Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #1961
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Oh crap, that sounds awesome
I am in love with it. It's even better in person but still quiet at freeway speeds.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #1962
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Recorded on an IPhone so the quality isn't the best but I'll get a better vid later.

Man does that sound sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #1963
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Sounds awesome. Did you use the stock intermediate pipe? Headers look like they're coated, are they? Is a tune next?
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #1964
newb

Thanks for the compliments! I used the stock intermediates. Only changed the headers and cats mid pipes. Still debating the x-pipe. I don't really want to hack up the exhaust and have headers then catted mid pipes, then the x-pipe, then the axle back. Seems like too many pieces to me. Not how I like to do things.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #1965
newb

Oh and yes! They are coated. I got a great deal from Maryland speed

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #1966
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks, I'm still on the steep side of the learning curve for C5 Camaros. I didn't realize the exhaust was one welded piece after the mid-pipes. I assumed there was a factory break before the axles like many of the aftermarket cat-backs.

I had posted a couple questions in the bolt-ons forum but didn't get the complete picture. After reading your post I went looking for a little more info. It's sometimes hard to visualize all the details if you've never seen the complete exhaust in person. I found this article that had some great pics and information.

http://www.camaroperformers.com/proj...t/viewall.html
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #1967
newb

Well you certainly came to the right place.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #1968
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Thanks for the compliments! I used the stock intermediates. Only changed the headers and cats mid pipes. Still debating the x-pipe. I don't really want to hack up the exhaust and have headers then catted mid pipes, then the x-pipe, then the axle back. Seems like too many pieces to me. Not how I like to do things.
That sounds exactly like it should... the stock H pipe performs better on these cars than an X pipe.

Man I have got to get my headers done!!

Great build!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #1969
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Quote:
Oh and yes! They are coated. I got a great deal from Maryland speed
What did the headers and high flow cats cost ? Im thinking of kooks or american racing headers scince they are local .
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #1970
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
What did the headers and high flow cats cost ? Im thinking of kooks or american racing headers scince they are local .
Call Maryland speed. They had a great deal on the kooks. My price was higher than most since Hawaii shipping is so damn expensive. Can't go wrong with kooks or ARH.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #1971
tramtwo

Quote:
Call Maryland speed. They had a great deal on the kooks. My price was higher than most since Hawaii shipping is so damn expensive. Can't go wrong with kooks or ARH.
I'd like to through Dynatech into the mix.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #1972
tramtwo

Quote:

I trust Ted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Flow is not the discussion, HP Torque increases One over the Other is.

Placement of an X or H pipe can and will make or break an exhaust systems performance advantage.

In other words an X or H pipe in the wrong place in the system can be worthless, on one engine and great on another.

I have been building custom exhaust systems for as long as I can remember, there is no combination that I have not tried, tested, seen or otherwise.

I have never seen an real concise definite improvement of an X pipe over a PROPERLY placed and sized H Pipe. at least nothing that we can prove via SOP meter, 1/4 mile drag racing or Chassis Dyno Testing.

Everything is subject to how good or bad the previous design is to start with when testing a new idea or design.

This does not mean an engine can't benefit from a X pipe or H pipe that didn't previously have one, see my above statement.

We are talking about 2010 Camaros here.

Now, there have been engines in other makes and models that may of had a bad cam or cylinder head design that an X pipe may have edged out an H pipe, for the Camaro this is not the case.

The X pipe Does more For sound control than Performance from what I have seen.

This discussion can go on forever.

Ted.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95996
Old 03-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #1973
newb

It has a little bit of rasp at WOT. I like it so far but if it gets old I'll x-pipe it.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #1974
tramtwo

Quote:
It has a little bit of rasp at WOT. I like it so far but if it gets old I'll x-pipe it.
well from your video I think it sounds perfect. Ya going back to the dyno soon?