Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Toronto Auto Show Camaro+Friends

well first off looks like iv alredy been beaten by 2 other toronto people lol.

my day at the auto show was a blast. it started excellent being able to get in for free, thanks to some of the big boys at mazda. i went opening day friday the 13.

seeing the camaro was breath taking. seriously before goign to the camaro i had to pass the ZR1. i was able to actully touch the ZR1. but the camaro shortened my time with the ZR1.
they had 2 camaros in toronto. there was a Inferno Orange SS/RS with white stripes and a black lt. the SS/RS was a l99 car with the auto tranny while the Ls was v6 with a stick.

i have postives and negatives about the camaro tho
Positives:
-great body lines
-excellent paint
- agressive stance
- amazing quality interior and exterior parts
- quality of leather and cloth are both comfortable and good looking.

Negatives:
- the vynal stipes dont seem to durable as they were alredy starten to peel
- the auto gear box hides the 4 gauges pretty good.
- interior is not very roomy. im about 5,11 and fit fine but im skinny. to those big boned guys might have a situation
- the passanger dash is blah

Picture time.
first and formost the camaros competition. no challanger pics sorry i think weve all seen the car before lol.

2010 Mustnag GT

2010 Nissan 370Z

Evo X, Hyundai Genesis coupe, Subaru STI

EYE CANDY TIME
2010 Camaro SS/RS

Sorry i didnt take that many pics of the camaro.theirs are several but i spent more time sitting in it and admiring it. i didnt post pics of the lt cause all the pics were of me in it lol.

enjoy
Old 02-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Great pics
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Great pics, thanks! It's strange that they used cloth panels for the SS/RS interior.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
[QUOTE=SSmoked;290882]well first off looks like iv alredy been beaten by 2 other toronto people lol.

my day at the auto show was a blast. it started excellent being able to get in for free, thanks to some of the big boys at mazda. i went opening day friday the 13.

seeing the camaro was breath taking. seriously before goign to the camaro i had to pass the ZR1. i was able to actully touch the ZR1. but the camaro shortened my time with the ZR1.
they had 2 camaros in toronto. there was a Inferno Orange SS/RS with white stripes and a black lt. the SS/RS was a l99 car with the auto tranny while the Ls was v6 with a stick.

Positives:
-great body lines
-excellent paint
- agressive stance

Negatives:
- interior is not very roomy. im about 5,11 and fit fine but im skinny. to those big boned guys might have a situation

The reason the stripes don't seem durabe, is because of the idiots, which I personally observed at the show, picking at them with their nails. What the heck do you think is going to happen if you use your nails, I told the guy off, that I saw picking at them. Great pics, glad you had fun, it was a long Saturday for me as well.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
well first off looks like iv alredy been beaten by 2 other toronto people lol.

Positives:
-great body lines
-excellent paint
- agressive stance

Negatives:
I'm one of those "Big Boned" guys (6'0 235lbs) and i fit in just fine, Interior was quite roomy (more room than my cobalt coupe if someone is looking for a comparison, also much more room then the majority of the foreign cars i tried sitting in, specifically the EVO, my ass got stuck between the steering wheel and the set, i mean seriously?) I like that i don't have to hold my elbow above my head to rest it on the door, which im sure some people can empathize with if you've sat in a non-muscle sports car. One thing i did notice tho, maybe its just me, did the windshield seem a little small (not that it impaired my vision or anything, and it was nice regardless)?
VictoryRed08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Squalo. ur statement is very tru. but why isnt their a clear coat on top of the stripes to prevent that situation from happening.

VictoryRed08. now that i think of it the camaro wasnt to bad inside. i had plent of space to move around and play with stuff. but if u feel comfy thats all that matters. it might be just u but i found the windsheild fine. the rear glass however is hard to see through, or maby i didnt try hard enought lol.

shurenuff. yea i completly agree i was like lame when i seen the cloth side panels. it totaly takes away from the pop of the interior. the orange panles would have made it that much better and my comment about a blah passanger side would have changed.

oo i also rembered something. with the paddle shifters. anyone notice that the upshift button was harder to hit being so close to the windsheild wiper stalk?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Great pics, thanks! It's strange that they used cloth panels for the SS/RS interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
shurenuff. yea i completly agree i was like lame when i seen the cloth side panels. it totaly takes away from the pop of the interior. the orange panles would have made it that much better and my comment about a blah passanger side would have changed.
That's what the car's going to get in a 1SS. Personally, I though they were quite nice. The Ambient lighting is a freaking awesome feature, but I don't envy getting my arm stuck to those plastic panels in the summertime, so I'm glad they used cloth paneling...but that's me.

Great pictures, and nice review!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's what the car's going to get in a 1SS.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the thing that strikes me as strange is that this car has cloth panels and inferno orange leather seats, which is indicative of a 2SS model. Shouldn't this car have inferno orange panels?
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I think we all have to remember GM is piecing together some of these cars to show us the differences. One could take it as a demo of what it could look like if you order it in this manner.

Fbodfather has stated the interiors are not complete on most of the vehicle, so this could be why the front trim is in cloth on leather. I bet they were trying to get the IO interior out to the public, and they wanted to show the color combo for the seats in the IOM car. It has helped change a lot of peoples views of the IO seats.

I wish I could get the IOM car down here close to VA. This is the color I ordered, and I would love to see what it looks like in true life. I have seen other vehicles in the same color, but nothing equals to seeing this car in this color.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nice review

The gauges should be a lot more visible when the shifter is in D position. I can see what you saying about the shift level blocking the view of the gauges while in Park.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
Peeling of the vinyl striping huh? I forgot about that issue....unfortunately getting it painted would waaaaayyy over budget for me.
Darn....i still want my racing stripes! lol

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Nice pics, thanks!

Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
First off, this car was previously a 1SS that was converted to a Leather, it only has the leather seats, its missing the leather and stitched armrests which gives it away and it has the regular stereo. The car was beautiful, the orange leather is tricky to get the real colour of them, it is a more burnt and dark orange but it is gorgous. The only way i captured what the c9olour truly looks like was on my Iphone. The IOM colour for the exterior is absolutley amazing, i am very happy that i went with my gut and ordered this in October. Ive seent the IOM outside and it looked the same as it did inside, so outdoor lights vs indoor lights dont make a big difference at nall. When comparing the Camaro to the IOM H3T there, the Camaros lines brings out alot of the orange and dam, its just beautiful.
The one thing i did notice about the car is that pictures make the interior look small, but in real-life, everything is bigger and its just perfect, the 4 pack gauges are pretty huge and are in a very nice sot, overall the car feels like a tailored suit, it grabs you, and everything is conviently placed. The only negative comment made by my family was from my girlfriend, she didnt like the door hadles on the inside of the car. I explained to her how its actually unique and very nice, and that its the average car which has the door handle on the top, She understood afterwards and she said other then that that it was perfect, and better then what she had seen in the pics ive been showing her.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
r.i.p.01slpss

Drives: 01 camaro ss (R.I.P) 92 RS
Great pics! can't get enough of that IOM with the white rally stripes (what Im ordering)