Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #57
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Also dont be afraid to haggle a little bit.

Ask them if they would do it for like 350 for instance and say you would pay in cash.

I bet they would say ok, they are just trying to see if you will bite on the super high price like alot of their customers probably do.

I go to a place called mexico mufflers, and they told my bro 300 to install springs. I got them down to 100 bucks lol although it is hard to communicate.
LOL!! $100?! That's good haggling!! I'm going to another place today and I'll see if they'll work with me on the price. I also need my res x installed so hopefully I can get them to cut me a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hey just throwing this out there but maybe you could message Matt from FSP see when the next time he will be in PC and see how much he will charge for the install. And maybe if you go for the IPF tune he can give you some type of special pricing. Not sure how he does business but it doesn't hurt to ask.

That's a good idea, man. I might do that. I know he said not too long ago that he was going to be up in the PC/Lynn Haven area sometime soon and we were discussing me possibly getting IPF tuned. Thanks for the heads up!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #58
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Okay guys. Got a new quote to install the headers for $274 this time. I'm going to jump on it. Way cheaper than before.

Also PoorMansCamaro....I did ask their hourly rate for labor this time.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #59
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Okay guys. Got a new quote to install the headers for $274 this time. I'm going to jump on it. Way cheaper than before.

That's more like it . $274 is actually a pretty good deal
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #60
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
That's more like it . $274 is actually a pretty good deal

That's what I was thinking as well.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #61
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:

haha awesome! you're gonna LOVE it!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #62
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

Nice! Not a bad deal at all!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #63
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I would call the place that quoted you $460 and tell them thank you for giving you a vastly overpriced quote for header install, because now you've found a reputable shop that isn't over charging, and tell them your new quote.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #64
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I would call the place that quoted you $460 and tell them thank you for giving you a vastly overpriced quote for header install, because now you've found a reputable shop that isn't over charging, and tell them your new quote.

LOL. I should!!! I probably won't...but I should!!! Hahahaha.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #65
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
I like Shock top or Blue moon with a slice of orange man!! LOL!
I live north of Pensacola and I'm off for a whole month. If you don't get this installed by June 10th when I get back home. Let me know and I'll drop the wife and kid off by the shopping mall and help you out. My bestfriend and I did my SLP LT headers on my SS in about 2-3 hrs with floor jacks and stands. We were not rushing either. All you need is a socket set really. The torque wrench is a good way but you can tell around 18ft-lbs and it don't take much. But it's really not hard and I wouldn't mind as I come that way anyways on nice sunny days. I keep a tool set in the trunk that would complete it all. But I would recommend a nice Craftsman set in the truck just incase for future. You never know when you may need it.
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #66
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
I live north of Pensacola and I'm off for a whole month. If you don't get this installed by June 10th when I get back home. Let me know and I'll drop the wife and kid off by the shopping mall and help you out. My bestfriend and I did my SLP LT headers on my SS in about 2-3 hrs with floor jacks and stands. We were not rushing either. All you need is a socket set really. The torque wrench is a good way but you can tell around 18ft-lbs and it don't take much. But it's really not hard and I wouldn't mind as I come that way anyways on nice sunny days. I keep a tool set in the trunk that would complete it all. But I would recommend a nice Craftsman set in the truck just incase for future. You never know when you may need it.

Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #67
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieSSZ28 View Post
Awesome of another forum member to offer their assistance like that.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #68
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Good luck man! I haven't found a single shop in my area willing to install headers. Small towns suck
Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 AM   #69
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.
So how do you like them?!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #70
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
I have the same question mine wanna charge me 450 to install now I have a friend that is willing to help me out but then what do I do about the check engine light, someone told me that my car would run rich or lean due too not having a tune after a header install( kooks header) so should I install them anyways?
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote