Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #295
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
That is the way the seats are on the 04 Denalis. I too have a bad back and just heat the back of the seat.
That's what I'm talking about...sometimes you just need heat to the back of the seat, not the whole thing, especially in summer...lol...
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #296
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
There's hardly ever any waiting at the pumps to fill on the passenger side!
Hi Teri, I have to agree with you on this one. I rarely have to wait to get to a pump, i'm liking it on the right side. Only complaint on gas tank is the near worthless cap holder, if the car is jarred by a closing door or a gust of wind the cap falls against the fender.

Other suggestions:

I discussed the power passenger seat with Scott at the Portland Car Show. GM is aware of the issue and it kinda sounded like they will be doing something about it even if as an option.

Interior lighting is non existant in the rear and too bright in front for the driver if a navigator is using the light. I like the map lights in my '06 Colorado.

Consider an easier interface on the Boston system for adding amps, like RCA outs.

Memory drivers seat.

Navigation.

Climate control. Single or dual zone.

I realize every improvement has it's associated cost but I would pay a little more to have some options available. The 2010 Camaro is already a value so I don't think a little more cost would hurt sales. Some of us boomer generation like performance as well as comfort.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #297
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro noob View Post
Oh, and would engine ticks maybe be solved with a push button start? Yes? No? Maybe so? I dunno.
Keyed, keyless, remote, hand crank. It doesn't matter what starts the engine it is going to behave the same until all the parts get lube on them.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #298
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdinger View Post
I'd like to see memory seating/mirrors. Power adjustable height for the passenger seat. Fog lights that are more usable on RS models,not jus DRL's.
Sorry for multiple posts. Have you actually loooked at how well the road is lit up with the HID lights. Better than any fog lights i've ever seen or used. I think some people just want funtional fog lights because either they think four lights are automatically brighter that two, or they think four lights look cooler than two.

I don't think fog lights will light the road directly in front of the car any better than the HIDs already do unless you add another set of HIDs which would probably be too bright overall to be legal. It would be a waste of money as well as an unneccessary added load on the electrical system.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #299
NoDak Scotty

Drives: Suburban/Z-71 CrewCab/1972 442 vert
- Keyless start; I hate diggin' for keys, espeically in bucket sets. I'll pay $500 for this option!
- Better interior lighting (Mood lighting)
- Copy the convertable's rear view mirror for better vis
- Memory seat with split bottom/back heating like the Tahoes
- Afterburner tailights on the RS models
- Shave 150 pounds
- Make the steering wheel less retro, more normal
- Keyless start
- Did I mention I will pay HUGE bucks for keyless start?!?!

Last edited by NoDak Scotty; 04-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
NoDak Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #300
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak Scotty View Post
- Keyless start; I hate diggin' for keys, espeically in bucket sets. I'll pay $500 for this option!
- Keyless start
- Did I mention I will pay HUGE bucks for keyless start?!?!
I'm just throwing this out there... You'd rather pay $500 than take a key out of your pocket just before you get in the car?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #301
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
cup holders location is pretty annoying for the 6M, but you know if that is all i can whine about great job GM .
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #302
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
Power Seat on Passenger side

My wife said there needs to be power adjustments on the passenger side. To raise the seat up.
2010 Camaro 2SS________________________________________Litho#140

Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #303
cmcghee559

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2
My wife just cannot see out of the passengers side...looks like I have to buy a pillow for her.........how about a kit so that we can fix the problem....love my ride
Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #304
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
That's what I'm talking about...sometimes you just need heat to the back of the seat, not the whole thing, especially in summer...lol...
The seats in my SS do that - I can have both on or just the back...

Is that a difference with the LT vs SS?? Seems odd..
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #305
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Two issues I have with the camaro one of which I can partially correct and the other I cannot at this time:

1. Better use or use in general of sound dampening throughout the car. I added my own in the trunk and can add it relatively easy under the seat. The rest however I dont want to have to remove my interior.
2. The oft echoed passender seat issue. Some way to at least raise and lower the seat would be great.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #306
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Two issues I have with the camaro one of which I can partially correct and the other I cannot at this time:

1. Better use or use in general of sound dampening throughout the car. I added my own in the trunk and can add it relatively easy under the seat. The rest however I dont want to have to remove my interior.
2. The oft echoed passender seat issue. Some way to at least raise and lower the seat would be great.

Cheers
K
Sound dampening? Did you install a loud exhaust or something? The Camaro has the least amount of road noise of any car I have driven, just sayin
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #307
NoDak Scotty

Drives: Suburban/Z-71 CrewCab/1972 442 vert
Dragoneye, I would pay $1000 for that option. I usually have my hands full as I get in the car, and the keys are always in the wrong pocket for the free hand. Plus, bucket seats, an expanding belly and blue jeans make a bad combo for diggin keys outa yer poket.
When I say keyless, I mean just have the keys in the car somewhere and you push a button. My Beemer has pushbutton start but I still have to insert the key.
NoDak Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #308
Buhmblbe
Growing Up=Optional

Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformers 2LT RS
I've always bought GM and this is my second Camaro(I had a '96 before we had kids)...WHOOT!! For the record this was my 40th birthday present and if I may quote a movie-sort of..."This car completes me." That said here we go...

If you're listening... here's my 2 cents-perhaps even full dollar (some repeats from others just to drive the point home):

1-Must illuminate the middle homelink button as a reference at night(no need to light them all up)
2-Power passenger seat with height adjustment
3-Breakaway mirrors/folding mirrors
4-Rear seatbelt height adjustment clips(like my '08 Impala)...some of us do have kids and they do sit back there...it's an issue of safety, not performance
5-?Deepen the wells on the cup holders? so they don't interfere as much with the shifter?
6-Navigation, Navigation, Navigation...Onstar has some great safety features, but truthfully...the nav option with them is a pain in the neck to use and I have had times where I was sent to the wrong place
7-Instant fuel economy on the DIC
8-Top mounted fuel door like Bumblbee/Leno's car as an option or part of the RS package...it just looks a lot more sporty/unique to me
9-Tap shift on the column not the wheel...you simply can't shift when turning the wheel the way it is now
10-Steering wheel audio controls-They should be placed in order of most used in the best ergonomic position ie)outermost position:
a)Seek up/down-all the way to the right-Have the one wheel work like this...push it and the wheel seeks normally to the next chanel...push the wheel again and now it cycles through the presets(ie)a three mode wheel like the mouse wheel on your computer
b)Volume behind the wheel like the '08 Impala
c)Source button in the middle top
d)Cycle through favoites/programmed channel blocks(ie-fav1 fav2 fav3 etc) middle lower button
e)get me help for my OCD compulsion with audio controls
11-PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE put a button on the autodimming feature so we can disable it...some of us are colorblind(more than you would think) and it is very difficult to see at night with the mirrors dimmed...This is another safety issue, not just a comfort/performance issue.
12-Offer some kind of front license plate holder that won't damage my paint for those of us that live in a state which mandates front license plates and are actually willing to comply with this law.
13-The rear corner blind spots...I don't know what can be done here but any improvement would be welcomed
14-This will sound (no pun intended) dumb, but is there a way to make the horn sound more aggressive...I feel like Tinker Bell throwing a fairy fit when I have to use the horn
15-The interior light is too bright for it's positional placement in the vehicle...others have already made great suggestions...
16-Please add a holder for the fuel cap so it doesn't sit on the paint at the pumps
17-Is there a way to widen the opening into the trunk space to match the width of the actual trunk door for those of us that golf, have strollers etc.
18-Memory sideview mirrors would be amazing
19-Integrated hard drive for the radio as an option so I don't have to keep bringing my Ipod/thumb drive with me
20-Just curious...why is the traction control button so huge? Maybe relocate that and add a secondary power port?
21-My wife would really like a light on the passenger side mirror
22-My 5 year old son would like the car to actually transform into Bumblebee and have functional cannons and a real voice.(I did buy the TFE afterall)
23-My 7 year old daughter would like to see pink, purple and rainbows offered as standard color paint options.

Thanks for your time.
-Glen