Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
C@m@roLVR

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Exclamation SS Bumper help & headlight question...

I'll be the first to admit that my Camaro was an impulse buy and I didn't think of getting the RS package. Now that i know what im missing out on, I'd like to change things up. Im looking into swapping my Lt bumper out for an SS bumper because im tired of the "dull" look. My question is..will the lower grill insert from the Lt bumper fit the SS lower grill space?? It might sound dumb to you Camaro experts, but i'm new to the game.. second question: I'm going to be purchasing Eagle eyes and im also ordering HID's and relay. Anyone know the bulb size for the eagle eye assembly???..please help. Thanks guy and gals!
C@m@roLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Don't feel bad i was just after 8 and six speed. I don't c how lower will work. i know SS was three bars and LT is two bars.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
C@m@roLVR

thanks bub.. looks like im going to be on the hunt for a lower insert.. sheeshh
Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Yeah, lower grill is different. Sure you could contact gmparts to get it.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
C@m@roLVR

A & V...That front bumper and Grille are sick...Ive been doing price checks on the heritage...almost 100% ready to buy one.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Aequitas & Veritas

Heritage is my favorite grille that's out there. You'll love it if you get it. Then you'll be thinking of painting it or not.

Always knew I wanted the grille and then decided to change my whole front at the same time.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Kangmaro
Kevin

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT - RS
In my case, I specifically wanted the v6 for the better gas mileage (& was satisfied with the hp because it has more than my 01 Firebird v6 did, or even a T/A from that year), and chose the RS because I didn't want just a base model car. But I've just never been all that crazy about the v6 front fascia.

It's the same as the SS from the top grille up... but from that point down it just lacks the low, wide, aggressive look I love about the SS.

I'm thinking about getting the Razzi front & side ground effects kit, as the Razzi is a mean looking front, and will give me that lower, wider look the SS has.

But I'm wondering if I should (instead of paying for 3 pieces of gfx, having them painted, then installed by a local shop)... just buy an SS front fascia and be done with it.

I'm not planning on being a poser and throw a red SS logo on it... (going to be keeping my RS badge), I just want that tougher look to the front if that makes sense?

So my question is does anyone know if an SS front fascia is compatible with a v6 body? I mean I know everything will line up exterior wise... but will the attach points be the same? Will all the male & female points line up so it can be attached?

And what would you all recommend, the gfx... or just the front fascia changeout. What's the ballpark price difference I'm looking at?

Any info will be helpfull. Thanks in advance guys... Kevin
Kangmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
Aequitas & Veritas

I would just do the front bumper swap. Easier, cheaper, and cleaner look.

It will attach. The only minor difference in attachment points is that of the wheel well covers. If you take it to a shop it'll be easy for them to work with it.

Mine was put on and they used all the same points. But if you look in the wheel well and look at the bumper the last clip is not in place because the sizes were just a tad bit off. Hardly noticeable, but I notice small details. (like tiny chips I have)

But 99.9% is a direct swap and looks good. Just remember you'll need a new lower grill, not sure on upper (i went heritage), and the black piece that goes in the slot.

Hope that helps
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Aequitas & Veritas

No idea. I didn't see the point. The v6 wells work excellent
Old 11-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
OP....before you just pull the trigger on Eagle Eyes, research your options. Do a search on HID retrofit. It's a little cheaper and better products IMO. You can also contact AAC who does a lot of lighting and talk with them about a retrofit vs EE.

I'm not telling you to not buy the EE....just research so you know all of your options before pulling the trigger.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
Kangmaro
Kevin

Thanks for the help so far guys... it's helping.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
Kangmaro
Kevin

& thanks Aequitas, very helpfull... and I notice tiny details like that too lol! I have two small nicks in my fascia right now from thrown gravel or something that are driving me nuts!

Do you have any pics of your swap by chance!? Just wondering how that wheel well thing looks when its done...
Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
Aequitas & Veritas

I can go take a photo within the next few hours. I have a break and have to run some errands anyways. I'll post it here. It's not as big as you'd expect from my description
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Aequitas & Veritas

Here it is.

This is really close. When you step back you see the bottom most part but no one has ever noticed it when I show them my car.

Tags
bumper, eagle eye, headlight, help!, hid