octane fuel.. ugh.. the 2LT, getting what.. 29mpg.. (about 10 more than the truck).. cheaper ins.. decked out how I WANT the SS to be.. to me.. thats awesome sauce..
but.. if i had the money and budget.. or were wiling to trade the truck in.. Id be all in on an IBM 2SS.. but what i can AFFORD is the 2lt, and im currently window shopping for that.. cuz i cant find a bumble bee 2lt w\automatic..
everyone has thier tastes. i hear, and understand both arguements here... but i think anyone who even HAS a camaro (i will soon) is just happy to have one.
Bonj87 is offline   Reply With Quote