Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #71
Pa.5thgen

Drives: Imperial Blue 1SS
My 1SS purchase was based solely on never having another car with leather, traded in an 06 GTO with 4200 miles whos leather had shrunk so badly that it was blowing apart at the seams. Would have liked the better headlights but thats about the only thing that i liked from the other packages, except the console gauges which were easy enough to install.
Pa.5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #72
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I honestly don't see the point in spending more money on stuff that I neither wanted nor needed. All I wanted was the V8, Why would I want to pay 3K extra for stuff that I really don't want or need.

Why would anyone? You are making assumptions, really bad ones at that.
I see what you are saying. But 51% of Camaro Owners opted for the 2SS and that is a huge statement against the 1SS made by the graph or sales numbers, NOT me. I read the graph and thats what I understood. When V8 purchasers had the option to go with the 1SS they ignored the model by a significant ratio and I think an assumption can be made there that most owners were thinkin "if I can spend money on a V8, then I can afford the extra 3K"

Parallel that to the 1LT vs 2LT numbers the graph clearly shows a closer competition and obviously just as many 1LT owners saw value in that model because of affordability and no need for the extra options. Hell thats why I went with that model.

I don't think any Camaro model is useless, but the graph clearly shows that consumers don't see almost as much value in a 1SS as a LS model. And those consumers aren't V6 owners they are fellow SS owners who opted for the 2SS model instead.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #73
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
I wonder how many IOM 2SS's have the two tone interior.... when I saw that it was like icing on the cake.... I had to have it, so I bought it....
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #74
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette_dad View Post
I am curious about manual vs. automatics
I am curious to see RS vs non-RS models too.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #75
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I see what you are saying. But 51% of Camaro Owners opted for the 2SS and that is a huge statement against the 1SS made by the graph or sales numbers, NOT me. I read the graph and thats what I understood. When V8 purchasers had the option to go with the 1SS they ignored the model by a significant ratio and I think an assumption can be made there that most owners were thinkin "if I can spend money on a V8, then I can afford the extra 3K"

Parallel that to the 1LT vs 2LT numbers the graph clearly shows a closer competition and obviously just as many 1LT owners saw value in that model because of affordability and no need for the extra options. Hell thats why I went with that model.

I don't think any Camaro model is useless, but the graph clearly shows that consumers don't see almost as much value in a 1SS as a LS model. And those consumers aren't V6 owners they are fellow SS owners who opted for the 2SS model instead.
You don't know how many of those 2SS owners were even thinking of a 1SS. For me and many others an extra 3K is not an option.
Like I said, to me it seems like the issue is that the 1SS has so few options. I feel like it should be more like a 1LT is to a 2LT. Not more comparable to the LS like it is now.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #76
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You don't know how many of those 2SS owners were even thinking of a 1SS. For me and many others an extra 3K is not an option.
Like I said, to me it seems like the issue is that the 1SS has so few options. I feel like it should be more like a 1LT is to a 2LT. Not more comparable to the LS like it is now.
Great point. The 1SS is definitely under-optioned for the V8 class and the money. But isn't that what he graph shows? That's what I gleaned from it.

I tell you what though, in a few years if and when I decided to buy a used SS as a track car, then it will probably be a 1SS......easier to gut

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 05-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #77
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I have the most popular Model and Color. (Black, 2SS/RS) If they would have had Summit White when I got my car, I would have gotten it.. I love the White..
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #78
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:

When you hit bottom quit digging, and most here, know what happens when you assume, I bought the car I wanted, no if ands or buts... I assure you $3K was not the deciding factor, heck I'll have spent more than that on mods... The car is a just a down payment on accessories.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #79
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
im curious on how many manuals vs automatics being sold as well. Im surprised that IOM wasnt as high. It seems that it is falling off a little according to the numbers. Once i saw IOM i absolutely fell in love with it, never thought i would buy an orange car though. I always planned on getting an 02 ta and get it burnt orange with black stripes. It was just an idea that i figured would never happen bc orange was just a wild idea, but low and behold the camaro took the spot on that idea.
(Was hoping for burnt orange in the beginning but the IOM grows on you, love it way more)
I got the v6 because it was either the v6 or nothing. I really wanted to get the first official production 2010 model year and i like the bells and whistles. Before i always thought i would never use some features like blue tooth for explain but i use it all the time. Features are nice even if you dont think you will use them but you might surprise yourself. Now if you know that you will never use them then save some money. Gauges arent a necessity but its a nice styling feature. And i love the leather seats.
Fully loaded 2LT V6 for me
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #80
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
I tell you what though, in a few years if and when I decided to buy a used SS as a track car, then it will probably be a 1SS......easier to gut
If you can find one! j/k
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #81
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
If you can find one! j/k
Oh yeah.......it might be more expensive because there's so few of them.......LOL....I will look for a 2SS then :LOL:

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #82
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolee View Post
i see what your saying but i see that a lot of guys on here want just the engine and nothing fancy, like no guages, no bluetooth, no leather, just an engine, body, a steering wheel and maybe... maybe.. maybe a radio lol
That's exactly why I got the 1ss, and I hate leather... I like that I never see IBM around town. I like it, that's why I got it, but I only saw about 4 or 5 at Camaro Fest.

Two people actually asked me how much my custom paint job cost...
mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #83
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
im curious on how many manuals vs automatics being sold as well. Im surprised that IOM wasnt as high. It seems that it is falling off a little according to the numbers. Once i saw IOM i absolutely fell in love with it, never thought i would buy an orange car though. I always planned on getting an 02 ta and get it burnt orange with black stripes. It was just an idea that i figured would never happen bc orange was just a wild idea, but low and behold the camaro took the spot on that idea.
(Was hoping for burnt orange in the beginning but the IOM grows on you, love it way more)
I got the v6 because it was either the v6 or nothing. I really wanted to get the first official production 2010 model year and i like the bells and whistles. Before i always thought i would never use some features like blue tooth for explain but i use it all the time. Features are nice even if you dont think you will use them but you might surprise yourself. Now if you know that you will never use them then save some money. Gauges arent a necessity but its a nice styling feature. And i love the leather seats.
Fully loaded 2LT V6 for me
I heard it was 3/1 a/m, but that was just from some video on youtube so i dont know... I'd like to know too.
mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #84
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I love having a rare color