Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Concerns about just keeping an ipod plugged in all the time?

We have one of the first gen ipods that still works pretty well. Does anyone see a drawback in just leaving it plugged into the USB all the time? Maybe just take it out to resync when we add music to the library.

When it's not being used the ipod seems to turn off and the only downside I can see would be a small draw from the car battery. Any other thoughts?

TIA
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I've had my 30 gig ipod plugged in for 10 months now and have no problems. I don't see any problem with it. Once it is idle for a few minutes it is off and should have no power draw.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Thanks

I am impressed how quick it starts playing from where you left off when you startup or when it is idle.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
If iPod is continually being charged I think it affects battery life. This is hear say for me, but I heard if you want the best battery life on something you let it drain until its almost dead then recharge it fully. But if the thing stays in the car all the time I wouldn't worry about it. I was using my iPhone for music but I stopped and started using my older iPod.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Cj_

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
If iPod is continually being charged I think it affects battery life. This is hear say for me, but I heard if you want the best battery life on something you let it drain until its almost dead then recharge it fully. But if the thing stays in the car all the time I wouldn't worry about it. I was using my iPhone for music but I stopped and started using my older iPod.
Continuously have my iPhone plugged in... after almost 3yrs, I still have 3hrs of continuous battery life... Hopefully that pertains to the older iPods as well.

Cj
Cj_ is offline   Reply With Quote