Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
What is the temperature today?
Right now its about 70 degrees. Going to be 82 by mid day. As we say "Lucky we live Hawaii". I thank the Marines for bringing me here and eventually retiring me at a very young age.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #44
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Right now its about 70 degrees. Going to be 82 by mid day. As we say "Lucky we live Hawaii". I thank the Marines for bringing me here and eventually retiring me at a very young age.
High temps and the buildup of underhood heat is what kills metal intake performance on the street, despite the coating claims. That said if you like the intake now, you'll love it with the scoop. If you're going without the washer bottle even better.

If you are going with the washer bottle, take note of where it sits and then imagine what it would be like without it in there.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
Haole
2017 SS

Quick question again, I have a dremel tool for cutting, the only thing is for dome reason it is stuck on the highest speed. Should I just get something else to cut outfor the scoop or try using my dremel?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #46
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Thank you so much Chase! This thread is perfection!

Can we please have any "WHAT'S THE BEST CAI?" threads from here on out locked with a link to this thread please?
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #47
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Don't know if anyone else has said this, but can one of the moderators make this a sticky for those who want to know more information before buying an intake system? A lot of good information here that i wouldn't want to get burried beneath a lot of other threads.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #48
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Quick question again, I have a dremel tool for cutting, the only thing is for dome reason it is stuck on the highest speed. Should I just get something else to cut outfor the scoop or try using my dremel?
That should be fine. The material is actually pretty soft. It is hard to describe but it is not as hard as plastic but not as soft as rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Thank you so much Chase! This thread is perfection!

Can we please have any "WHAT'S THE BEST CAI?" threads from here on out locked with a link to this thread please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Don't know if anyone else has said this, but can one of the moderators make this a sticky for those who want to know more information before buying an intake system? A lot of good information here that i wouldn't want to get burried beneath a lot of other threads.
Thanks. Some are advocating for it to be made a "Sticky" but if nothing else there now exists a thread that can be linked to when a "Whats The Best CAI" thread is posted. Even if it does achieve "Sticky" status you would probably still have to link to it.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #49
txgoose

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
So it's not true. I had heard SOME Chevy dealers refused to warranty fuel injectors if you had an aftermarket, especially oiled, intake. Interesting.
txgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #50
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgoose View Post
So it's not true. I had heard SOME Chevy dealers refused to warranty fuel injectors if you had an aftermarket, especially oiled, intake. Interesting.
The only way that would be legal is if they could prove that the issue in question was a direct result of the modification. Here is a link to another thread I posted that covers the relationship between modifying your car and warranty law.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #51
Haole
2017 SS

Well i got my scoop and w/w bottle installed. I realized when going to mount my remote fill to my CAI housing, I didn't hey the (2) Black oxide cap screws with my kit. So I had to make due for now. Will be able to test everything out tomorrow morning on my way to work.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #52
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Well i got my scoop and w/w bottle installed. I realized when going to mount my remote fill to my CAI housing, I didn't hey the (2) Black oxide cap screws with my kit. So I had to make due for now. Will be able to test everything out tomorrow morning on my way to work.
I didn't get those either, but I don't think they are using them anymore. But honestly that big black fill part is huge and doesn't need to be use. I paid a dollar or two for a hose plug at Lowes and drilled a tiny pilot hole for a breather.Then just routed the hose to a location where it is safe. When it is time to fill, pull the plug and use a small funnel.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #53
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Standing by to read what you think after you take it for a spin.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #54
Haole
2017 SS

Well tested out my car this morning on the highway alone (most of the time). I can definitely tell the difference from my stock intake. Soon as I hit the gas it took off. The sound is much meaner I especially did it when passing the one or two cars on the highway. Along wing my LED sidemarkers and the roar I'm sure I woke them up. This was at 4am, so I'm very pleased with my latest mod.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #55
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Well tested out my car this morning on the highway alone (most of the time). I can definitely tell the difference from my stock intake. Soon as I hit the gas it took off. The sound is much meaner I especially did it when passing the one or two cars on the highway. Along wing my LED sidemarkers and the roar I'm sure I woke them up. This was at 4am, so I'm very pleased with my latest mod.
Congrats! Glad to hear you are happy with it.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #56
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Chase, I will let you know. So far I do notice a difference with just the CAI installed.
Good to hear, thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Post some pics for us to see if you get a chance!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air intake, apex motorsports, best air intake, cai