Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Any 17 year olds 5th gen Camaro owners?

Just wondering if your parents make you pay your own insurance or if they pay it...well either way how much is it? And who is your provider? For your LS,LT,2LT,or SS (1&2). Just wondering what to expect when I get around to picking out mine. Thanks for your input!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
jrodgt

Drives: cyber gray 2lt Rs
dude im 21 and im getting the camaro next week and i requested some quotes... all i can say is im gonna ask my father to add it to his insurance.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Im 21 on my own insurance and i pay 198 a month and its a SS
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
You'll appreciate it more if you pay for it yourself.
It doesn't matter if your parents have the disposable income,
YOU need to learn that something given to you is much less
appreciated than something YOU earn and pay for.

but it is better, $$$ wise, if you are added to their policy.

...just my .02

Cheers!
RixRad
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
squatin0n18s

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS A6 Camaro
my friend has one that's 17(he may be 18) and he doesnt pay ANYTHING on his car, got a cas card, and unlimited car washes at the local detailing shop...the insurance is in his father's name so i imagine its alot cheaper. i'm 18 and trying to buy one and my parents are only agreeing to paying half the insurance, the car payment and other half (and whatever mods i do) are solely on me. not trying to complain, i personally like it, it'll make me feel like its MY car, not me just driving my parents car.
squatin0n18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatin0n18s View Post
my friend has one that's 17(he may be 18) and he doesnt pay ANYTHING on his car, got a cas card, and unlimited car washes at the local detailing shop...the insurance is in his father's name so i imagine its alot cheaper. i'm 18 and trying to buy one and my parents are only agreeing to paying half the insurance, the car payment and other half (and whatever mods i do) are solely on me. not trying to complain, i personally like it, it'll make me feel like its MY car, not me just driving my parents car.
This really is the case. Good for you making payments on your own car!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

man i wish i was offered help for my car. But hey i can say im 21 and paying everything for a NICE a$$ car and cant be called spoiled. win for me.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

Drives: Black 2ss Rs
I'm 17..bought the car myself. Pay for the insurance myself. Learned from my father who passed away two years ago. Paid for everything on the car blacked out bowties, side markers, tints and exhaust. I hate spoiled kids who don't pay for their shit. I'm sorry if you don't pay for it it aint yours
Brettscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
18 2LT/RS- 615 a month StateFarm Insurance, i paid the down payment (8k) and i pay insurance and gas, which comes out to about 800-900 a month. My insurance cost is more then the car payments. The good thing about paying your own insurance is that it makes you more responsible when it comes to driving, you wont be speeding when your insurance is 615 a month, can you imagine if i ever got a speeding ticket? I dont want to imagine.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
TJ91

The funny thing is, youll see alot of members here bashing kids who get cars as gifts, they act as if they would turn down the offer when they were once that age....
For the record, ever since me and my brother were 3, we were told that if we did well in school and go on to University, we get the car we like. It was motivation and it worked great, brother got a Mustang and is going to medschool this year, and im on my way to becoming a Police Officer so all is well.
Ill be doing the same for my kids when im older as long as they hold their end of the deal
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

OMG!!! i left state farm for that very reason i use allstate now. u pay more a month then i do in payments ins and gas. plus im sure putting 18k down helped that. 4 years of working and saving pays off. Take that people saying i was a loser for saving my money and sitting at home!!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
The funny thing is, youll see alot of members here bashing kids who get cars as gifts, they act as if they would turn down the offer when they were once that age....
For the record, ever since me and my brother were 3, we were told that if we did well in school and go on to University, we get the car we like. It was motivation and it worked great, brother got a Mustang and is going to medschool this year, and im on my way to becoming a Police Officer so all is well.
Ill be doing the same for my kids when im older as long as they hold their end of the deal
hell yeah dude im get shit for being 21 with a ss but damnit i worked hard for it!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnc3r View Post
You'll appreciate it more if you pay for it yourself.
It doesn't matter if your parents have the disposable income,
YOU need to learn that something given to you is much less
appreciated than something YOU earn and pay for.

but it is better, $$$ wise, if you are added to their policy.

...just my .02

Cheers!
RixRad
Why do people always say this? This doesnt apply to everyone.
Did you not appreciate the bike your parents bought for you when you were a kid? Or, wait did everyone do child labor at the age of 4 and by their own bikes?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
I know I'm older than the OP's asking for but at 24, I pay less money on my own than with my parents-- who have perfect driving records.

That's because I have a bachelor's degree and my parents only made it through high school. Switching to Geico from AIG (which became 21st Century) saved us about $1,300 to $1,400 a year. A ton!
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote