Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #57
rharon

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS/RS
Who is the designer of the spoiler and where can I get one?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #58
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
I could care less whether it's a TTV6 or a V8, just as long as they make one we can buy that looks like that! And when I say "looks like that" I mean exactly like THAT CAR! NO BODY WORK CHANGES! The grills are perfect, the hood is perfect, the wheels are great, the ground effects, spoiler, and exhaust outlets are perfect, the front bumper is perfect, and the rear vents are finally not a disgusting eyesore without a function!

I would be soooooo pissed if GM produced this, but went the cheaper route and used the current grills in that awesome bumper or didn't produce the exact same exhaust setup and ground effects! The current production junk sucks compared to the grills, ground effects, and exhaust outlets on this Leno Camaro!

Things that I would be willing to sacrifice for a production model (or wanting changed) would be...
-basic Brembo brakes just like the SS has, but red or blue calipers optional
-the engine has some things I don't like. I don't understand the anodized blue things on the strut towers. I don't like the engine cover being so square and blocky, it needs some artistry put into it. I don't know a thing about the Nissan GTR, but I like the way the engine looks. http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...t-r_engine.jpg The cover needs visual interest. My only initial recommendation is a line down the middle separating it bilaterally with some muscular looking rounded items similar to the LS1 intake rather than flat and square items. The airbox lid looks like it belongs in a Toyota Corolla. It needs the same visual interest applied to it. The LT1 engine was from the pre-engine cover days, and even it looked more attractive than this. It had a lot for you to look at. All I see under the hood of the current Camaro (this one included of course) is a big square, unattractive engine cover with two big black boxes surrounding it.

Add something to them so they stop looking like black plastic clamshells action figures come packaged in. Ex: compare how cool Callaway's supercharger looks compared to the ZR1's. There's sculptural detail on the Callaway one, while the ZR1 just has some goofy painted guitar pick lookin' thing.
-rear brake ducts could be fake for cost cutting, just as long as they have an inch or two of "real" look to them, same goes for the hood vents, but I of course would prefer they all be real.
-wheels that aren't staggered should be available. I don't like the expense of super wide rear tires. The cost of replacing one of my GXP's wide front tires from clipping a curb unexpectedly just about killed me moneywise--but perhaps that's just my own personal issue. I'd prefer four wheels that are the same width and diameter available. I like this design and finish.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #59
PartsGedder

Drives: -
The blue things on the strut towers are the adjuster knobs for the Xa coil overs. They painted them blue to match other components on the car.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #60
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Lists of wants from Leno's car... The hood... the rear diffuser/exhaust tips... the single cutout rear gill... oh yeah, the turbo chargers...

I like the spoiler too but not enough to put a spoiler on the spoilerless rear end.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #61
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Looks perfect. I'd take it in a heartbeat

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #62
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
[/CENTER]

I want that spoiler for mine!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #63
Dvst8or
Frey Daddy

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Does anyone know what size those wheels are?
Dvst8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #64
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Bah, that Leno car does nothing for me. If you ask me, Leno was put up to it by GM to sell the concept at the show. Star power above all else. I would think that if Leno was to do things his own way, he would have had complete autonomy and designed his perfect Camaro on a V8 platform of some kind. I think Jay Leno would have been the last enthusiast to worry about fuel economy and I think both he and the car are contridictions in terms at this booth. Maui Jim's car and other concepts there look and likely perform much better than this car. I suppose if we were just judging based on pure innovation, the car would be a 10 because there is virtually no fuel economy loss and it is a true V6, but I was looking for something with a bit more meat. I've seen worse but I've also seen much better.

I've never used Pedder's Suspensions and I'm sure they are great if all the SEMA cars are using them, so I take nothing away from them. Please do not misunderstand me.

What I would really like to know is where I can purchase those Camaro convertible concept wheels with the red stripe along the sidewall. I've been seeing them forever and I want them beyond badly. I was teased early on with the concept, and then saw them on Tom Peter's convertible. I was assuming they'd be an option when the 2010 Camaro was released, but alas, it wasn't. Release these wheels already!
Leno is huge on 'Green' cars. Yes he has a lot of cars that get pretty bad MPG, but he also has some electrics that he loves. Check out his reviews and updates on some of the cars at jaylenosgarage.com - he loves the fuel cell equinox and the idea of the chevy volt.

He recently swapped out the 4 speed in his (1970) challenger for a 5 speed and one of the reasons was for MPG.

P.S. He has a walkaround of this camaro at jaylenosgarage.com too. He thinks that GM should make this car the Z28.

Last edited by squat; 11-04-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: edit for the PS
squat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #65
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Now THAT is one of the better looking 5th Gens. I've seen!

Not "overly done" with paint, body modifications, etc.!

Just a "clean", bada@@ look.

Truly one of the best looking 5th Gens.!
have to agree. do want
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #66
Radtech

Drives: G-Body
BBS is making 2 new part numbers that are designed for the Camaro. The Leno Car and the National Guard Car both had a prototype set of rear wheels. BBS will be producing a slightly higher offset version of the wheels that will be perfect for the Camaro.

The wheels are:

Front: 20x9 / 27.3 lbs / $665.00 each
Rear: 20x10.5 / 28.5 lbs / $695.00 each

These wheels are made using the same technology (cast and flow-formed) that we use on Porsche and Ferrari OEM wheels. These wheels are very stiff and very strong.

The production version of these wheels are expected to arrive into the US in late Jan - early Feb 2010.
Radtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #67
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
Are the wheels on the Camaro Dusk car BBS as well? They looked a more appropriate design and size for the Camaro than the wheels on the Leno car. The Leno car has nicer wheels than current factory ones, but the Dusk car had the best.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #68
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtech View Post
BBS is making 2 new part numbers that are designed for the Camaro. The Leno Car and the National Guard Car both had a prototype set of rear wheels. BBS will be producing a slightly higher offset version of the wheels that will be perfect for the Camaro.

The wheels are:

Front: 20x9 / 27.3 lbs / $665.00 each
Rear: 20x10.5 / 28.5 lbs / $695.00 each

These wheels are made using the same technology (cast and flow-formed) that we use on Porsche and Ferrari OEM wheels. These wheels are very stiff and very strong.

The production version of these wheels are expected to arrive into the US in late Jan - early Feb 2010.

I am glad BBS is making wheels for the Camaro. I have been a big fan of their wheels have have probably sold over a thousand sets from 2001 to 2007

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #69
tony19118

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6 Hyper Blue
Send a message via AIM to tony19118
looks very awesome!!
1999 V6 A4 Red w/T-Tops - Owned 2002-2008
tony19118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #70
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
The Rims look like "Crap",but the camaro looks nice!,expecially the front bumper,hood