Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #15
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Wow!!!

It's like spaghette toes on our rear ends, they are allowing way too much movement. :(

Noticed a little flexing in the lower and trailing arm, but nothing like the toes!

When can we expect the lowers and more footage.....

I want to see what the toes & trailing arms I got from you are doing without duct taping my camera down there!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Wow!!!

It's like spaghette toes on our rear ends, they are allowing way too much movement. :(

Noticed a little flexing in the lower and trailing arm, but nothing like the toes!

When can we expect the lowers and more footage.....

I want to see what the toes & trailing arms I got from you are doing without duct taping my camera down there!
The blog is all being done in real time so it will be a while before we get to that stage because we only get the track once a month for testing. We do have another track day coming up this month but we will still be on the stock suspension testing with more power. We installed a Magnacharger on the car and want to see what 550 RWHP does to the stock suspension before we put the good stuff on!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I'm wondering what stiffening everything up in the rear suspension will do to the axles. I'm sure the travel takes a HELLA load off the axles, so what happens when we eliminate or lessen it? Aftermarket axles aren't cheap at all. I know you have to pay to play but the everyday guy that takes his car to the track one or two times a year isn't going to want to shell out $$$ for new axles. Hopefully we can find a happy medium here that will give us the best traction and response without breaking shit.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #18
BMR Suspension

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I'm wondering what stiffening everything up in the rear suspension will do to the axles. I'm sure the travel takes a HELLA load off the axles, so what happens when we eliminate or lessen it? Aftermarket axles aren't cheap at all. I know you have to pay to play but the everyday guy that takes his car to the track one or two times a year isn't going to want to shell out $$$ for new axles. Hopefully we can find a happy medium here that will give us the best traction and response without breaking shit.
I know what you mean...nobody wants to hook so hard that they start breaking drivetrain parts. On the other hand, nobody want to lose a race to a Mustang GT500.....lol.

By the way, BMR has teamed up with Strange Engineering to develop a solid rear axle conversion kit for the 2010 Camaro. Although this kit is not intended for everyone, this will be an option for anyone who breaks their stock axles.

Closed Thread